Elephone S7 Stock Roms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

manolett

Oct 1, 2015
Valencia
The ROM is perfect, the new 7.1 for the S7
Now the problem is the recovery TWRP, it seems that the one running on android 6.0 does not work in 7.1
I try to put it with flash tools ... it leaves the green check at the end ... but it always restarts in the recovery stock

FrankJHTC

Jun 7, 2013
The ROM is perfect, the new 7.1 for the S7
Now the problem is the recovery TWRP, it seems that the one running on android 6.0 does not work in 7.1
I try to put it with flash tools ... it leaves the green check at the end ... but it always restarts in the recovery stock
Works perfect for my.. Try with another usb port..

Enviado desde mi S7 mediante Tapatalk

nickzeptepi

Aug 7, 2015
I have some bugs.. Gps and Mobil data.. And when I flashed the ROM Its eraser my IMEIs!!!

Enviado desde mi Apollo_Lite mediante Tapatalk
I see u mention this in the forum just now.
I have the windows 10 driver problem that's also mentioned. So I can't use the windows​ programs to flash or repair.

I've found a Linux live OS- FWUL that has sp flash tools built in, I'll give it a go maybe I'll wait to use the official release they said would arrive after 7 days & bugs ironed out.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

FrankJHTC

Jun 7, 2013
I see u mention this in the forum just now.
I have the windows 10 driver problem that's also mentioned. So I can't use the windows​ programs to flash or repair.

I've found a Linux live OS- FWUL that has sp flash tools built in, I'll give it a go maybe I'll wait to use the official release they said would arrive after 7 days & bugs ironed out.

I have the same problem with Windows.. Can you put the link with the flashtools metod?..

Thanks

nickzeptepi

Aug 7, 2015
????? my screen went kaput last night. Looks like a photocopy that's been done a million times -Smudged+ b&w
I'm out of here until screen prices drop considerably.
Bye y'all.

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
my screen went kaput last night. Looks like a photocopy that's been done a million times -Smudged+ b&w
I'm out of here until screen prices drop considerably.
Bye y'all.

Damn luck! :( I'm truly sorry for you (instead of a smartphone, you now have a paperweight) and for all of us you helped. I hope things turn out for the best.

At this moment I'm testing the nougat rom and, unbelievably, I still haven't found a single bug yet, although I'm not a smartphone heavy user.
Some people after flashing their phones had some problems (mainly IMEI loss), so if anyone is wandering what I did, here's the road I took:

My setup: Elephone S7 4GB-64GB, with Lineage OS 13.0 (thanks to deepflex. https://forum.xda-developers.com/el...m-20-03-lineageos-13-0-android-6-0-1-t3592261), twrp and su.

1-Backuped my stuff;
2-Flashed the latest's marshmallow rom version (that can be found on the 1st page of this thread) with SP flash tools, following the current tutorials.
3- Checked if everything was ok. Used Sensor box, checked settings, made some calls, browsed a bit, took a couple of photos, one or two games and everything was working ok.
4-Flashed the latest's nougat rom version (found here: http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13508&extra=page=1&ordertype=2&page=1), also with SP Flash Tools (using the same flash tutorials) and for now, it's working absolutely great!
For the first time, a phone manufacturer actually delivered what they promised, at least for me.

Now I'll keep on testing until the final version, that should arrive around the 29th of May and then flash twrp and su.

In the future, If I find anything relevant, I'll post it here and best of luck to nickzeptepi!

Reactions: nickzeptepi

nickzeptepi

Aug 7, 2015
Damn luck! :( I'm truly sorry for you (instead of a smartphone, you now have a paperweight) and for all of us you helped. I hope things turn out for the best.

At this moment I'm testing the nougat rom and, unbelievably, I still haven't found a single bug yet, although I'm not a smartphone heavy user.
Some people after flashing their phones had some problems (mainly IMEI loss), so if anyone is wandering what I did, here's the road I took:

My setup: Elephone S7 4GB-64GB, with Lineage OS 13.0 (thanks to deepflex. https://forum.xda-developers.com/el...m-20-03-lineageos-13-0-android-6-0-1-t3592261), twrp and su.

1-Backuped my stuff;
2-Flashed the latest's marshmallow rom version (that can be found on the 1st page of this thread) with SP flash tools, following the current tutorials.
3- Checked if everything was ok. Used Sensor box, checked settings, made some calls, browsed a bit, took a couple of photos, one or two games and everything was working ok.
4-Flashed the latest's nougat rom version (found here: http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13508&extra=page=1&ordertype=2&page=1), also with SP Flash Tools (using the same flash tutorials) and for now, it's working absolutely great!
For the first time, a phone manufacturer actually delivered what they promised, at least for me.

Now I'll keep on testing until the final version, that should arrive around the 29th of May and then flash twrp and su.

In the future, If I find anything relevant, I'll post it here and best of luck to nickzeptepi!
I dropped it a couple of days ago. The was no indication of anything wrong.
I was lost driving around a strange city and my S7 was doing fine with G maps to get me back to my apartment.
I've had constant problems with the touch id activating & vibrating Thule in my pocket.
I decided to wipe lineage and use the new N - ROM it was then I saw fit the first time the b**xed screen.

It held on to get me back, then gave up once I thought to wipe it. [emoji79] [emoji89] [emoji33] spooky coincidence!

I'm now considering a xiaomi redmi note 4X - good value, more per $ than most phones + custom ROM support.

I have a feeling the S7 could have long legs, with a nice N ROM and price reduction it might pick up more customers = more Dev support and screen replacement price reduction, I might have back up and running again next year.

All the best my fellow S7 Pioneer's.
[emoji1]
18c418ebdc74e5ed130f44ef6a475bcb.jpg

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
I'm now considering a xiaomi redmi note 4X - good value, more per $ than most phones + custom ROM support.

Just a very small advice: If you can, wait a little more. Since the release of XiaoMi Mi6, the prices of the Mi5 are really coming down
and I believe that, in just a few weeks, it should reach your price tag and you'll get a Snapdragon 820!

Reactions: nickzeptepi

bluiis48

Oct 28, 2015
Kelowna
Only issue I have found with the 7 update is scheduled power off/on. Phone powers off but does not boot up at scheduled time - needs a manual boot. Anyone else using this feature notice the same ? Other than that works great, smoother and fingerprint seems to be improved. TWRP and root no problem. If anything battery seems to drain faster than ever which is too bad because 7 in theory is supposed to have better battery efficiency.

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
Only issue I have found with the 7 update is scheduled power off/on. Phone powers off but does not boot up at scheduled time - needs a manual boot. Anyone else using this feature notice the same ?
I have exactly the same problem. Shuts down ok, but doesn't wakeup.
The other problem I have is with my cars media center. Phone and audio sync ok but the picture in the audio file can't​ be seen and the music progress doesn't show up, but in this case, I don't know who's fault is it.

If anything battery seems to drain faster than ever which is too bad because 7 in theory is supposed to have better battery efficiency.
Here I have no problem. I usually end my day with 30 to 40% battery and everyday I have to kill time for an hour (my kids workout), but I'm​ not a heavy user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All, i want to share with you the Stock Rom for newly S7:

Please note that S7 is available in different configuration and different hardware specs, so take care on this VITAL detail!

S7 Mini screen size 5,2" ---- 2Gb+32Gb MT6737T
    Rom Android 6 v1.1.4 20170206
    http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13214-1-1.html#.WOS8GmfOPcs

S7 screen size 5,5" ---- 3Gb + 16Gb and 3Gb+32Gb Helio X20 MT6797
    Latest ROM for elephone S7 3+16GB/3+32GB version (Only these models, please take care on this)
    S7_3g_20161201182849_v1.1.zip
    S7_3g_20161212_v1.2.zip
    S7_3g_20161219_v1.3.zip
    S7_3g_20170109_v1.5.zip
    S7_3g_20170218_v1.6.zip
    S7_3g_20170313_v1.7.zip

S7 screen size 5,5" ---- 4Gb+64Gb Helio X20 MT6797 (i don't know if they work also on X25 Special Edition)
    S7_4g_20161203222918_v1.5.zip
    S7_4g_20161212_v1.6zip
    S7_4g_20161219_v1.7zip
    S7_4g_20170109_v1.9zip
    S7_4g_20170218_v2.0zip
    S7_4g_20170313_v2.1zip

latest changelog 20170313
    Resolve the time display inaccurate problem of Hebrew and Arabic language when the screen is locked.
    Optimize system speed.
    Optimize the sensitivity of mobile phone touch screen.
    The main menu application sort is sorted by the installation application time (the latest at the end).
    Optimize the fingerprint algorithm.
    1,1Gb for only few update fix on changelog.
    zmw0KSg.png

I was able to do update via twrp and make root..
    temp folder to find ota update.zip is \data\data\com.adups.fota\files\adupsfota (you need to unzip file and flash the other update.zip inside)
    http://imgur.com/DsuyT4w
    http://imgur.com/INpyqPw
    Hello guys. Did anyway try to update the new firmware or do u have to clean install and redownload all your apps again

Partition allocation is different from old rom, so PMT is changed and necessary to do a firmware upgrade to install new rom.
    I'm trying to mantain data after restore userdata backup from TWRP.
    stay tuned

First of all is necessary to Backup Userdata in TWRP (to external SD or if internal, move backup to pc)
    Flashed using Firmware Upgrade (it will format system, data and internal memory).
    Put TWRP 3.0.3 from Jemmini, using latest scatter of 20170216 stock rom
    Flash Supersu 2.79 SR3
    Restore Userdata from TWRP (previously copyed from pc to internal memory).

Everything seems to work correctly.
    Root doesn't aftect checking update. All the phones just don't get that at the same time. Wait for few days and I'm sure you'll get it :)

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Cab you please translate the changelog? My spanish is not that good when it comes to tech things :)
    The vibration that occurs in the home button can be disabled.
    Modified display brightness.
    The function screen-record is added.
    The call interface is optimized, reducing the delay.
    Vibration is reduced.
    The clock widget is modified, resolving the date problem shown that existed in some languages.
    Android keyboard stability is optimized.
    The battery life is optimized.
    New settings for the Notifications LED.

this is latest OTA Changelog:
    083033f8s2js88yo8o8888.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone