Gray appears green

Attachments

• IMG_20200805_104701361_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20200805_104701361_HDR.jpg
      243.7 KB · Views: 503

MixEvo

Jan 6, 2017
    Chicago
    i opened my new edge today after purchasing yesterday,and it had green screen issue too .. called moto and was told they had numerous calls about it..this sucks cause this seemed like a decent phone especially for $200 off

zoomer296

Apr 18, 2015
    i opened my new edge today after purchasing yesterday,and it had green screen issue too .. called moto and was told they had numerous calls about it..this sucks cause this seemed like a decent phone especially for $200 off

Same here, but the green faded back out.

Last edited:

zoomer296

Apr 18, 2015
    Mine was mainly on the sides left side was real bad. Well I returned it,so sorry Motorola nice hardware that suffers with that 1st year bugs

Right side for me. Still, just because it's faded doesn't mean it's over. I wanted to unlock the bootloader, but I can't go voiding the warrantee when I may end up needing it.

I'll probably return it and wait for the US release of the G 5G equivalent.

If all it needed was a break-in, that should've been done at the factory.

zrex

Dec 24, 2009
    Orem, UT
    Right side for me. Still, just because it's faded doesn't mean it's over. I wanted to unlock the bootloader, but I can't go voiding the warrantee when I may end up needing it.

I'll probably return it and wait for the US release of the G 5G equivalent.

If all it needed was a break-in, that should've been done at the factory.

I am in the same situation. I see the green tint, but it isn't as bad as when I first turned it on.

SurferNerd6987

Aug 15, 2007
    Tennessee
    I posted a new thread over in the Q&A with a poll about it. The moto support forums are starting to buzz with folks complaining, and the best buy reviews are starting to roll in with photos. Moto may have a slightly big problem on their hand.

SoByX

Sep 29, 2010
    Mine did the same after just 1 week, i send it to the service and they said they ordered the hardware for replacement, couldnt return the phone and get my money back:(

khan1989

Aug 19, 2011
    London
    UK model (single sim) MOTP-EDGBLK - same issue.
    Only apparent when the brightness is below 50%.

Attachments

• IMG-20200903-WA0021.jpg
      IMG-20200903-WA0021.jpg
      83.9 KB · Views: 137
    Last edited:

khan1989

Aug 19, 2011
    London
    I returned mine back to Amazon and bought another - after 3 days, same issue.

Gave up, got a refund and bought a Pixel 5.
    Such a shame, I really liked the Moto Edge design, size and battery life. Unfortunately it seems that Motorola can't make phones, had a screen related issue on my Moto X Force a few years back too, seems like Motorola have not improved at all.

Last edited:

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    I returned mine back to Amazon and bought another - after 3 days, same issue.

Gave up, got a refund and bought a Pixel 5.
    Such a shame, I really liked the Moto Edge design, size and battery life. Unfortunately it seems that Motorola can't make phones, had a screen related issue on my Moto X Force a few years back too, seems like Motorola have not improved at all.
    I assume it's difficult to have good yields due to the waterfall design. There could be a relatively high failure for this type of design.

It's funny how my 2nd Edge is exhibiting the same green tint. I was so sure I could put this behind me.

khan1989

Aug 19, 2011
    London
    I assume it's difficult to have good yields due to the waterfall design. There could be a relatively high failure for this type of design.

It's funny how my 2nd Edge is exhibiting the same green tint. I was so sure I could put this behind me.

The waterfall design isn't new though. Other OEMs have made similar style displays (Samsung, OPPO etc) and none then have such a high failure rate like this.

Ace42

• Jul 20, 2009
    New York
    Moto G Power
    Motorola Edge
    I changed the theme to white in all apps, it's weird because the only color that appears green is grey
    Green tint seems to come before purple streaks and double images, no? Look at reviews on best buy, green tint is the least of your worries.

Also you could use swift installer to make certain apps black. I only noticed the green tint cause I happened to have another phone next to the edge.

Last edited:

bronkish

3 days in from bestbuy retail stock, box has a 20 october 2020 date on it. No screen issues. Of course, when I have the light theme enabled there are often situations where I can see a slight greenish/grey hue to the edge as it begins to curve. That's just optics and not at all as some of the pics I have seen. Sweet ride so far.

reggjoo

Jul 12, 2011
    Pgh
    Motorola Edge
    As of December 8th, no more purple blotches, which has shadows of the notification bar, and cutout. Hasn't happened in about 2 weeks. I did notice, with the latest build(October), that the battery drains a touch faster. Still don't know if it's curing of screen materials, or update.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone