Elephone P9000 Android N Demo

Search This thread

4rch0

Aug 2, 2012
Vienna
elephone-p9000-android-_20161010-094218_1.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzInTyBAMEA

#ElephoneP9000 will receive #Android7.0 OTA in mid-November.

A variety of functions will be added on the Elephone P9000 Android 7.0 :

Split-screen multi task,
Quick reply for notification messages,
Notification messages collection
Mobile traffic protection mode, etc.

source : Elephone

Last edited:

BlackLodge

Sep 4, 2013
I think Elephone is going very fast with ROMs for the P9000. For the moment there is no 100% stable and working ROM: not even the stock official one.

So yes, thanks for the effort with porting Nougat, but I hope it is not going to be part of the "almost ready" list.

No offense intended in this post. :)

Last edited:

gsemobiles

Oct 11, 2016
ELEPHONE P9000 GET ANDROID 7.0 NOUGAT UPDATE OTA IN MID-NOVEMBER KNOW MORE gsemobiles.com/elephone-p9000-get-android-7-0-nougat-update-ota-mid-november/

Reactions: skysauger

sur.

Jan 22, 2009
It seams we really will get it in November.
Honesty I did not believe that in November Elephone will release the Android 7

BlackLodge

Sep 4, 2013
You just summed up my frustrations with this phone. Plenty of projects, none of which are stable.

Side note: I hope they get rid of that terrible bin icon in the task switcher.

Yep.

I bought this phone because it is powerful and very low price. I was of course aware of the poor ROM support, but I thought at the moment that it was only a matter of time: Elephone said that they were going to release the kernel, and there was that first preliminary port of CM13.

Now not a single ROM works. I am very interested in CM13, but the development is stopped for a time already. I would like to help (I have wide experience in developing, although never with android), but I can't even post in CM13 thread because my account is too young yet. Aaargh. :eek:

Well, I guess best strategy for the moment is simply to wait.

Emba4

Jul 17, 2012
and here i was about to start looking into porting the jiayu s3 7.0 build, think ill just wait for the official version

also im not sure what issues people are facing that are that bad with the current CM13 build. ill admit there are a few bugs on mine, HDR photos crash the app, GPS is horribly inaccurate and all over the place despite all attempts to fix it (almost certainly down to the hardware at this point) and the proximity sensor can be a bit dodgy often leading to you pressing buttons with your face while in call, but this may be worse than it really is due to the rather cracked and battered screen protector thats on it. other than that its been a perfectly functional daily driver for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrofryed

Stylez Ray.

Jan 3, 2008
You just summed up my frustrations with this phone. Plenty of projects, none of which are stable.

Side note: I hope they get rid of that terrible bin icon in the task switcher.

I think the problem is also we, the end user. I'm pretty sure a normal person would never think about buying this phone, most people tend to buy the phones they know by name: Samsung, HTC, LG...Tell someone you know you have an Elephone, they don't know what you mean.
People in this sub forum usually know why they bought the P900 and what they had to expect. Look at the phones I had: I knew this phone couldn't be complete software wise and I bought it in hope that CM13 makes it complete and even if it would work I knew I wouldn't get 100% satisfied. Honestly, I'm surprised how good Deepflex made my experience with his CM13 port but for now in this state of development of all roms (and even stock) it's the confirmation I wanted from the beginning: this phone is cheap for a reason and it will never be as good as 400$+ phones, no matter how many roms the devs will release here and even IF Nougat drops you won't be getting this "full experience" you wanted.

andythedev

Aug 9, 2016
London
andythedeveloper.com
I think the problem is also we, the end user. I'm pretty sure a normal person would never think about buying this phone, most people tend to buy the phones they know by name: Samsung, HTC, LG...Tell someone you know you have an Elephone, they don't know what you mean.
People in this sub forum usually know why they bought the P900 and what they had to expect. Look at the phones I had: I knew this phone couldn't be complete software wise and I bought it in hope that CM13 makes it complete and even if it would work I knew I wouldn't get 100% satisfied. Honestly, I'm surprised how good Deepflex made my experience with his CM13 port but for now in this state of development of all roms (and even stock) it's the confirmation I wanted from the beginning: this phone is cheap for a reason and it will never be as good as 400$+ phones, no matter how many roms the devs will release here and even IF Nougat drops you won't be getting this "full experience" you wanted.
With all due respect, I think it is very unfair to blame the consumer for the failures of this device. It's advertised on Amazon as being "smooth and stable" and that just isn't true.

Elephone have decided to make the priority sales numbers rather than happy customers and it's likely going to result in the failure of the company as their brand develops a bad name.

While the adoption of this device seems to be successful, the failing user experience is what will prevent any possibility of loyal customers. Development malpractices such as releasing a "stable" CM 13 ROM which doesn't detect a large number of working SIM cards is straight up deceitful to customers. I would go as far as to say false advertising is taking place.

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Yep.

I bought this phone because it is powerful and very low price. I was of course aware of the poor ROM support, but I thought at the moment that it was only a matter of time: Elephone said that they were going to release the kernel, and there was that first preliminary port of CM13.

Now not a single ROM works. I am very interested in CM13, but the development is stopped for a time already. I would like to help (I have wide experience in developing, although never with android), but I can't even post in CM13 thread because my account is too young yet. Aaargh. :eek:

Well, I guess best strategy for the moment is simply to wait.
The 10 post rule no longer applies I don't think? You should be able to post in the development forum. What error message do you get when trying to post?

Reactions: BlackLodge

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
I do not have an Elephone (yet?) only experience with other China phone. So bear with me if I talk nonsense.

I thought my Zenfone fo example is not really worse than Samsung and Co. It's just that Samsung is much bigger and developer support much better. So it's actually not Samsung delivering a solution for a problem.
Another issue is the "update" pattern by Google. How can a firmware mature if Google publishes new versions often?

I disagree with everyone here. The hardware in the P9000 is easily comparable to its Samsung counterpart. At a quarter of the price tag. The trade off? Bad software (easily overcome thanks to Jonny, deepflex, skeleton1911, and others), and bad customer service. Again. Easily overcome. As far as android N, I will wait until cm14 and enjoy beta testing with the 2nd elephone I buy with all the money I saved by not buying a Samsung and risking it exploding in my pocket.

Wildefalcon

May 11, 2016
I'm a slightly more normal user - I don't mod phones anymore, and am content to just use them, too much else to do.

But I have to disagree with a lot of the negativity here: My P9000 is a great phone - very rarely crashes, works well and reliably, and has received many ROM updates. The camera is good enough, the GPS works well enough, better in HERE than Google maps, battery could be better, but I get a day out of it, so that's about average. My previous phone was a P8(?), which was rubbish, prior to that I had a Nokia N8, which was great, but I kept killing the camera module and the earpiece through shock and dust damage. I'm hard on on phones, they get dropped and exposed to dust and moisture. The P9000 has taken it all and not even stuttered.

And now it's getting nougat? Well done elephone, better support than a LOT of manufacturers. Do they still make the P9000? If they could sort out Androidpay then I'd consider the phone faultless.

w

Reactions: LJPENL and Jonny

Goonerman

Sep 30, 2015
London
I have to agree with Wildefalcon.
I am also a "normal" user. I have previously had Star and Zopo phones which were not great and never received any updates.
We must have had 3 or 4 updates so far, with Nougat to come.
After my experience with my previous phones, this is beyond my expectations!
I have found the GPS and camera to be okay and yes, I would like to have Android Pay too.
The one disappointment I have had was with the faulty sim tray which caused the sim cards to log out. Neither the seller nor Elephone were prepared to replace it free of charge and I ended up paying US$10 for a replacement.
Overall, I think for the price, including the additional $10, this is an excellent phone.
I appreciate others may have had problems and perhaps I have just been lucky.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    elephone-p9000-android-_20161010-094218_1.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzInTyBAMEA

#ElephoneP9000 will receive #Android7.0 OTA in mid-November.

A variety of functions will be added on the Elephone P9000 Android 7.0 :

Split-screen multi task,
    Quick reply for notification messages,
    Notification messages collection
    Mobile traffic protection mode, etc.

source : Elephone
    Great news!!!! But please, Provide the correct kernel sources.
    I'm a slightly more normal user - I don't mod phones anymore, and am content to just use them, too much else to do.

But I have to disagree with a lot of the negativity here: My P9000 is a great phone - very rarely crashes, works well and reliably, and has received many ROM updates. The camera is good enough, the GPS works well enough, better in HERE than Google maps, battery could be better, but I get a day out of it, so that's about average. My previous phone was a P8(?), which was rubbish, prior to that I had a Nokia N8, which was great, but I kept killing the camera module and the earpiece through shock and dust damage. I'm hard on on phones, they get dropped and exposed to dust and moisture. The P9000 has taken it all and not even stuttered.

And now it's getting nougat? Well done elephone, better support than a LOT of manufacturers. Do they still make the P9000? If they could sort out Androidpay then I'd consider the phone faultless.

w
    ---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

How do you know that?
    Unfortunately the Elephone has leave the consumers without official information...
    From elephone Facebook