Elegance u8 watch

Search This thread

bab1c

Feb 7, 2009
Marsac
OnePlus 8T
I've just received this smartwatch and i can say that is quite good for it's price (35€ on aliexpress)

BLuetooth connection seem good with my Huawei ascend P6 on kitkat

Notification works well (only information)
4 clocks faces

I've change the firmware with this one : M28_KHR.FN2.V002 (because it's support french language) before it was M28_KHR_CN1_V012 and everything working good.

Can someone send a link for the firmware to see if there are some updates ?

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
elegance, who claim they are the manufacturer, think the 150$ price is normal,
and that the sellers who list it for 50$ cant be trusted. somehow i don't trust elegance...

also told them i can't use the watch because it always uses the watch's speaker when dialing out,
even if you dial out with your phone
they don't seem to understand how that can be a problem

nothing on future firmware updates, all they mention about the app is

"If there is any APP update we will let you know, and we may have it upload on the play
store but which may take time, (maybe in July, we are not promise now)"

this watch is a waste of time and money, imnsho

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
U8 watch details

I've just received this smartwatch and i can say that is quite good for it's price (35€ on aliexpress)

BLuetooth connection seem good with my Huawei ascend P6 on kitkat

Notification works well (only information)
4 clocks faces

I've change the firmware with this one : M28_KHR.FN2.V002 (because it's support french language) before it was M28_KHR_CN1_V012 and everything working good.

Can someone send a link for the firmware to see if there are some updates ?

Can you kindly post as much info' as possible, this is how interest in these new watches begins

Model number (in case they have other models)
Firmware
Video's,
photos,
spec's,
usage
functions ..etc

Your link to Alibaba Express is saying over £100 now. Cheapest I found in Alibaba Express is £30.57 and for similar price on Amazon UK - its available on DX.com too

This is what i found so far:
One video on YouTube
Model: U8
1.48" Capacitive Touch Screen TFT LCD
Bluetooth
Altitude Meter
Thermometer
Pedometer
Barometer
Accelerometer
Vibration
Battery: 3.7V/230mAh
Mic & speaker
CPU 360MHz
Mirco USB charging (Micro or mini, I get em mixed)

Power-save option according to DX.com
No GPS
NO Wifi
Waterproof?

bab1c

Feb 7, 2009
Marsac
OnePlus 8T
Can you kindly post as much info' as possible, this is how interest in these new watches begins

Model number (in case they have other models)
Firmware
Video's,
photos,
spec's,
usage
functions ..etc

Your link to Alibaba Express is saying over £100 now. Cheapest I found in Alibaba Express is £30.57 and for similar price on Amazon UK - its available on DX.com too

This is what i found so far:
One video on YouTube
Model: U8
1.48" Capacitive Touch Screen TFT LCD
Bluetooth
Altitude Meter
Thermometer
Pedometer
Barometer
Accelerometer
Vibration
Battery: 3.7V/230mAh
Mic & speaker
CPU 360MHz
Mirco USB charging (Micro or mini, I get em mixed)

Power-save option according to DX.com
No GPS
NO Wifi
Waterproof?

When i use the link to aliexpress it's always saying the price of 51.25$ (37,53€)... I use the french aliexpress site perhaps the difference ?
The sellers name is Joice wang...

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Yes I see same price on aliexpress ;) (and Free shipping)

elegance_aliexpress.jpg

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
That's the cheapest price I found too. $51 is about £30. I did a thorough check ...its the lowest price.

its got amazing list of sensors. .. so if it doesn't have any major issues for the price its rather good. Many casio watches with such sensors are over £100.

Those that have the watch already list the major issues please?

bab1c

Feb 7, 2009
Marsac
OnePlus 8T
That's the cheapest price I found too. $51 is about £30. I did a thorough check ...its the lowest price.

its got amazing list of sensors. .. so if it doesn't have any major issues for the price its rather good. Many casio watches with such sensors are over £100.

Those that have the watch already list the major issues please?

Issues :

Bad viewing angle....

Lost bluetooth connection...

2 days batterie life....

Not so mutch functions ...

But it's 51$

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Yes I did. But I was after other users opinion too. Apologies if I have offended you. :crying:

that Bluetooth issue ... hmm shame hey. Any ideas suggestions anyone?

does the other sensors work accurately?

If you search a good cheap Smartwatch...

I bought the SmartQ ZWatch with Android 4.4 for 76€ (with shipping cost) and it is highly better for the same design. Wifi, playstore, custom ROM..... ;) (big thread on XDA)
but no weather sensor, just pedometer.

Last edited:

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
my last mail to elegance about the 'always on speakerphone' was replied with a brilliant

"So you can disconnect it to your smartphone, only connect it when it is necessary"

so if you want all your calls to go to the watch, you could buy this watch

but if you're like me, and you want only speakerphone on the watch if you answer or dial out on the watch, don't buy the watch

moyimall

Aug 21, 2009
thanks @alexcc59 for those files!
only simplified Chinese and English , can everybody help me where can I find Traditional Chinese firmware !thanks for your help

ttherapon

Jan 15, 2008
newest firmware?

I've got the same watch few days ago too,
The initial version of firmware is M28_KHR.CN1.V008
And then, I ask the 2 different versions of firmware from the vendor to see if any new feature or improvement,
The only difference I've found so far is the backlight timeout value can be changed,
Are you interested to take a look?

I bought this watch recently to use with iphone. Most functions work and for its price it is ok. Of course there are a lot better, but more expensive. I asked seller to provide latest firmware but did not reply. I used to have v.8 and uptataded with v.11 that you provide. There are some improvements like time for screen off and more avialable watches. All these firmware are developed fast so i assume that v.11 is not the latest. Can you please keep up uptaded with latest firm, as this is the only place i found info about firmware? Thanks

Reactions: simple1i

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
If you search a good cheap Smartwatch...

I bought the SmartQ ZWatch with Android 4.4 for 76€ (with shipping cost) and it is highly better for the same design. Wifi, playstore, custom ROM..... ;) (big thread on XDA)
but no weather sensor, just pedometer.

Thanks for the info'. :D

I'm exploring many of these types of watches that are cheaper. There's also a Z8 for $149.99 which is a 4GB model, an exact copy of the Omate as verified by someone that worked on the original, however someone to buy and test it.

I think we need a new thread for all these types of 'cheaper' watches because some of them like the SmartQ Z are quite good. There's also a $58 pebble copy which has been reviewed on XDA, it has a 10 day battery life and works well.

All of these are cheaper and hopefully more people can afford them, which is wonderful for everyone. :good:

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

I bought this watch recently to use with iphone. Most functions work and for its price it is ok. Of course there are a lot better, but more expensive. I asked seller to provide latest firmware but did not reply. I used to have v.8 and uptataded with v.11 that you provide. There are some improvements like time for screen off and more avialable watches. All these firmware are developed fast so i assume that v.11 is not the latest. Can you please keep up uptaded with latest firm, as this is the only place i found info about firmware? Thanks

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Have to tested the sensors yet?

Altitude Meter
Thermometer
Pedometer
Barometer
Accelerometer

Interested to see if they work and how accurate they are :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the U8 for 2 days and loving it over my previous Sony smartwatch ver 1.

For those of you who need to see full message from Whatsapp, gmail, email, sms, etc. Uninstall the BTNotification.apk or whatever notification apk that was ask to installed by the seller.

Go to Play Store and search for Mediatek Smartdevice, install it and pair your phone to your U8 again. Now notification pushed to your U8 should have full message appear instead of telling you how many messages you have.

Best thing is Google Now notification is also being pushed to my U8 now, e.g. weather, time to work, time to home, etc.
    Got my watch today...

Language selection is limited to chinese/english, no other options.

Build version of the firmware: M28_KHR.CN1.V007

Will add more info when i know more!
    (any questions are welcome)...

I've got the same watch few days ago too,
    The initial version of firmware is M28_KHR.CN1.V008
    And then, I ask the 2 different versions of firmware from the vendor to see if any new feature or improvement,
    The only difference I've found so far is the backlight timeout value can be changed,
    Are you interested to take a look?
    thanks @alexcc59 for those files!

will have a look, being able to set the screen timeout it the first of many changes this watch needs :)

did you also get a newer version of BTNotifier?
    i have v1.3.21 right now

edit: there's two versions of the firmware? one chinese and one english? or what is the difference?

and how do i get this thing to go into flash mode? :)

Yes, I already got that APK too.
    As I tried,
    The M28_KHR.FN2.V002 firmware support English, French...ETC, total 13 languages, build date: 2014/4/2,
    And the M28_KHR_CN1_V011 firmware only support English & Simplify Chinese, build date: 2014/4/9,
    But I don't exactly know what's the difference except language support.
    I figured out the flashing procedure by myself,
    If you want to try, you can follow the steps below~:D

1. Install driver.
    2. Switch on and connect the watch with standard micro-USB cable.
    3. Run the "Flash_tool.exe" as administrator.
    4. Loacate the 2 files then press the "Download" button as the attached picture.
    5. Swith off the watch then it will start to flash automatically.
    6. Do not interrupt the process until it finished.