Elephone S7 Stock Roms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
Anybody able to make a flashable version that we can install via twrp ?

Even though I thing that's a good idea, I don't know if what you are asking it's even possible, without putting alot of work into it, but I'm almost certain that no one is going to do it, before the final version is released.

As for me, I'll just wait for the OTA with the final version and then flash twrp and su. If after that, if another version is released, I'll just use twrp to backup "data". Flash the new version and afterwards, twrp and su.
Then, it's just a matter of restoring the backup with twrp.

Hope I've helped in any way.

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Great feed back cheers.
I'm pretty sure its possible as in my early days ( htc wildfire lol ) we created custom ROMs this way but I've been away so long and also internals look so different these days I would not have a clue.
I doubt I will get a successful OTA as I have removed some stock apps beyond recovery and if I'm correct you need an unmodified system to get OTA ?
Just for rooting it was a pia for me as I tried and tried with the flash tool but failed every time so I had to root old school way with fastboot commands which I'm very noob at and was worried sick lol.
Fingers crossed someone will created a new custom ROM with the update than can just be flashed via twrp.
Cheers.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

digital0

Oct 18, 2010
Vilnius
I did Android 6->7 dirty upgrade (without wiping data) and now I cannot delete fingerprints. If I press Delete it just does nothing. Where are fingerprints stored? I would like to delete the fingerprint files (database) from TWRP.

Oajj

Sep 13, 2015
I did Android 6->7 dirty upgrade (without wiping data) and now I cannot delete fingerprints. If I press Delete it just does nothing. Where are fingerprints stored? I would like to delete the fingerprint files (database) from TWRP.
Same problem here

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I have once done a script that resets your screenlock ect. I can look it up maybe tomorrov if I have time. Fun fact: that script was made during a really long roadtrip for my nexus 7 2012 running pac rom 4.2.2.

SSanders888

Mar 9, 2017
Hi All,

Had my S7 a week, and out of the box it is on ROM 20161230 with no available OTA updates. for the update files in the OP, can you add them to SD and perform a local update from Settings? I'm concerned about any security issues with being stuck on an old ROM. as usual, Elephone aren't arsed!

Cheers for any help,

SS

digital0

Oct 18, 2010
Vilnius
I restored Android 6, deleted fingerprints, upgraded to Android 7, but I was not able to add new fingerprints. So I ended up with factory reset, and then fingerprints work.

sktshuzo

Apr 6, 2010
I've just got the official update.
Battery drain might be less.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170619-231002.png
    Screenshot_20170619-231002.png
    131 KB · Views: 209

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
Updated to 7.1.1
No problem

Enviado do meu S7 através de Tapatalk
Can you please tell me what firmware did you have before receiving the OTA update to 7.1.1?
And also what is your elephone version? x20 (3GB, 4GB) or x25?

Reparei agora no "Enviado do meu S7 através de Tapatalk". És português e estás em Portugal?

Thanks!

andrejluz

Jun 6, 2017
Can you please tell me what firmware did you have before receiving the OTA update to 7.1.1?
And also what is your elephone version? x20 (3GB, 4GB) or x25?

Reparei agora no "Enviado do meu S7 através de Tapatalk". És português e estás em Portugal?

Thanks!

I have the X20 - 4/64 version. I don't know the version.

----

Sim, sou português!
Honestamente não te sei dizer com certeza qual a versão que tinha. Mas tenho ideia que saiu no mês de Marco/Abril.

Depois não voltei a instalar quaisquer versão mas pensei que saiu uma actualização que eu não instalei e depois a elephone retirou.

Cumprimentos

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
I have the X20 - 4/64 version. I don't know the version.
I have an x20 with the latest 7.1.1. beta and no OTA update for the final 7.1.1. version.
I also have a x25 still on 6.0 (20161230) and no OTA update for him either. :(
So on the x25 I flashed (SPtools) 6.0 version 20170313 and after the reboot it got an OTA update 6.0 version 20170406 (I think, it was only 25mb).
After that... 7.1.1 version 20170517 was available via OTA. Yes! The upgrade was done without any kind of problems and everything seams to be working. I ain't got time today to do more testing.

----

Sim, sou português!
Honestamente não te sei dizer com certeza qual a versão que tinha. Mas tenho ideia que saiu no mês de Marco/Abril.
Depois não voltei a instalar quaisquer versão mas pensei que saiu uma actualização que eu não instalei e depois a elephone retirou.
Cumprimentos

Obrigadão pela resposta. Perguntei-te se eras português para poder eliminar o nosso país (localização, configurações de dns dos ISPs, etc) como fonte dos problemas.

Cumprimentos e obrigado por tudo.

Last edited:
Reactions: andrejluz

netrider

May 20, 2007
I have an x20 with the latest 7.1.1. beta and no OTA update for the final 7.1.1. version.
I also have a x25 still on 6.0 (20161230) and no OTA update for him either. :(
So on the x25 I flashed (SPtools) 6.0 version 20170313 and after the reboot it got an OTA update 6.0 version 20170406 (I think, it was only 25mb).
After that... 7.1.1 version 20170517 was available via OTA. Yes! The upgrade was done without any kind of problems and everything seams to be working. I ain't got time today to do more testing.

----

Obrigadão pela resposta. Perguntei-te se eras português para poder eliminar o nosso pa

cimbike

Nov 13, 2008
Today I updated to 7 and everything went fine on the update process. I set my fingerprint but now is no longer working and always gets me to the pin unlock screen and it shows up the message "Device administrator locked device"
Any ideas? Do I have to do a factory reset?

yajdam

Jan 25, 2017
Today I updated to 7 and everything went fine on the update process. I set my fingerprint but now is no longer working and always gets me to the pin unlock screen and it shows up the message "Device administrator locked device"
Any ideas? Do I have to do a factory reset?

According Elephone S7 Forum thread, doing a factory reset after the update/upgrade solves alot of issues, including fingerprint related problems.
I didn't have any kind of problems, so I can't confirm this solution.

Good luck!

Reactions: cimbike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All, i want to share with you the Stock Rom for newly S7:

Please note that S7 is available in different configuration and different hardware specs, so take care on this VITAL detail!

S7 Mini screen size 5,2" ---- 2Gb+32Gb MT6737T
    Rom Android 6 v1.1.4 20170206
    http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13214-1-1.html#.WOS8GmfOPcs

S7 screen size 5,5" ---- 3Gb + 16Gb and 3Gb+32Gb Helio X20 MT6797
    Latest ROM for elephone S7 3+16GB/3+32GB version (Only these models, please take care on this)
    S7_3g_20161201182849_v1.1.zip
    S7_3g_20161212_v1.2.zip
    S7_3g_20161219_v1.3.zip
    S7_3g_20170109_v1.5.zip
    S7_3g_20170218_v1.6.zip
    S7_3g_20170313_v1.7.zip

S7 screen size 5,5" ---- 4Gb+64Gb Helio X20 MT6797 (i don't know if they work also on X25 Special Edition)
    S7_4g_20161203222918_v1.5.zip
    S7_4g_20161212_v1.6zip
    S7_4g_20161219_v1.7zip
    S7_4g_20170109_v1.9zip
    S7_4g_20170218_v2.0zip
    S7_4g_20170313_v2.1zip

latest changelog 20170313
    Resolve the time display inaccurate problem of Hebrew and Arabic language when the screen is locked.
    Optimize system speed.
    Optimize the sensitivity of mobile phone touch screen.
    The main menu application sort is sorted by the installation application time (the latest at the end).
    Optimize the fingerprint algorithm.
    1,1Gb for only few update fix on changelog.
    zmw0KSg.png

I was able to do update via twrp and make root..
    temp folder to find ota update.zip is \data\data\com.adups.fota\files\adupsfota (you need to unzip file and flash the other update.zip inside)
    http://imgur.com/DsuyT4w
    http://imgur.com/INpyqPw
    Hello guys. Did anyway try to update the new firmware or do u have to clean install and redownload all your apps again

Partition allocation is different from old rom, so PMT is changed and necessary to do a firmware upgrade to install new rom.
    I'm trying to mantain data after restore userdata backup from TWRP.
    stay tuned

First of all is necessary to Backup Userdata in TWRP (to external SD or if internal, move backup to pc)
    Flashed using Firmware Upgrade (it will format system, data and internal memory).
    Put TWRP 3.0.3 from Jemmini, using latest scatter of 20170216 stock rom
    Flash Supersu 2.79 SR3
    Restore Userdata from TWRP (previously copyed from pc to internal memory).

Everything seems to work correctly.
    Root doesn't aftect checking update. All the phones just don't get that at the same time. Wait for few days and I'm sure you'll get it :)

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Cab you please translate the changelog? My spanish is not that good when it comes to tech things :)
    The vibration that occurs in the home button can be disabled.
    Modified display brightness.
    The function screen-record is added.
    The call interface is optimized, reducing the delay.
    Vibration is reduced.
    The clock widget is modified, resolving the date problem shown that existed in some languages.
    Android keyboard stability is optimized.
    The battery life is optimized.
    New settings for the Notifications LED.

Enviado desde mi Apollo_Lite mediante Tapatalk
    this is latest OTA Changelog:
    083033f8s2js88yo8o8888.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone