[ELITE KERNEL][Honor 8] For Build CxxB36x by HassanMirza01

Search This thread

HassanMirza01

DESCRIPTION:
Hey guyz..... Me Hassan Mirza from Pakistan :)
Today am here with a new thread and I Have a good news for you....

As you know, The other methods are old now and also, in Nougat, there is root which needs to mount system each time you need to use it,,, so Today, your system mount and root problem solved... Phh or Magisk, you choose :)

Releasing Elite Kernel v2 ported from P9 Lite :)

Its PreRooted, System RW available for all time, Titanium backup works perfectly and Magisk work too for it to hide root :)

With this you can flash anything and see in SYSTEM ! VIPER...adaway no systemless...etc...

DISCLAIMER:
I will Provide correct info and help......All This you are gonna do is At your Own Risk... Damage to your device of any type is at your Own Responsibility,,, Don't point finger at me or I will Just Laugh at you...

Install:
1.) Download this Elite Kernel for Honor 8 CxxB36x v2
2.) Put in Root of SD Card.
3.) Flash this in Latest Recovery for Nougat.
4.) See if Superuser app installed, if not install Phh Superuser from google play.
5.) And you are ROOTED. :)

The file it's boot.img is based upon L04-C567B360, modded and signed for boot.

Its Adviced to remove pattern Lock and Fingerprint Lock before installing.... just adviced,,, :D

If you like, donate :D

Hit Thanks and Support me if you Like and get help from this thread...Thank you...

Changelog in 2nd post...

This is Based on Stock Huawei Kernel, Not compiled by Me...

Contributors:
@HassanMirza01 for doing all this :D :)
@phhusson for his wonderful work of making Phh superuser
@Telperion as he got my attention for doing this :D :)
Stable Release Date: 2017-04-27

Created on: 2017-04-04
Last Updated on: 2017-04-27

Last edited:

anks329

Oct 12, 2010
If the kernel is based on B360 then it should work with N and not MM. The Lineage rom right now is using the stock N kernel with no changes to it. They are not building a N kernel inline with Lineage as there's no source code out for it.

I guess my question is, would it be possible to flash Lineage, and then flash this kernel over it?

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
@HassanMirza01 -- kernel works and PHH SU works and can R/W /system/. One issue I noticed however is that "Revoke USB Debugging Authorizations" has disappeared from my Developer menu. On the Honor 8 with Nougat I frequently have to revoke and reset authorizations to get it to work properly. I was able to get it working again by flashing the stock boot and rooting with the linked zip.

Magisk, however, crashes the phone on installation attempt, even with SELinux set to permissive. It causes a reboot when 'setting up the environment' either through Magisk Manager or TWRP. It appears that the P9 Lite kernel must have proper loop support whereas the Honor 8 still doesn't even with tweaks. It was speculated that since on the P9 Lite Magisk wouldn't work on Nougat, but on the P9 Lite after flashing this kernel and flashing Magisk in permissive SELinux mode, it installed successfully, that a similar path might work on the Honor 8. Then again, perhaps something is workable.

Either way, thanks for looking into this. :good:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0zE1Kk8sIB6eVplODFjaTh4Q0U/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckOne79

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
Here's a log of what happens when I try to flash Magisk.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    75.8 KB · Views: 54

svardman

Jan 2, 2011
Here is a zipped boot.img for honor 8 frd-l19 C432b360

Attachments

• BOOT.img.zip
    192 bytes · Views: 41

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
bro send me recovery log,,, i cant understand the one you send above...
Unfortunately Recovery crashes before it can write what happened to the log. That kernel crash log up above is the closest info we can probably get.

I attached the TWRP log though anyway.

Attachments

• last_log.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 12

Telperion

Feb 20, 2011
Unfortunately Recovery crashes before it can write what happened to the log. That kernel crash log up above is the closest info we can probably get.

I attached the TWRP log though anyway.
Also another log, this one shows the beginning stages of the flash and where the crash happens. (Search Magisk in the text file)

Attachments

• dmesg-ramoops-0.txt
    214 KB · Views: 17

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
Expected release date: when kernel source comes out.
Just to makes this clear, we have no proper loop support and thats why magisk will not work (just take the dmesg from the user above as example, it tries to create a new loop volume and directly crashes ..)

Regards

Serpentdrago

Jan 8, 2013
Does the new version of TWRP thats released help this ?

I know i was finnaly able to just Flash TWRP > flash SUPERSU 2.79 to root and thats it ! no pre modfiied boot.img needed . perfectly working now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DESCRIPTION:
    Hey guyz..... Me Hassan Mirza from Pakistan :)
    Today am here with a new thread and I Have a good news for you....

As you know, The other methods are old now and also, in Nougat, there is root which needs to mount system each time you need to use it,,, so Today, your system mount and root problem solved... Phh or Magisk, you choose :)

Releasing Elite Kernel v2 ported from P9 Lite :)

Its PreRooted, System RW available for all time, Titanium backup works perfectly and Magisk work too for it to hide root :)

With this you can flash anything and see in SYSTEM ! VIPER...adaway no systemless...etc...

DISCLAIMER:
    I will Provide correct info and help......All This you are gonna do is At your Own Risk... Damage to your device of any type is at your Own Responsibility,,, Don't point finger at me or I will Just Laugh at you...

Install:
    1.) Download this Elite Kernel for Honor 8 CxxB36x v2
    2.) Put in Root of SD Card.
    3.) Flash this in Latest Recovery for Nougat.
    4.) See if Superuser app installed, if not install Phh Superuser from google play.
    5.) And you are ROOTED. :)

The file it's boot.img is based upon L04-C567B360, modded and signed for boot.

Its Adviced to remove pattern Lock and Fingerprint Lock before installing.... just adviced,,, :D

If you like, donate :D

Hit Thanks and Support me if you Like and get help from this thread...Thank you...

Changelog in 2nd post...

This is Based on Stock Huawei Kernel, Not compiled by Me...

Contributors:
    @HassanMirza01 for doing all this :D :)
    @phhusson for his wonderful work of making Phh superuser
    @Telperion as he got my attention for doing this :D :)
    Stable Release Date: 2017-04-27

Created on: 2017-04-04
    Last Updated on: 2017-04-27
    Actually.... I have made magisk supported on my P9 Lite as i own it.... But in case of other devices... I need to find the proper and unresistable way.... Releasing it within this week for P9 Lite...then for Honor 8 :) ETA 2weeks max

Hit thanks for more...
    Elite Kernel v2 releasing within 12h,,, with Proper Magisk support :)
    its patched for magisk and all done,,, need to fulfil my sleep so 12h ETA,,,

Stay tuned..

Hit thanks for support...
    Magisk v12 Released for P9 Lite today as i got some happiness so :p :D

Coming for Honor 8 within this week :)
    CHANGELOG:
    2017-04-04 Elite Kernel for B3xx by HassanMirza01@xda v1: Initial release,
    2017-04-27 Elite Kernel for B3xx by HassanMirza01@xda v2: The Most wanted MagiskSU released with Proper Support,,, Use with Cautions... :D ;)