General EDL Flash Tool Leak

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
The tool that China's remote customer service helped me log in. I entered Qualcomm's crash mode before. The customer service did not log out after helping me to log in. I found that I could use it myself
I wonder if there's a Windows equivalent of an app back up where the app can be backed up and reinstalled to another device..

May work?

Reactions: linjinxuan

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Hello all, i am here to leak OPPO tech tool that allows one plus 10 pro to be flashed. Sadly i cannot share login but if you are able to bypass login screen the tool does not need to authenticate with server to flash device in EDL mode. Attached is screen shot of login screen and file. The tool picks up device in EDL mode and allows user to select the OPF file associated for device (please note you must have this downloaded externally ideally from msm tool for your device)

I wish you luck bypassing this login and fixing your phones.

View attachment 5713993

1665056392814.png

I was able to login!

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
This tool seems to be intended for use with mediatek devices.
I wouldn't bet on it working with this phone, but here's how to bypass the login screen anyway.

Open DownloadTool.exe with a hex editor
Find '74 4b 8d 45 d4'
Replace '74 4b' with '90 90'
Save, launch, enter any username/password/code and click login.
If you go to 'Software Package Management', you can specify a folder where your .ofp is located.
1665056528463.png

I edited it with Hex editor and I was able to login into it

1665056595880.png

Open DOWNLOAD TOOL BYPASS LOGIN.exe and login with any details.

Thanks for your skills.

Reactions: ps000000

Top Liked Posts

Maybe we should just give up, anyone that bought an OnePlus 10 Pro or 10T, and wants the freedom of a ROM scene.. OnePlus clearly doesn't want such a scene to exist as all of their steps (locking it down, and leaving devs in the dark.. no outreach that acknownledge how serious the situation they shaped is, etc) are indicative of that.

Imagine creating such heavy security/anti cracking technologies, that to this day no one managed to fully reverse, understand and crack, just to stop the ROM development scene or at least heavily obstruct it. In essence it really is a fully aware, conscious, attack against the scene. OnePlus hereby chooses to lose the loyality of advanced users, even though in earlier years they had won their trust by profiling their brand as 'developer friendly, with active outreach and OSS promotion'. I wonder what motivates such strategy.. they dont want a ROM scene, for what.. maybe there is some next level China spying/data collection **** going on, or the chinese government may require them to implement that in the future? If people wipe out all traces of OxygenOS and install ROMs like LineageOS, taking back control of their devices (then just a piece of hardware that runs whatever they wish) to the fullest possible extent, they would no longer have the ability to keep collecting user data for commercial and/or nefarious purposes. Maybe they are not happy with being less in power of deploying such schemes, hence the attack against the development scene, and so much efforts to high-tech lock it down. Really, a huge budget and high level security developers/researchers/pentesting teams must have been allocated to lock it down as they did.

My point is - OnePlus doesn't want us. How about we accept that, no longer want them, and leave. Sell our devices and pick a brand that's still development friendly and for which we can expect a newly released device to quickly be introduced within the ROM scene. I also don't want to be an user that's fully accustomed to all performance, privacy and usability benefits custom ROM's offered me in the past, now stuck with the pile of ** that is OxygenOS, for an indefinite amount of time. Using it hurts my feelings every day it takes more. It's also an insult to the powerful hardware of said device.

Give up, move on. I am looking for Google Pixel, or maybe "Nothing" turns out to be as developer friendly as it seems to be looking to appear.
    ENOPTP000224
    M4Sl_j=zp_
    I don't know how long it will expire
    Well, my device isn't under warranty anymore, plus it's bootloader is unlocked, so even if I sent it to them, they won't fix it under warranty
    AFAIK having an unlocked bootloader has never been a problem with OnePlus assistance. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their policy about this considering what they did with the MSM Tool.
    100% does not matter dude, your device is still under warranty.
    Thank you, Maybe I'll try contact them if they could flash my device online, but sending my device to them isn't a good choice, I'd rather sending my phone to closer unauthorized repair shop than sending it to oppo/realme shop that is 100KM away.

Also it seems that this thread has reached a dead point, I've read the first 10 pages and I reach nothing(I wish I was there when that MSM account was available), I hope that flashing bricked phone would be easier in the future, as there is no vaild reason making it that hard, it's so stupid that Qualcomm did include EDL mode in their processors and didn't provide a Universal EDL tool for us.
    We help each other, as we are in similar situation, and not all realme/oppo/OnePlus devices have active community, unfortunately in XDA you cannot publish thread that maybe matter to other devices owners
    Hey I am not a monster :) I don't mind mentioning problems/solutions that are common for both devices here. Nothing wrong about that. However, giving detailed instructions how to fix device b, or complaining over device b while being in thread/section dedicated for device a is slightly too much if you ask me. Such discussions belong to device dedicated forum (or in general section). Otherwise users can get misleading information.0
    its december and yet still no MSM tools to work around. my phone been dead for 5 month.
    Hello all, i am here to leak OPPO tech tool that allows one plus 10 pro to be flashed. Sadly i cannot share login but if you are able to bypass login screen the tool does not need to authenticate with server to flash device in EDL mode. Attached is screen shot of login screen and file. The tool picks up device in EDL mode and allows user to select the OPF file associated for device (please note you must have this downloaded externally ideally from msm tool for your device)

I wish you luck bypassing this login and fixing your phones.

flash.png
    This tool seems to be intended for use with mediatek devices.
    I wouldn't bet on it working with this phone, but here's how to bypass the login screen anyway.

Open DownloadTool.exe with a hex editor
    Find '74 4b 8d 45 d4'
    Replace '74 4b' with '90 90'
    Save, launch, enter any username/password/code and click login.
    If you go to 'Software Package Management', you can specify a folder where your .ofp is located.
    I have a bricked OnePlus 10 Pro which I can put into EDL mode via testpoints. PM me.
    Screenshot_2022-09-27-01-30-39-519_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    I almost figured out what is sent to the server during flashing. The flash tool sends "chip ID", "account token", and "Epoch timestamp" to server API which is server-domain/API/sign/ to query a signature for firehose and encrypt the query parameters with a public key. This info can be found in MSM download tool 2.0.6.9.

If anyone want to see it yourself, simply get a debugger, such as, x64dbg with ScyllaHide plugin enabled, follow the assembly instructions to get to the OEP then dump PE from memory and fix import table to unpack it from VmProtect3.x. After unpacking the file, use a decompiler to run a PE static analysis, IDA Pro or Ghidra can both do it, search for "/API/sign/" from defined strings, from that you can locate the auth function for VIP signature. In that function, you can find a public key used to encrypt the queries, and also two variables, one is "account token", the other one is "Chip ID". Chip ID is unique for every device, which may be a issue.

I haven't done a full analysis with the tool, not being sure if there's a timestamp protection on it. But I still strongly suggest who is able to flash with auth remember to capture the signature for your device, so you might not need a auth in future because your Chip ID is always yours.
    I'm sorry for the late response. I was busy at work last week.
    Do you know who may have an example to go with? How long is the signature? There must be some form of checking within the msm tool to verify the signature is valid. Is it key based or algorithm based? If it's algorithm based, maybe we can use the validation function in the msm tool to figure out how it is checking and create valid signatures. Setting up a server locally to trick the device into thinking it's contacting OnePlus would be the easy part.

Has anyone found examples of these logged signatures or know more about their calculation? HW serial based, HW ID based, device MAC based, IMEI based (unlikely)?

Knowing what is sent to the server and what is received could also help. Does anyone have a full exchange of the https logs somewhere to go over?
    Yes, thanks to @hackslash, there's an example of the signature for ChipID: b73e685e(for the API authserver_domain/api/tools/sign)

Code:
    {"Data":{"response":{"encrypt":"ct5/f+RsW/3p2vhIp2EduoMJ8kfKk2iNbF+eTExuGsOicfvILFTKY/+qF0WxSEcREt3m7YSABbEwCRU4aWaJqoppx2du60hW6OhTYbaL+51JXr5byRQjqqhtwJ1VfFZ66U3EuZXidJVW6TjV1u09fgt5MT11zSwZzbpkrBg1UQruJi8wGrjtMnq0mbgno1H01QRnMY+GKN9UqZVrXGAdCRJm8T8Ysn5P1mnIOVwhuJZSkq6z7WH9RhyM1oJuURquvZEt/TP9vQda1/fNn0txtzu+ZWkuuou23zYulXhkmtDTp5D4LtdZ8VlAkakq8UowHv3tlW7lZMb52fY8QjF/zw==","message":"0000","status":"0","unlock":"","isAllowDegraded":false}},"ErrorCode":0,"Message":null}

If you use Ghidra to do a static analysis with unpacked downloadtool.exe(first use a debugger to unpack vmprotect3.x),locate the defined string data "/api/tools/sign", you'll find a public key hardcoded in the tool to encrypt the HTTPS query to the server. All the transmissions are encrypted, but I don't even want to think about decrypting them because there's a ChipID problem.

The signature can be fed to the tool, but it doesn't work for other devices. For example, here's the download tool log for the device with the correct ChipID:

Code:
    [COM51] Set Sahara file ok sahara file: prog_firehose_ddr.elf.
    [COM51] Attempting to send a Sahara message for communication
    [COM51] Downloading Firehose protocol file via Sahara protocol
    [COM51] Sahara communication succeeded
    [COM51] filename=ChainedTableOfDigests_20847_persist_no_userdata_yes
    [COM51] Trying to handshake via Firehose communication
    [COM51] Configure the settings of Firehose communication data transmission
    [COM51] Get sign data
    [COM51] ID:b73e685e, B:enable
    [COM51] old_sw_name_sign:261fe06798cff432e5512eaa5339f797f2f213eaa739ddeea7f0985a048fe9e3, new_sw_name_sign:261fe06798cff432e5512eaa5339f797f2f213eaa739ddeea7f0985a048fe9e3
    [COM51] Verify Data
    [COM51] Verify pass
    [COM51] Upload download result. chip id: b73e685e, result: -1, project: 20847
    [COM51] Upload download result failed.
    [COM51] Check the models and software
    [COM51] Start erase
    [COM51] Erasing the partition BackupGPT
    [COM51] Erasing the partition PrimaryGPT/LUN1
    [COM51] Erasing the partition PrimaryGPT/LUN5
    [COM51] Erasing the partition PrimaryGPT/LUN4
    [COM51] Erasing the partition PrimaryGPT/LUN2
    [COM51] Erasing the partition PrimaryGPT/LUN0
    [COM51] Erasing the partition userdata
    [COM51] Download OCDT
    [COM51] brand is oplus, cdtdownloadstatus is 0, ufs = 1
    [COM51] Downloading ddr, zeros_5sectors.bin...

And here's the download tool log for the device with the mismatch ChipID(using the obtained signature to feed another device) :

Code:
    [COM51] Set Sahara file ok sahara file: prog_firehose_ddr.elf.
    [COM51] Attempting to send a Sahara message for communication
    [COM51] Downloading Firehose protocol file via Sahara protocol
    [COM51] Sahara communication succeeded
    [COM51] filename=ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_no_userdata_yes
    [COM51] Trying to handshake via Firehose communication
    [COM51] Configure the settings of Firehose communication data transmission
    [COM51] Get sign data
    [COM51] ID:b73e685e, B:enable
    [COM51] old_sw_name_sign:261fe06798cff432e5512eaa5339f797f2f213eaa739ddeea7f0985a048fe9e3, new_sw_name_sign:9d975a304cf3d7d1f9f7ed402297996d7c457aea71fd0a5c2dc6278b68cde27c
    [COM51] Verify Data
    [COM51] FirehoseCheckRSP is ERROR, hr=1
    [COM51] Rsp:
     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <data>
    <log value="ERROR: verify failed." /></data><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <data>
    <response value="NAK" rawmode="false" /></data>
    [COM51] Verify pass
    [COM51] Current download task end,elapsed time:7s.
    [COM51] Upload download result. chip id: b73e685e, result: 1, project: 20846
    [COM51] Upload download result failed.
    [COM51] Close the serial device
    [COM51] Download failed
    [COM51] Determine whether to upload the download info
    [COM51] compress file, retry time is 4
    [COM51] compress file success
    [COM51] start to upload
    [COM51] upload success
    [COM51] Stop timer
    End log...

As you can see, the device only accepts signed packets, and the signature is somehow related to ChipID. Anyone can simply use the hex-patched tool to try flashing your device, you'll see your ChipID in the log generated by the download tool.

At this point, I think the only solution is that the user has to at least pay to flash their device once to capture the signature for their device. And here's the hardest point, a lot of sellers check for packet capture software during the session. Yes, this can be bypassed via a rootkit(If you don't know how to program a simple hooking rootkit with Microsoft Detours, you can simply find some rootkit source code from hackforums or buy some rootkit source code from the dark web hacker sellers, then modify the code and compile it yourself) I believe that most users will fail to capture their device signature for EDL after being detected by the remote tech due to the lack for specific knowledge. By the way, can the captured signature with the same ChipId be reused on the same device? Please be aware, this is still unconfirmed! But I think it is highly possible that it can work for the same device every time.

But after seeing that @OppoTech123 is willing to help the community, I think maybe there's a chance that @OppoTech123 can help some developers to capture their device signature to boost the custom ROM development. But be aware that during the capture, the temporarily assigned token after logging in can also be captured, however, these tokens quickly expired in a short time. It doesn't expire for login but expires for querying signatures, not sure if it's related to OTP or if the account holder can log out from another place, be sure to protect your credits if querying a signature charge the tech some credits.

Is there a way to alter the ID on the device? Even if it's temporary?
    I don't think so. Maybe there's an internal Qualcomm development tool that can do that, but I definitely don't have it.