• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ebook reader] Tolino Shine 2 HD: Unroot / factory state?

Search This thread

zoocha

Jan 1, 2018
Hello,

I have a Tolino Shine 2 HD (Firmware: 1.9.4) and rooted it. At first it looked like I succeeded but after rooting Wifi didn't work anymore and battery dies quickly. That's why I want to unroot it or better hard reset it.

I tried accessing recovery mode but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I soft resetted my device but it didn't do anything except losing root apps.

Hope someone can help me despite having a lesser known ebook reader. It's from Germany.

Thanks in advance.

borba0

Feb 9, 2008
Hello,

I have a Tolino Shine 2 HD (Firmware: 1.9.4) and rooted it. At first it looked like I succeeded but after rooting Wifi didn't work anymore and battery dies quickly. That's why I want to unroot it or better hard reset it.

I tried accessing recovery mode but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I soft resetted my device but it didn't do anything except losing root apps.

Hope someone can help me despite having a lesser known ebook reader. It's from Germany.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
1. The easiest way is to write a letter to the company, which is the producer. You should get an e-mail with the procedure. Of course, if You bought Your tolino in the shop and You can proof its legality of origin. Then it is necessary to send the device to them and they should to repair it.
But there are some situations when described way is not so easy (for example, device from second hand).
In this situation:
1. Check, if Your device is seen in the system on Your computer
2. If yes, You should download update.zip from tolino site, then copy file update.zip to the tolino and reset the device.
3. After that tolino should starts downgrading.
In my situation I cannot to check, how it works, because my tolino shine hd 2 got some problems and on firmware 12.2.0 it was not possible to root it.
Maybe You can write to me, how it was possible with Your device?

with regards
borba0 (Poland)