EdXposed on SAMSUNG Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F)

Search This thread

klausstoertebeker

Aug 29, 2009
Dresden
Hello to the forum!
I'd like to run EdXposed on my SAMSUNG Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F) with Android 10, for example to use XPrivacyLua. The Installation of all necessary components was no problem, but EdXposed Manager doesn't recognize the installed framework.
Before any question arises why I didn't use the official versions of some Magisk components: The official Magisk 20.1 doesn't support the SE policy needs of the EdXposed framework yet when used with Android 10, the official EdXposed Magisk modules don't support Android 10 yet, and the EdXposed Manager 4.5.2 fixes some SE policy issues.
My configuration is as follows:
Hardware:
SAMSUNG Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F) with 512 GByte internal memory (EXYNOS)
512 GByte SD-card​
Firmware:
G975FXXU3BSKO (DBT; Android 10)​
Root and modifications:
Magisk 20.1 (version 20101, customized by solohsu due to SE policy issues)
Magisk Manager 7.4
SAMSUNG MultiDisabler 2.2 with Bluetooth fix
Riru - Core 19.5
Magisk EdXposed module 0.4.6 beta build 4471 (these version support Android 10; I tried both YAHFA and SandHook)
EdXposed Manager 4.5.2
Customized recovery:
NONE

This is what I did to install all components (developer mode enabled):

Installed Magisk Manager 7.4
Copied the firmware AP_G975FXXU3BSKO_CL17369399_QB27539832_REV01.tar to the phone via ADB
Patched the firmware via Magisk Manager 7.4 with the official Magisk 20.1
Copied the modified firmware back to the computer via ADB
Booted my SAMSUNG Galaxy S10+ into download mode
Flashed the modified firmware together with the corresponding BL-, CP- and HOME-CSC-files via ODIN 3.13
Booted into recovery mode
Did a wipe/factory reset
Booted into patched system
Installed "FK Kernel Manager" (for flashing purposes)
Flashed MultiDisabler 2.2 with Bluetooth fix
Changed update channel of Magisk to "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/solohsu/magisk_files/master/custom_builds/release.json"
Confirmed and installed an Magisk update (the above mentioned solohsu patched version 20101)
Rebooted my phone
Installed Riru - Core 19.5 via Magisk Manager download
Installed Magisk EdXposed module 0.4.6 beta build 4471-zip file via Magisk Manager module
Rebooted my phone
Installed EdXpoed Manager 4.5.2

I hoped that the framework was installed properly, but when I opened the EdXposed Manager, it told me that the "EdXposed Framework is not installed".
Is there someone who has/had the same problem and maybe solved it?

Regards from Germany

Edit:
After availibility of the new official Magisk 20.2 version I first updated my Magisk Manager to the new version 7.5 and then updated to Magisk 20.2 version after changing to the "stable" update channel. The rest of the necessary software I left untouched.
BUT I FAILED AGAIN!
What's goin' wrong here?

Last edited:

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
I couldn't get EdXposed manager to work either, so now I use EdXposed installer 2.2.4 instead and everything's tickety-boo

klausstoertebeker

Aug 29, 2009
Dresden
Hi beanbean50,
I tried EdXposed Manager 2.2.4 instead of EdXposed Manager 4.5.2, but the result is still the same :( The EdXposed framework is not recognized...
Can you please tell me which environment you use:
  • Are you on Android 10?
  • Did you install the official Magisk 20.1 release?
  • Did you install "Riru - Core" and "Riru - EdXposed" modules from the official Magisk repositories?
Regards from Germany
klausstoertebeker

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
sorry, I've just remembered what I did that was slightly different (I was in the same boat as you a couple of weeks ago)

I ended up flashing magisk-EdXposed-YAHFA-v0.4.5.5_beta-release which can be found here: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/pull/354

Edit:
everything else is the same as you, S10+ Android 10, Magisk 20.1 etc

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Hello everybody.

Here's a friendly reminder to keep things on topic. If you've got a query, try to find the correct forum and threads that are relevant to your question. If you can't find a relevant thread, post a new one to keep existing threads on topic and free of clutter (and make sure you're in the right forum when posting).

Please also make sure that you're familiar with the forum rules before posting anything.

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night.

Cheers
Didgeridoohan
Forum Moderator

klausstoertebeker

Aug 29, 2009
Dresden
I finally got EdXposed to work in my configuration and the solution was VERY simple:
Magisk started in core only mode which I didn't notice - but it is mentioned on the home screen of Magisk Manager. So the modules were not loaded...
After changing the setting in the preferences the modules load and EdXposed was shown as "activated" in EdXposed Manager.
So this problem belongs to the "lesen und verstehen!" ("read and understand!") category....

ettore88

Dec 14, 2010
Hi guys.Id like to install EdXposed on my S10 +Exynos(rooted by Magisk).I currently use last stock fw patch december.
Would it be possible to install it?
Could you please tell me the steps to install it?Tnx in advance