[Easy_Root/Unroot][Any_Oreo/Nougat_Firmware_V4_Bootloaders][Tmp_Twrp_Recovery]

Search This thread

marvelv94

Jan 26, 2018
After looking around for 4 days I was finally able to find G930T U8 ENG ROOT Modem.bin file, but when I'm trying to flash it using odin it wont pass file Analyzing
I hope you can look more into it. if we can flash this then we can able to root U8 bootloaders too

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dhHeYAPsCqKQ_eFfuzPaYbgFv0y1BSLr

These guys also selling Eng boot for $60
https://support.halabtech.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=file&id=90428
Any luck with being able to root v8 bootloaders like the G930TUVS8CRL1

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Im just waiting on them to email me the passwords

Sent using some kind of device I modified
Any luck with being able to root v8 bootloaders like the G930TUVS8CRL1

Nov 9, 2014
would this work for a phone with G930TUVS8CRL1?

Would this work for my phone with the above firmware? My goal is to root the phone and install Lineage or some other custom rom to get more space, better performance, and more battery life. Although the phone has been out for a while, I just got it. I found this post while searching for TWRP for my phone, which runs Android 8, and the model is SM-G930T.

Toolmighty

Jul 31, 2013
Moline
virus?

I tried to download adb root/unroot tools and chrome blocked dwnld. Disabled safe browsing and tried to download and windows defender blocked download. Said it was a trojan?

D Sidious2

Apr 23, 2016
well, things were going good. I acquired root, thanks to all the work behind this thread, and wanted to unroot. followed the steps, got to the last step in recovery where is should say verified and twice now i keep getiing an error message concerning unable to mount system rw, and failed to set up dirty target. any info to help?

RooterBooter

May 13, 2012
Would this work on baseband version G930TUVSBCTA2? I'm not sure which bootloader this is, since it's not a number 5th from the right. It's the letter B. Any help is greatly appreciated.

britechguy

Jan 20, 2017
Staunton, VA
britechguy.com
Just curious if there have been any updates with regard to baseband version G930TUVSBCTA2?

I decided to start working on getting TWRP on to a device, which was T-Mobile purchased, last night. It was unlocked from the T-Mobile network months ago (but still works on it), and I was able to get into Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging and flip the OEM Unlock toggle, which I was under the impression was for the bootloader.

I can boot the device into download mode, get Odin to recognize it, but trying to flash TWRP always fails. Everything appears to be going swimmingly and then, at the last step, there's a write error.

I suspect there's some permission that I have somehow missed that I need to enable/disable.

I'd really like to get this device upgraded to a custom ROM based on Android 10 or 11, but need TWRP before I can even do that. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EASY ROOT/UNROOT FOR S7 OR S7E ALL NOUGAT OR OREO STOCK ROMS
    THANKS @klabit87 FOR OREO ROOT
    TEMPORARY TWRP RECOVERY VIA ADB THANKS TO @afaneh92

This is for AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon and Sprint running V4 bootloaders only!​

This tool will allow you too easily root any stock rom allowing you to make any modifications you might want then easily unroot for better performance
    This will Also give you a fully functional TWRP recovery that can be accessed via adb. TWRP is fully functional on OREO Roms but is limited on Nougat roms
    The initial setup does require a data wipe.​

S7 G930T Flat Odin Factory FIrmware Downloads
    G930TUVU4CRI2_8.0_4File_USA (T-Mobile).rar

ADB_Root Temporary Twrp Tool Download
    S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z

S7 G935 Edge Root/Unroot Odin Files Downloads
    These Files Are Needed To Unroot Your Phone
    SM_G935_EDGE_OREO.7z
    SM_G935_EDGE_NOUGAT.7z

S7 G930 Flat Root/Unroot Odin Files Downloads
    These Files Are Needed To Unroot Your Phone
    SM_G930_FLAT_OREO.7z
    SM_G930_FLAT_NOUGAT.7z

Instructions
    1. Download S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z and your model and version you want from above
    2. Unzip S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS.7z to S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
    3. Unzip the Model/Version file you downloaded and copy the files to the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and place them in the Odin folder
    4. Prepare your phone for a data wipe
    5. Reboot your phone to download mode and flash the AP_ROOT_G93*.tar in the Odin AP slot and reboot your phone to recovery
    6. Once phone is in recovery run the Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
    7. Now in the cmd window make sure your device is connected and choose Option (1) Launch TWRP
    8. Your phone should launch TWRP leave phone plugged in and command window open on computer
    9. Now In Twrp choose wipe and choose format data. Type yes in the box when it ask
    10. Now in cmd window choose Option(8) Push Root.zip to Phone
    11. Now in TWRP choose install and select the Root.zip
    12. After zip is installed reboot and go through setup.
    13. Once through setup make sure you are rooted

To Unroot Your Phone
    1. In the Root Control app choose phone settings and unroot phone make sure phone is connected to computer
    2. Now depending on the type of root you choose your phone will reboot to download if you chose system root or stock recovery if you chose systemless root. If your phone reboots to download mode skip to number 5
    3. If your phone reboots to recovery once your phone is in recovery run the Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder
    4. In cmd window choose Option(3) Unroot phone will reboot too download mode
    5. In Odin BL slot choose the BL_G93*_DELETE_CACHE.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery and say processing update then get an error and strart rebooting recovery
    6. Let recovery bootloop at least once thin force phone back to download mode
    7. In Odin AP slot flash BL_ENTER_ENG_RECOVERY_G93*.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery with a bunch of red cache errors
    8. In recovery choose wipe cache then reboot back to bootloader from recovery
    9. In Odin BL slot choose BL_OREO_STOCK_G93*.tar for Oreo or BL_RESET_DM_VERITY_G93*.tar for Nougat and flash
    10. This is important as soon as odin is done flashing and phone powers off immediately hold buttons to force phone to recovery
    11. When phone reboots to recovery you will get no command error then when phone shows recovery options in black box at very botton it should say Successfully verified. If it says unsuccessful or failed then start at number 5 again. If successful and on oreo you are done.
    12. If on Nougat and successful from recovery reboot to bootloader in Odin BL slot flash BL_NOUGAT_STOCK_G93*.tar

To Reroot Your Phone
    1. Reboot to download in Odin AP slot flash AP_ROOT_G93***.tar
    2. Phone will reboot then will reboot one more time and you will be rerooted

To Enter TWRP When Rooted
    Remember with Nougat TWRP cannot mount data because of encryption so some zips wont work
    1. Manually reboot phone to recovery launch Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and choose Option(1) Launch TWRP
    2. To Exit TWRP simply choose reboot

To Enter TWRP When Unrooted
    Remember with Nougat TWRP cannot mount data because of encryption so some zips wont work
    1. Put phone in download mode In Odin AP slot flash AP_ROOT_G93***.tar force phone to reboot to recovery. If you let phone boot it will reroot and you will have to run the unroot from the root control app.
    2. In recovery launch Setup.exe in the S7_S7E_ROOT_UNROOT_ADB_TOOLS folder and choose Option(1) Launch TWRP.
    3. Do whatever you need too do
    4. To exit Twrp choose reboot to Download
    5. In Odin BL slot choose the BL_G93*_DELETE_CACHE.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery and say processing update then get an error and strart rebooting recovery
    6. Let recovery bootloop at least once thin force phone back to download mode
    7. In Odin AP slot flash BL_ENTER_ENG_RECOVERY_G93*.tar and flash phone will reboot to recovery with a bunch of red cache errors
    8. In recovery choose wipe cache then reboot back to bootloader from recovery
    9. In Odin BL slot choose BL_OREO_STOCK_G93*.tar for Oreo or BL_RESET_DM_VERITY_G93*.tar for Nougat and flash
    10. This is important as soon as odin is done flashing and phone powers off immediately hold buttons to force phone to recovery
    11. When phone reboots to recovery you will get no command error then when phone shows recovery options in black box at very botton it should say Successfully verified. If it says unsuccessful or failed then start at number 5 again. If successful and on oreo you are done.
    12. If on Nougat and successful from recovery reboot to bootloader in Odin BL slot flash BL_NOUGAT_STOCK_G93*.tar
    Beware If you update to new V8 bootloader then rooting and everything will not work. You will be stuck on stock possibly for good
    Beware If you update to new V8 bootloader then rooting and everything will not work. You will be stuck on stock possibly for good

I had to look this up so thought I'd share :) This is for Tmobile Versions
    Example: G930TUVS8CRJ1 (5th # from right is 8, BL version - this is found in Settings>About Phone>Software Information>Baseband Version)

Which Oreo versions are safe (ver 4):
    G930TUVU4CRI2 Oct 1, 2018
    G930TUVU4CRF1 June 28, 2018

Not safe (ver 8):
    G930TUVS8CRJ1 Oct 26, 2018 release date

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

BTW nice work as always Jr! Oh, & almost forgot ...your last comment saved my @zz!!! I wasn't aware of the ver 8 issue, and the fact that u can't downgrade!! DAMN Samsung!!!!! I was seriously about to try this latest update just to try & figure out RCS not working on CRF1 & randomly came across this! THANKS! (BTW if you know anything about RCS on s7 or services/apks needed for functionality on CRF1 please pm me!)

On another note, let's have a contest to see who can hold on to the S7 the longest as their primary phone ;)
    It works perfectly :), I had no problem installing it. But I have a question:
    Could I replace the SuperSu with the Magisk?
    I am also in the Rom Project L S7 of Lanc-City: 3

No magisk requires custom boot.img

can we do full backup after setting up the phone and then restore it without any bugs and issues?

Do a system.img backup

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone