eLocity A7 Tegra 2 froyo @ Bj's for $299 Now.

Search This thread

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Guesstimate I'd say around 8-10 hours depending on settings. Last night I was at 56% before bed and it was on for 3hrs 40 mins

No need to...it's already rooted out of the box. Just get a root file manager and you're golden. I've already muddled around and tried to follow the GTablet market hack but the Google Account Sign In part doesn't detect an internet connection so i'm stuck with market, maps (and navigation) and talk installed and can only use maps

you sure wifi was on when u did this?
I know on the archos fans site and on the nook color site there are apks or gapps files that can be installed that might be able to get you market gmail google voice.....
My tablet arrived yesterday but it was shipped to my brothers in florida since i am in canada and i wont be there till next week to try it so am trying to make sure i want it before opening or if i will just stick with my gtablet

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Ohhhhh man that was a helluva find. After I see the box with arrow coming out of it. I tapped home and i got the menu options. back is down, search is up, menu is select...

let the games begin!!!

Yeah, I figured out the controls right after I posted. I ran to the store to get a USB cable to see if I can connect to my linux box.

Does anybody know how different the recovery images and roms are from device to device? I don't know where to start with that stuff, so I thought I'd move on to trying to sideload apps and confirm that the device is rooted out of the box, like somebody said.
Billy

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
I got QuickSSH sideloaded and installed, no problem. It seems to be rooted, but I'm not sure how to be more certain. "SU" doesn't return anything - no errors, no confirmation.
Billy

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Anybody having trouble waking it up after it goes to sleep? I keep having to reboot mine
ugh.gif

Billy

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Anybody having trouble waking it up after it goes to sleep? I keep having to reboot mine
ugh.gif

Billy

Yeah, mine's acting strange. It keeps going into airplane mode and then going to sleep, then I can't wake it up without rebooting.

I've got another coming today, so I'll compare the two and see if I can get one working. This is a Christmas gift for the wifey, so hopefully I can!
sad.gif

Billy

jazzbone

Nov 4, 2010
Maryland
No need to...it's already rooted out of the box. Just get a root file manager and you're golden. I've already muddled around and tried to follow the GTablet market hack but the Google Account Sign In part doesn't detect an internet connection so i'm stuck with market, maps (and navigation) and talk installed and can only use maps

Can you explain the steps to install the Gtablet market hack? Thanks!

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Yeah, it's definitely rooted right out of the box, so that's really promising:
$ su
# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
#

It also shows what knuckleheads the tech/sales team at StreamTV are:
Hello Billy

Thank you for your interest in the eLocity A7. Apologies for the delayed response. ... Regarding rooting - the company advises against that.

Let us know if you have any other question. Thank you once again

Team eLocity
Visit us on www.elocitynow.com and Facebook

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Yeah, mine's acting strange. It keeps going into airplane mode and then going to sleep, then I can't wake it up without rebooting.

I've got another coming today, so I'll compare the two and see if I can get one working. This is a Christmas gift for the wifey, so hopefully I can!
sad.gif

Billy

its a known problem on all Tegra2 devices.. Nvidia seem to have ****ed up the device driver, so the SOD (Sleep of Death) cause the tegra2 device to never wake up again...

somehow latest drivers from nvidia resolved some issues, but on our Folio100 it also made it less compatible with other h/w feature folio provides, so its not most popular, but it works great.. maybe someone can build a custom rom with the added nvidia fixes for your device..

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Didnt work. Renamed "wps_supplicant" file to update because no other option elocity comes with android system recovery <1e>. I think i need to wait for clockworkMod support in order to flash this?

remember to do a "chmod 755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant" as well :)
you might look for a "wpa_tool" as well, and update the script, as the wpa_supplicant is started with a wrong device driver now, as the patched wpa_supplicant only works on our tegra2 with "wext" as device driver..

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
I plugged in a keyboard and it works great. I plugged in a mouse and it works too... just one little issue... no visible pointer! LOL. But, it does work other than that. Could be an easy fix.

I got YouTube loaded and it works great. HD vids look good.

Billy

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I plugged in a keyboard and it works great. I plugged in a mouse and it works too... just one little issue... no visible pointer! LOL. But, it does work other than that. Could be an easy fix.
fyi - no easy fix at all..

but maybe using the toshiba framework when someone gets to that stage, will resolve better bluetooth stack support (BT mouse/keyboard) + usb mouse support with pointer that actually moves.. Nvidia tegra2 stock image does not support it either, thats where your development primarily comes from.

Itaintrite

Feb 10, 2008
New York.
Update, I tried to return this puppy back to tigerdirect today and it's website says this can not be returned online.
What the heck does it mean? I need to call TG customer service, but don't have time now. This is lame.
For you who considering getting this puppy from TG, you have been warned.
I also bought from TD. Called their CSR and got email with RMA number right away. All it took was about 10 minutes of your time. I don't know why they wouldn't let you file a return online, but their CSR seems good enough.

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Anybody have any success picking up tethered wifi with elocity? I have an HTC hero running cm6 with wifi tether enabled or on and any device picks up the signal except for this Elocity A7. Anybody else?

you need patched "wpa_supplicant" from other xda threads here.. the Nvidia based wpa_supplicant only support out AP networks but not adhoc mode..
and then you probably need the "wext" driver, which means you loose signal indicator in status bar, but it works (on folio100 that is).

Mine connects to my CM6/Nexus One access point no problem, right out the gate.
dunno.gif

Billy

jazzbone

Nov 4, 2010
Maryland
Angry Birds

Someone posted on the Amazon page that they were able to resolve the problem with Angry Birds on their G tablet by updating the open gl driver. Also, on the Nvidia forum, this was posted:
Well after updating my Folio to a custom rom (put together by a user on the XDA Developers Forum) the Folio now has full OpenGL ES 2 support (which it did not have with the Toshbia release). This because XDA extracted the drivers from the latest Nvidia Android 2.2 release and now I can play games like Angry Birds without any problems. So it seems that Toshiba failed to include the correct drivers in their release. Thus making a fair amount of games unplayable on the device (if not using a custom rom).
I don't know how to update the driver, though.
Hope this info helps...

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone