Elephone S7 (Real Reviews & Discussion) 3000mAh, 5.5", Fingerprint ID, Helio X20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FunkiBluDawg

Dec 31, 2010
OTA Elephone_S7_97_20161219 is available
Change Log
1. optimized the quick start of projection function on the notification bar
2. optimized the first boot speed (currently optimized to 50S).
3. lowered the minimum brightness
4. added time zone settings on the first boot.
5. optimized the recent task bar function
6. optimized the speaker effect.
7. Solved the setting problem of shortcut stop running.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankJHTC

GMF80

Sep 20, 2012
Changelog?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Thanks! Good to see that Elephone is fixing the bugs...

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

flokic

Nov 10, 2016
I'm wondering about the 3GB + 16GB version. I find very little mention of this particular version, most reviews don't even acknowledge its existence and only mention: 2GB +16 GB; 3GB + 32GB; 4GB + 64GB . Even in the Elephone store there is no sign of it? Does anyone know why that is?

InsGdt76

Feb 1, 2015
I'm wondering about the 3GB + 16GB version. I find very little mention of this particular version, most reviews don't even acknowledge its existence and only mention: 2GB +16 GB; 3GB + 32GB; 4GB + 64GB . Even in the Elephone store there is no sign of it? Does anyone know why that is?

It's still around. GearBest look like they are restocking it in early Jan 17
I suspect that the 16Gb model got a lot of attention because off the very low $139 price point. The 64Gb model seems most popular on these forums as the users here are all pretty tech minded and couldn't resist the better specs at $220. This leaves the 3GB model out of the spotlight.

I suspect when it came to catching up with the backorders, Elephone may have chosen to focus on the 16, 64 and x25 models, leaving this out in the cold.

Just guessing.

Last edited:
Reactions: flokic

vaskovass

Jan 12, 2017
01.09.2017 update?

Does someone know what the newest update from 01.09.2017 changes? In Update information I don't see the changelog. The text is covered with black like it is TOP SECRET, so I can't read exactly what does this update do....
update version: Elephone_S7_97_20170109
EDIT:
I can confirm the touch screen pixel skipping is fixed in this update, however, still don't know what the other changes are.

Last edited:

MO5.COM

Oct 12, 2014
Paris
Does someone know what the newest update from 01.09.2017 changes? In Update information I don't see the changelog. The text is covered with black like it is TOP SECRET, so I can't read exactly what does this update do....
update version: Elephone_S7_97_20170109
EDIT:
I can confirm the touch screen pixel skipping is fixed in this update, however, still don't know what the other changes are.

Yes, it seems people are getting this update while having the 20161219 firmware, note the 20161229.
It is OTA and works well.

Best regards

jon feaver

Apr 17, 2015
my review Elephone S7

Well I would like to post my feed back about the S7 x 25 version.
I ordered it when it was first on preorder from Elephones store in HK.I ordered the green version and was linked to Gearbest to buy it.
I wanted many months and then was told the green version would be delayed,so I waited another month,still nothing,so I paid more for the X25 version in blue
Well here are my pros and cons

Pros:
Great looking phone
Not expensive
Able to order screen protector and cover at time of release of phone.
Fast.
There have been 2 updates since I have the phone

Cons:
No sound at phone start up
Elephones own feedback app on phone crashes every time
Battery life really bad,I am light user and get about 8 to 10 hours
NO sound on touch screen at all
Can not use live wall papers,phone crashed after 5 to 10 mins and goes back to default photo.
Can not use 4K video ,as when selected the phone locks up..
Touch screen is no responsive at all,you have to press really hard .
GPS is terrible.
Customer service is ZERO at HK store.
Would I buy another Elephone phone,I think unless things change with updates,NO

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
Multifuncion Home Button E-Touch and all functions underneath

Home key has always been an important part of a phone, do you know all these useful functions included in S7's home button that I'm going to tell?
Through setting the short-cut key you can open a specific APP with one touch on the home button.
Forget other ways to get screenshots with both your hands, now you can easily get sreeenshot by touching the home Button for a few seconds.
Of course, there is a very convenient E-touch function in the home button -- such as touch to back, and touch twice or press to show the home page.
How many functions have you found with S7's home button? Try them out!

Learn more about S7: http://www.elephone.hk/static/Link/98806FE2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got a new firmware build (11/23) today. BIG improvements! Touch panel works very well now, just the lag when scrolling slowly is still there, but that does not annoy me much if everything else works well. System performance was improved big time as well. Gaming performance too (but still not on-par with other Helio X20 phones from LeEco, Meizu...). By the way, GPS has issues contrary to my initial statement. I did a few more tests with it and sometimes it seems to loose a lot of accuracy. I will try to dig down the cause of this. Some say it might be a loose GPS antenna contact. Let's see.
    Got a new firmware build for testing today. Touch panel is a bit more responsive now but still not perfect. System performance is a little better but also not perfect yet. They also fixed a bug which randomly reverted the keyboard back to the default one, wen using a third party keyboard. Good to see them taking care about my bug reports. Let's hope the touch will be fully fixed with the next release! :)

By the way: If anyone in here owns an Elephone S7 as well, feel free to report bugs here. I will forward it to my contact at Elephone right away.
    Got a new firmware build for testing today. Touch panel is a bit more responsive now but still not perfect. System performance is a little better but also not perfect yet. They also fixed a bug which randomly reverted the keyboard back to the default one, wen using a third party keyboard. Good to see them taking care about my bug reports. Let's hope the touch will be fully fixed with the next release! :)

By the way: If anyone in here owns an Elephone S7 as well, feel free to report bugs here. I will forward it to my contact at Elephone right away.

Hi,

Nice you are active at XDA-Developers as well now :)

People reached out to us, asking to support elephone s7 with our software.
    We now created a poll, and added s7 as option:
    https://m.facebook.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers/

But I didn't get any information about elephone planning to release source code. Maybe you know something?

Cheers
    I know this phone has been getting a load of negative press since it's release and nobody can get the claimed AnTuTu score of 87k. But as long as elephone keep trying to sort the bugs and release the SC for 3rd party developers it should be a pretty good v soon....

I've also ordered a strip of heli tape to put a clear cover over the plastic rear panel. It should give it a glass panel appearance and protect it from scratches If you don't want use the silicone cover. it might be a good alternative. If it works out I'll post a vid.

Heli tape is a thick clear sticky sheet used to protect painted surfaces such as bike frames.
    Let's see what they can fix with software updates. The worst thing is the touch panel. The resolution seems too low. Scrolling is very laggy, accuracy is kinda bad and I also had some ghost touches when I went from the house into the cold. I hope its just the calibration like on a couple of Elephone devices before.

Camera sensor seems good, but as I said, they use a cheap module like on previous phones. The lenses are ****. Pictures are blurred on the lower area. You can check samples here: https://goo.gl/photos/8mchLbuuZAqPqw596
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone