EB13 Releases from Samsung Website (download)

Search This thread

shaggy24

Mar 4, 2009
Using mac to upgrade epic from DK18 to new Froyo

I am getting a status 2 error. Since I am on a Mac I cant use Odin... So what should I do?

shaggy24

Mar 4, 2009
Typo

I hae DK28...not 18...sorry for he typo. Again, I keep getting installation error status 2. Using a mac.

djgabor

Feb 24, 2011
So my phone was stock, rooted (one-click) and I ran a titanium backup before I installed the 200M udpdate from the Samsung website. The install went smooth, no issues, and when the phone rebooted - it was wiped. It looked as if I had just taken it out of the box with Froyo installed. So I used the one-click again to root it, and then I did a app+data restore from Titanium. Everything came back. The phone seems to working fine, but it seems sluggish. For instance, if the phone is unlocked and I randomly open or close the keyboard slider, then all the icons vanish for about 7 seconds.. its really annoying. Any ideas ?

nemt

Dec 8, 2010
backing up contacts to the SD card and importing them after the upgrade/wipe will import the linked twitter/fb/gmail/etc accounts as well, right, not just the phone contacts?

tamani29

Oct 28, 2010
I did this exact thing last night. DK28 stock to EB13 stock, on windows 7 x64. Used the exe file from samsung and followed the software's instructions. The install seems to have been a success.

Proceeded to root using the clockwork mod and although it took me a few tries to get the computer to get a lock after enabling usb debugging, it rooted and everything seems great.

Does anyone else have a weird bug where no sound/ringtone is assigned for notifications and voice calls, so you have this endless loop of some awesome jam (not sure which tone it is)? I had my phone on vibrate so I didn't notice until tonight (flashed yesterday)...
I have an issue where it won't ring any tone at all, and it will not vibrate for calls unless I have Bluetooth on. It does however ring and vibrate for every other notification. I want to wipe clean and start over but I don't know how to back up my apps.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Just had a massive moment like evdo lock up and phone crash. Was in 4g and getting spotty connectivity in this area. Disabled it and had zero evdo data as the 3g arrows still animated. No data after waiting a minute. Deactivate data network mode, reactivated it, still nothing. Tried the airplane mode trick, when I disabled airplane mode the phone went to hell. Browser locked up during startup showing a black screen then the entire phone vibrated a few times and completely locked up.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

abduljaffar

Feb 21, 2011
So people that used the 200mb file are reporting that the camera is not blurry when recording? Please respond if u did this method and have a great working camera.

everyones camera is blurry. The members who state that the camera is not blurry, have not recorded in very or just low light. I used the 200mb tool like 20 times trying to miss match files to get the cam to work perfect like eclair or dk28.

In_da_buff

Feb 18, 2011
Boulder
finally got around to the manual install,
lucky number 12 -- that Samsung tool blows.

so far:

- low light video camera blur - known.
- checker boarding when expanding browser - also known.

yeah?

RSPC

Feb 18, 2011
Florida
Wow I'm allowed to post here. Just a few more to go.
icon12.gif

Yes there is a fix for the Cam and Video lag problem and it works Great!.
icon14.gif

Anyone know if the geo tagging toggle can be brought back?
icon5.gif

RSPC

Feb 18, 2011
Florida
If anybody is interested I flashed "Genocide_0.3a_EB13_OC-UV_Kernel"
from recovery cwm3 and still on midNIGHT ROM v3.2 (standard)
I didn't loose anything and the phone is even faster yet!
Thanks guys For doing such a Great Job!!

Top Liked Posts