EL30 to FC09 Flashable Modem Delta update.

Search This thread

ZiCk77MOD

Oct 13, 2010
FC09 3x my 3G speed notice that my signal stronger then EL30

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

rando991

Mar 5, 2011
Kansas City, MO
My wife's phone is still on EL30, but mine is on deodexed FC09 ROM and Modem, and side by side, my phone on wifi is faster (using FCC Speed Test) consistently than either 3G (we have the Airrave upstairs) or my wife's phone, and her's used to be consistently better (pre EL30) than mine. I think something in the modem was optimized since they put in Sprint Connections Optimizer software. I had stopped using wifi in my house because of the airrave signals, but now, even with only 2 bars of wifi, it is much snappier.

Ok PS: Now that my wife's phone has the update, her's is kicking MY @ss now. wifi in the same room separately tested, I get 5 she gets 8. It was reversed when we were both pre FC09 (I would get 3.5-4, she would get 5-6). Then i got FC09 and we reversed again, (my phone outperformed hers), now that we are both on FC09 she gets better performance than me again.

Last edited:

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
What sucks is the only way to clear modem corruption and 'junk' is to wipe nvram and have Sprint reflash your phone to your account and other stuff which I am not willing to do unless this continues.

Flashing a new ROM, modem or a nandroid restore won't fix this kind of issue?

How do you get modem corruption?

I'm on EL30 and I've installed ROMs but never installed different modems. Thinking about trying something different but EL30 hasn't been horrible (other than GPS issues) so I don't want to risk permanently making things worse by screwing around with modems.

leftkidney

Nov 21, 2010
I am still on EC05, can I just odin the latest modem (FC09 I think?) and be OK or do I have to go all the way through the updates in order, that seems stupid but you never know

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
Flashing a new ROM, modem or a nandroid restore won't fix this kind of issue?

How do you get modem corruption?

I'm on EL30 and I've installed ROMs but never installed different modems. Thinking about trying something different but EL30 hasn't been horrible (other than GPS issues) so I don't want to risk permanently making things worse by screwing around with modems.

Most roms don't contain a modem. Nandroids don't backup your modem... and I believe odining a different modem should fix it....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

leftkidney

Nov 21, 2010
I am only finding the cwm modems, as in this if I am reading it correct it says I need to use cwm to flash the modem and I have to do it in the correct order?

I have looked for a few and havent found a odin fc09 file

or this one thats a el30 to fc09 update but where is the odin file for fc09

also is there any problem with me being on 2.2 ec05 not and going to fc09 - like should I be at 2.3 not 2.2? - I plan on using CM9 so I assume I need fc09

EDIT:found it sorry

Last edited:

vegasmach1

Jul 29, 2007
Las Vegas
I'm in the same situation as leftkidney. IM on EI22 and would like to update the modem. I tried the above and it didn't work. Any help would BS appreciated.

colema19

Sep 29, 2008
I have been getting weak signal since moving to fc09 and cm9b3, so i am thinking about rolling the modem back to el30. Do i have to use odin to do this or is there a flashable zip i can use with cwm to replace it?
Thank you!

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I have been getting weak signal since moving to fc09 and cm9b3, so i am thinking about rolling the modem back to el30. Do i have to use odin to do this or is there a flashable zip i can use with cwm to replace it?
Thank you!

Odin only. Flashables only can flash deltas upwards.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts