• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

EdXposed vs Lsposed

Search This thread

AllanonMage

Feb 6, 2008
Bumfukistan
I'm not clear on the differences between them, and it seems that there are even more alternatives.

Is one better than another?

I just got an Android 10 phone, was previously on 7 for a short time, but was otherwise still on 5 and 6.

Lord Sithek

I'm not clear on the differences between them, and it seems that there are even more alternatives.

Is one better than another?

I just got an Android 10 phone, was previously on 7 for a short time, but was otherwise still on 5 and 6.
The main difference is that in LSPosed you have to whitelist apps to be hooked instead of blacklist. The second one is that EdXposed seems to break SafetyNet in latest version. And it seems that it's not that actively developed as LSPosed

Arakawa.

Apr 22, 2017
Sony Xperia Z
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
They both have whitelist and on LSPosed it set in default. But only EdXposed have blacklist. I saw some comment like "have too much modules and too much apps to hook, how painful to check everything by manually".
Yes, Edxposed still break SafetyNet.
Yes, now Edxposed is not that actively update than LSPosed.

I personally tried both. Not that much difference. Yeah, because basically LSPosed just forked Edxposed and did a little improvement.

In the end I choose Edxposed rather than LSPosed. Because I can't trust one dev who made a prank about "rm -rf" and the rest dev have no objection to this and even help him to hide it. And those personal attack with filthy language of course.

They both have whitelist and on LSPosed it set in default. But only EdXposed have blacklist. I saw some comment like "have too much modules and too much apps to hook, how painful to check everything by manually".
Yes, Edxposed still break SafetyNet.
Yes, now Edxposed is not that actively update than LSPosed.

I personally tried both. Not that much difference. Yeah, because basically LSPosed just forked Edxposed and did a little improvement.

In the end I choose Edxposed rather than LSPosed. Because I can't trust one dev who made a prank about "rm -rf" and the rest dev have no objection to this and even help him to hide it. And those personal attack with filthy language of course.
The developer you mentioned has left the development group long ago

Aug 16, 2019
All I wanna know is which one passes safetytest. Installed edxposed for the first time in 2 years only to discover that safetytest is completely fubar'd. And all the tutorials I've found are old and seemingly obsolete.