EDL Mode HD1925

Search This thread
Apr 8, 2021
So, I'm trying to use the MSM Tool trick to oem unlock my phone from another thread, and I can't seem to keep my phone in EDL Mode. I have the Qualcomm drivers properly installed--when I get it to go into EDL mode, my device manager properly recognizes it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008," but it only seems to want to stay in EDL mode for a few seconds, then it boots back up. I've tried doing this through adb and by holding volume + and - and plugging in the cord--both methods, same result. Anyone have any suggestions? I greatly appreciate your feedback!

xgamers96

Oct 11, 2021
which Qualcomm drivers you installed ? because my phone is not connecting with MSM tools ....

liberator130

Dec 19, 2014
So, I'm trying to use the MSM Tool trick to oem unlock my phone from another thread, and I can't seem to keep my phone in EDL Mode. I have the Qualcomm drivers properly installed--when I get it to go into EDL mode, my device manager properly recognizes it as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008," but it only seems to want to stay in EDL mode for a few seconds, then it boots back up. I've tried doing this through adb and by holding volume + and - and plugging in the cord--both methods, same result. Anyone have any suggestions? I greatly appreciate your feedback!
I think it's supposed to only last for a few seconds. Pull up the MSM Tool and pay attention to the "Status of Connection" field for any of the COM lines in the MSM Tool. When you connect, it should say "Connected" for one of those lines. If that happens at all, then you're good to proceed. Make sure you have TMO selected in the drop-down, click "Enum" once you plug in your device, then click Start. Try to do this quickly. Let me know if this helps.

ZoldierZ21

I am having the same problem with my 7T Pro McLaren, the pc recognizes it but msm tool does not, someone has already found the way

Community Verified icon

I had the same issue. One easy fix is switching from a USB 3.0 port to USB 2.0 port. The other method that worked for me is a little more of a process.

1) Have MSM open
2) Connect phone to PC
3) Power phone off
4) Then, the moment it powers down, hold the vol +, -, & power button
5) Keep holding it. Your PC will make a sound notifying you that it's detected the phone, but you want to keep
holding the buttons until you hear it being detected for the second time.
6) Release buttons.

Hopefully that makes it stay in EDL mode for you.

liberator130

Dec 19, 2014
I wrote on this somewhere, but you can try having the program open and placed at the right settings, then move quickly once the phone is in EDL mode. Not ideal but worked for me. Once the process begins it won't exit out of EDL mode in my experience.

xixtech

Oct 5, 2022
hii, from most tutorial i have seen so far, the com number is show in the msm tool upon starting the program, most the two msm tools i have tried so far dont show com number... and its not detecting my phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    109 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    159.9 KB · Views: 26