Elephone P8 MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa Core 5.7 Inch FHD 1920x1080

Search This thread

N2k1

Feb 19, 2008
I unrooted the telephone and rooted again with Vroot. Installed SuperUser but when updating binary a download error ocurred. Anyway, I tried with the chinese application and now, Titanium works, Mobileuncle tools works (I can make copy of imei) and Root Browser works, so definitively, the problem is related to SuperSu permissions. I'm not able to make superuser work.

???
Why you messed the phone uo with vroot?
Just install the newest superuser as zip in recovery. Thats all.

Macmich66

Sep 12, 2014
Possible P8 Brick

Hi, New to this thread. After too much ignorant playing around I think I have bricked my P8. It boots past the first boot screen then sits there forever with a faint glow doing nothing. I have managed by using the phone control buttons to reset and clear cache etc but still just hours of endless nothing. Any ideas would be helpful...

jamaicapepe

Sep 12, 2014
Aroma Firmware Upgrade

Hello, I have seen that many users are happy with the new Aroma update Android L !

I have download it but now what.....

Could someone explain to a newbie like me, how can i flash this firmware to my P8???

Thanx in advance!

Leader2light

Jul 23, 2010
How to install new roms P8

Could you please post link to that ROM?
Thanks

1, First root your phone.
Framaroot will do this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276

2. Next get Mobileuncle MTK tools from andriod play store. (Easy Pesy)

3. Next get TWRP recovery and extract it to SDcard on phone. This is linked several times in this thread.

4. Run, Mobileuncle and choose the recovery image from sd card. The phone will then reboot into recovery tools mode.

5. At this point you can install any ROM.zip files you have on SD card. Again different roms you can download are listed through this thread.

Aroma update Android L ! is a great choice and is what I am currently running. Sure beats all the stock rom trash.

Reactions: toncheee

Acefolder

Nov 1, 2010
How can I use the button leds for notification?
I use gravity box on my other phone, but this doesn't work on the P8.

Is it normal that I can't use the home button to unlock the phone?
I can only unlock with on/off button.
Is it maybe ROM related?

mgalonso

Apr 21, 2014
Could someone please port AOSP 4.4.4 to this phone?
I have not knowledge to do it, but this ROM+Exposed is a very good combination in many other devices...
Just a suggestion....

Last edited:

Ascelpios

Mar 4, 2010
terroso
P8 issue

hi guys,

i buy an elephone P8 1 month ago and this equipment is very great phone for the little price but i repair something.

1 -- the phone come with a recovery system? that normal? (see photo1)

2 -- the battery drain a lot. when i using wifi to see some video or internet, the battery is charging at 100 percent after 2 hours of use the battery pass to 64 percent. i remark that, when i go to: settings/ battery. ( see photo 2)

i remember in elephone.hk, this is necessary to install that "Install http://n2k1.com/n2k1/Sesonn_N9000+/lk_install.zip" to solve the little bug. the question is that.

i need to install this soft with recovery mode or file manager?

other things, someone say to tell me if the battery of elephone P6S is compatible with P8?

many thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 145
  • photo2.png
    photo2.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 296

N2k1

Feb 19, 2008
1. Yes, a recovery is normal - but this recovery is with less functions as a custom recovery.
2. The battery consumption with wifi on - but screen off is not so high. My phone runs without many usage (only 4 mail accounts are syncronized - but I don't read the mails there) about 3 days ..
3. Afaik the batteries are not compatible.

PS: There is only 1 picture in your post.

moher4oman

Oct 1, 2014
problem

When I try to install rom in recovery I get this : Install aborted
With SPFT : PMT is changed and must be downloaded

How can I change my rom? ( it is from 11/06/2014 - 4.4.2)

N2k1

Feb 19, 2008
Installation within reovery must abort, because I don't have the right keys (from vendor) to sign correct for e3 recovery.
So you must install in other custom recovery - or via SPFT.
If you get PMT changed .. there is an other partition setting in phone as in scatter file.
You need to update whole ROM.

Reactions: moher4oman

ZeMartelo

Dec 2, 2011
I am looking at buying this phone but one of the things I have noticed in the youtube reviews is that Antutu shows the device missing some sensors.

example see here http://youtu.be/2BZgw8kzMqE?t=7m00s
Start at minute 7 to see the list.

G-sensor, gyro sensor, linear acceleration sensor and rotation vector sensor.
Alot of other phones out there have those sensors like the POMP C6S.

Is this true and what practical uses does these sensors have in real life and is it something that you miss?

N2k1

Feb 19, 2008
For normal use you don't need more sensors as th phone has.
In my nexus all the sensors included - but never really used.
The only thing I miss on my P8 is the NFC support.

V1pr

Sep 28, 2012
P8 issues

Hi All,

finally I've got my P8 :) I'm using the ETS fw on it now. Can anyone help me how to repartiotion it? I've read something about it to do it with Aroma, but couldn't find out more.

Moreover, I've some issues:
A) ghost touches, and not-so ghost touches: when I use the phone with the flipcase closed, the call is hanged up, even if I do not move the phone at all. Can this also be from the too tight screw?
B) when I use my speakerphone in the car over BT, the audio is crap, laggy, etc; and I can't connect to my Jawbone BT 4.0 wristband :( the P8 sees the wristband, but the SW cannot connect to it ( wristband is ok, tested with other phone ). Does the phone need a replacement?
C) when I play a game, but the media audio is off ( set to lowest value ) I hear the typical GSM signal noises from the speaker :(

Cheers,

Tom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.....

This thread is about the The ELEPHONE P8 MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa Core 5.7 inch with FHD 1920x1080.

Will be updating this thread with relevant info!

WRITTEN REVIEW:
    I have now used the phone for some days, and I already have a good impression of this phone. The Elephone is high quality compared to my older HDC Galaxy Note 3 N9006 (with only Quad Core). You really can feel and see that the Elephone P8 is of the newer Octa-core generation. Almost everything is better on this phone than on older Quad Cores.

The screen is really nice, sharp & clear and have some real vivid colours. Almost everyone that I have showed the device, have told me that the screen is very nice. So the FHD 1920x1080 must do a difference.

The camera in the Elephone P8 is also of the "good" type. It has some few extras like object focus, voice capture etc, but especially photos indoor are much better than on my older HDC. I think it is pretty equal to the Jiake X3S (also Octa Core). My wife tried the camera, and the first she said to me is, "wow this one, actually has a good camera".

The Dual Sim and 3G works perfect! The speed of the phone is what you can expect from an Octa-core. And scores close to 27000 in Antutu. Games and apps runs very good on the phone. The backspeaker is loud, even maybe too loud sometimes (there is a setting to boost the volume in the phones options). But especially the earspeaker and the quality is 10 times better than on my HDC. That is really a big plus for me. You hear people really clear when you speak with them.

The phone is really big (even bigger than the normal Note 3) so it is only for people with big hands :) But the overall build quality of the phone is very good, almost as good as the real brands like Samsung, HTC etc. I have noticed that it is very solid, and it doesn't feel cheap at all.

If I shall say something bad, then it must be the light in the hardware buttons, it could be stronger. But at least there is some light. And there is no options to set the sensitivity of the screen. I would like it to be a little bit more sensitive if possible, but still it is good. Another thing is that I haven't found a way to change to a custom wallpaper on the stock lockscreen, it only allowes me to use the builtin wallpapers.

The battery life is good, I would say 1 1/2 day with normal usage. But it also has a pretty big battery, but on the other hand also a very big screen, which uses a lot of power - so it evens out. I will recommend this phone if you want a phone with good quality, it is not a 1:1 clone of the Note 3. But it has much better build quality than the clones have. The problem with the 1:1 clones are that they often are cheap made, because they are sold as clones and not have their own brand/name.

Highlights
    ♦ 5.7 inch Screen, 1920*1080 pixel display
    ♦ MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa core
    ♦ Support 3G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
    ♦ 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    ♦ 13MP back camera + 5MP front camera
    ♦ The latest Android 4.2 System
    ♦ Air Gestures
    ♦ Clearmotion (video motion enhancer)

2_30(1).jpg

Video Unboxing:

Video Reviews:

Camera test:
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100227.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170116.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170833.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170143.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_165705.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100643.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100433.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100403.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170023.jpg

Issues:
    Fixes:
    Tweaks:
    http://n2k1.com/n2k1/Sesonn_N9000+/

Tips:

Benchmarks:
    Antutu 27000

-----------------------------------------------

Basic
    Brand: ELEPHONE
    Color: White / Black
    System: Android 4.2
    Storage
    CPU: MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa core
    RAM: 2 GB
    ROM: 16 GB
    Front Camera 5 Megapixel
    Back Camera 13 Megapixel
    Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
    3G support
    SIM Card Slot: Dual card dual standby
    Display Size (inch): 5.7"
    Screen res: 1920*1080
    Languages:
    English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Malaysia, Indonesia, Viet, Turkish, Russian, Arabic, Thailand, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Czech, Filipino, Magyar, Nederland, Romanian Greek, Hebrew, Simple/Traditional Chinese

What's in the box?
    Cell Phone × 1
    Phone to USB Cable × 1
    Rechargeable Li-ion Battery × 1
    Headset × 1
    Charger × 1
    User Manual – English × 1
    Screen Protector × 1
    KK 4.4 cannot write to SD (found a solution!)

Thanks. Because of this reason, I reverted back to 4.2.2. My go backup was not working. Google has made a very stupid decision. And further I couldn't see any major difference between kitkat and 4.2.2 jellybean.

Sent from my Coolpad 9976A using Tapatalk

Hello,

I received my P8 3 days ago, and I love it!
    I used the standard ROM from elephone support site (without the 'unwanted program').
    Then I applied the Chinese Vroot.
    That works, BUT add's some Chinese unwanted programs, they can be removed later.
    After Vroot running from my PC, I used SuperSu, and then I removed Vroot.

To be able to use the SD, i found this little app: SDFix
    This 'corrects' the new settings within KK, so now the SD works as before!

Apps I also installed are:

Build.prop Editor (to change the build setting to engineering mode)
    ES File Explorer (to edit files with root permissions)
    FasterGPS (to update the gps.conf file)
    Mobile Uncle Tools (to set the Thermal manager stuff)
    No-Frills CPU control (to change the Governor setting)
    SDFix (to correct the SD write behavior)
    Antutu (nice to know how fast this thing actually is)
    Button Savior (I used this on my HTC Desire, and now I use it again, to avoid breaking the HOME switch...;)
    CPU-Z (to check temperatures and CPU speeds)

I hope the tip about SDFix is useful.

Un saludo desde España, :laugh:

Satbeginner
    Speaker Problem

The speaker on my P8 was becoming intermittent. I found that the flex PCB from the charger board to the speaker contact pads had fractured since the charger board moves quite a lot when un/plugging USB.

This pic shows how I repaired it. I used single strand wire to connect the points shown by the yellow lines. If you zoom in on the pic you can just see the wires. You will need to use a very fine tip soldering iron preferably with temperature control set to ~320C. If you don't have good soldering skills or the right equipment most repair shops can do this for you.

P8-SpeakerFix_zps7d9e20f7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Following

Just wanna let you know I will have one soon and will begin tinkering. Hopefully we can make this phone a community supported one!
    P8 Insufficient space

"there is insufficient space on the device"
    i can update anything from playstore
    Availiable internal storage : 94.91 MB
    Availiable Phone storage : 11.58 GB
    Availiable Sd card : 13.45 Gb
    what i can do to install updates?
    plz help

The P8 has a default /data-partition of 1.14 Gb. (Way too small!!!)
    If you go to Settings->Apps->Telephone Memory you can see how much you have.

So in my opinion the best solution is reflash with a bigger /data partition.

There are many great ROM´s out there, but here is a step-by-step description of what I did:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57219048&postcount=189

I flashed a clean 4.4.2 ROM, using N2k1 ´s EBR-files to increase the data size to 8 Gb

Un saludo,
    Satbeginner
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone