• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question EDL mode (9008 mode) Please Help To Fix

Search This thread
My phone (Rog phone 5) turned off and didn’t turn on!!
After connecting to PC, it enters to EDL Mode and doesn’t exit from it!!
Help me that how can exit it from EDL Mode and use my phone again!?

What were you doing when it started? Did you unlock the bootloader? Was it rooted? Did you flash something?

Reactions: Jamshid66
It went to this state when the mobile phone was finished charging

It's a completely stock phone? You've never unlocked the bootloader or tried to flash anything?

If that's the case, you'd be far better off contacting Asus about it. It is well within the year warranty and you may require a special cable to flash it correctly yourself. It sounds like it may be defective, so even recovering it could only be temporary.

It's a completely stock phone? You've never unlocked the bootloader or tried to flash anything?

If that's the case, you'd be far better off contacting Asus about it. It is well within the year warranty and you may require a special cable to flash it correctly yourself. It sounds like it may be defective, so even recovering it could only be temporary.

I talked to the support department but did not answer
Is there a way I can do it?
I feel my bootloader is broken

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 54
It says they are updating the page. You probably won't hear back over the weekend and they take a couple days to reply normally. It is the safest way to restore the phone, though.

Making cables and using software that doesn't come directly from Asus for restoring from a brick is risky. It's a last resort when they say they won't help.

It says they are updating the page. You probably won't hear back over the weekend and they take a couple days to reply normally. It is the safest way to restore the phone, though.

Making cables and using software that doesn't come directly from Asus for restoring from a brick is risky. It's a last resort when they say they won't help.
If I want to do it myself, what do you suggest because I got the phone from another country, I do not think the warranty is included

If I want to do it myself, what do you suggest because I got the phone from another country, I do not think the warranty is included

I suggest looking at how they did it on the ROG Phone 3 and then seeing what, if any, of that has a matching ROG Phone 5 version. This phone is only a couple months old, so there isn't a whole lot of public research yet.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I speak with a warranty, unfortunately my request was rejected

If the device is under warranty and this happened without you altering anything I don't understand how they can reject it

If the device is only stuck in EDL mode but no hardware damage and has a working bootloader you can try (entirely at own risk):

1 - Make (or buy) a deep flash cable and see if you can snap it out of EDL mode by activating it a few times while the device is connected. (Chances are slim but it does work sometimes).

2 - Disconnect and re-connect the battery pack from the mainboard. The battery connector of ROG 5 is located on the right side between the north battery and the mainboard when looked from the back. You need to remove the top part of the motherboard for access to it. It's not a huge operation but requires some basic tools and some phone adhesive for closing the backcase again. Some cooling paste is also useful to repaste the heat conducting parts before closing it again (optional).

However, if the device doesn't have a working boot and/or it's really damaged then all above is useless.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys
    Please help me to solve my problem. I tried several methods but unfortunately it was not solved. Does anyone have a suitable solution?
    My Phone Rog phone 5 ww ver bootloader Locked

What is the specific problem you are trying to fix?
    My phone (Rog phone 5) turned off and didn’t turn on!!
    After connecting to PC, it enters to EDL Mode and doesn’t exit from it!!
    Help me that how can exit it from EDL Mode and use my phone again!?

What were you doing when it started? Did you unlock the bootloader? Was it rooted? Did you flash something?
    It went to this state when the mobile phone was finished charging

I talked to the support department but did not answer
    Is there a way I can do it?
    I feel my bootloader is broken

Probably need a deep flash cable, I believe it's called