Question ECG in Samsung Health app?

Search This thread

73sydney

Account currently disabled
I am using the correct apps!

Its just I thought ECG data would show up in the Samsung Health app (it shows in the monitor one).

ECG is a graph, if you think about it logically, theres no way to present that in the concise gui that Samsung health uses...Samsung Health is more of a concise overview of easily digested metrics, where as ECG is a linear graph, the two are not really compatible

Also figure in Samsung Health Monitors main purpose is to export that graph as a PDF, so its ideally not even meant to be viewed on the device at all...

waltmahla

Jan 4, 2022
I was able to install Phone.WearOS.SHM.MOD.1.1.1.171.dante63.apk on my phone and Watch4.SHM.MOD.1.1.0.185.dante63.apk on my watch using the procedures documented. I could not get these two apps to communicate. The phone app looked for the watch, but couldn't find it and eventually timed out. Has Samsung made further changes to their software to keep this from working or is there something else going on? Any insights would be most appreciated. Thanks.

SignedAdam

Aug 1, 2012
www.SignedAdam.webs.com
I was able to install Phone.WearOS.SHM.MOD.1.1.1.171.dante63.apk on my phone and Watch4.SHM.MOD.1.1.0.185.dante63.apk on my watch using the procedures documented. I could not get these two apps to communicate. The phone app looked for the watch, but couldn't find it and eventually timed out. Has Samsung made further changes to their software to keep this from working or is there something else going on? Any insights would be most appreciated. Thanks.
1st of all you'll need to download the file "FeatureManagerOn" from the XDA Google drive downloads link found here admittedly while @Dante63 is good at unlocking these apps I don't think much to the layout of his/her guides. Look for "~~~ FILES and Description ~~~" download link will be under that, it's important to have this file sitting as such (root of Android phone) /DOWNLOAD/SAMSUNGHEALTH/FeatureManagerOn before following (opening the Samsung health app)

Open the latest version of Samsung health app, mines (6.21.2.007) just in case they lock it down even more... so if you'res is newer by the time you see this and the instructions I'm giving don't work, they probably locked it down more, press the "3 dots" found at the top right hand side, press "settings" scroll all the way down till you see about samsung health, press the version number several times till the option "set features" shows up, don't mistake this for "developer mode"

Once inside set features change health analysis to dev, and set data platform to enable developer mode

While I am supplying help here I am in no way saying I've done this to my watch 4, however I'm very happy that non Samsung smart phones are able to get the same level of data. Shame on Samsung for locking this up, joke is they are running the watch and their phones off of a open source operating system they are not apple and they should be opening this up to everyone, the code the lot. as they agreed to use a open source operating system and are profiting from it so should be giving back to the community, that they rely on, I'm disgusted with this company's behaviour and mistreating of code which by nature isn't theirs and shouldn't be locked down, all Android phones can run this there's no hardware reason... They are not apple they didn't build wear os or android.

So thank you @Dante63 I know it seems like I'm criticising you're work but I'm not, it's just that this shouldn't be a requirement for this to all work with standard non Samsung phones and the whole situation has annoyed me please write down how to do the steps in you're guide I literally didn't watch the video till after 9 attempts 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Dante63
1st of all you'll need to download the file "FeatureManagerOn" from the XDA Google drive downloads link found here admittedly while @Dante63 is good at unlocking these apps I don't think much to the layout of his/her guides. Look for "~~~ FILES and Description ~~~" download link will be under that, it's important to have this file sitting as such root of Android /DOWNLOAD/SAMSUNGHEALTH/FeatureManagerOn before following opening the Samsung health app

Open the latest version of Samsung health, press the "3 dots" found at the top right hand side, press "settings" scroll all the way down till you see about samsung health, press the version number several times till the option "set features" shows up, don't mistake this for "developer mode"

Once inside set features change health analysis to dev, and set data platform to enable developer mode

While I am supplying help here I am in no way saying I've done this to my watch 4, however I'm very happy that non Samsung smart phones are able to get the same level of data. Shame on Samsung for locking this up, joke is they are running the watch and their phones off of a open source operating system they are not apple and they should be opening this up to everyone, the code the lot. as they agreed to use a open source operating system and are profiting from it so should be giving back to the community, that they rely on, I'm disgusted with this company's behaviour and mistreating of code which by nature isn't theirs and shouldn't be locked down, all Android phones can run this there's no hardware reason... They are not apple they didn't build wear os or android.

So thank you @Dante63 I know it seems like I'm criticising you're work but I'm not, it's just that this shouldn't be a requirement for this to all work with standard non Samsung phones and the whole situation has annoyed me please write down how to do the steps in you're guide I literally didn't watch the video till after 9 attempts 😉
Non taken, there is a written guide in Google drive, you can see a READ ME file, and on the thread (but briefly due to XDA characters limit)...

I made this for those who don't want to watch the video...

I'm always open for feedbacks and suggestions to improve guide and video

SignedAdam

Aug 1, 2012
www.SignedAdam.webs.com
Non taken, there is a written guide in Google drive, you can see a READ ME file, and on the thread (but briefly due to XDA characters limit)...

I didn't expect a reply, you're a legend for getting this working please keep updating/unlocking the APK files for Samsung health monitor, till Samsung see sense at least 👍🏻

Another app that needs unlocking is the Samsung galaxy wearos app found here, and there's another variant of the health app found here, give them no where to hide unlock everything I say 👍🏻 including all the stuff off their galaxy store... Which is locked to Samsung phone it's outrageous!

Thanks again @Dante63

Reactions: galaxys and Dante63
I didn't expect a reply, you're a legend for getting this working please keep updating/unlocking the APK files for Samsung health monitor, till Samsung see sense at least 👍🏻

Another app that needs unlocking is the Samsung galaxy wearos app found here, and there's another variant of the health app found here, give them no where to hide unlock everything I say 👍🏻 including all the stuff off their galaxy store... Which is locked to Samsung phone it's outrageous!

Thanks again @Dante63
Unfortunately, core applications cannot be modded without breaking cloud services...

Hodag

Dec 1, 2008
Hi all, got the phone and watch mods installed and now have both blood pressure and ECG. The blood pressure syncs to the Health Monitor app but not the ECG. The ECG tab says it can't connect to my watch while the blood pressure tab does. Any clue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using the correct apps!

Its just I thought ECG data would show up in the Samsung Health app (it shows in the monitor one).
    ECG never syncs to Samsung Health, it never did since the beginning and I don't think it will sync in the future

Thanks again @Dante63
    Unfortunately, core applications cannot be modded without breaking cloud services...
    1st of all you'll need to download the file "FeatureManagerOn" from the XDA Google drive downloads link found here admittedly while @Dante63 is good at unlocking these apps I don't think much to the layout of his/her guides. Look for "~~~ FILES and Description ~~~" download link will be under that, it's important to have this file sitting as such root of Android /DOWNLOAD/SAMSUNGHEALTH/FeatureManagerOn before following opening the Samsung health app

Open the latest version of Samsung health, press the "3 dots" found at the top right hand side, press "settings" scroll all the way down till you see about samsung health, press the version number several times till the option "set features" shows up, don't mistake this for "developer mode"

Thanks again @Dante63
    I have that app, is that the only place to see the data?
    Yup