edl mode, can't get out of it

Search This thread

robrodrigues

Jul 20, 2010
PORTO
Hello all,
I own a mi5 for several years, it's the pro version of 64gb.
I've been using since the beginning the xiaomi.eu beta version and very happy with it.
Now in last xmas I bought a mi8 128GB from a person at a very node price, so I decided last month to clean my mi5 and installed the pixel experience.
Just for the record I missed so much the miui features, but gain battery and the android 10 news....

Now the problem, the mi5, Las Thursday, went off, and didn't boot, when plugged the cable to charge, no signal.
Connected to the pc, and verified it entered in edl mode.
So I grab the mi flash and the last rom for it, the v10.... and it flashed successfully but it doesn't boot, don't get out of edl.
Now going to try the pinpoint to see if it works, but is there any other thing to? Or my mi5 is now an official brick.

robrodrigues

Jul 20, 2010
PORTO
Hello all,
I own a mi5 for several years, it's the pro version of 64gb.
I've been using since the beginning the xiaomi.eu beta version and very happy with it.
Now in last xmas I bought a mi8 128GB from a person at a very node price, so I decided last month to clean my mi5 and installed the pixel experience.
Just for the record I missed so much the miui features, but gain battery and the android 10 news....

Now the problem, the mi5, Las Thursday, went off, and didn't boot, when plugged the cable to charge, no signal.
Connected to the pc, and verified it entered in edl mode.
So I grab the mi flash and the last rom for it, the v10.... and it flashed successfully but it doesn't boot, don't get out of edl.
Now going to try the pinpoint to see if it works, but is there any other thing to? Or my mi5 is now an official brick.
Well what cai I say I did all the things above last Friday, and let it off, till this morning.
After I put this post I went and put it to charge and saw the red light and miui logo, and I thought is it alive, pressed the power button and it bottled, takes ages, because it encrypted the storage and so on but it is working with latest global official 10.2.2 now going to install latest from xiaomi.eu.