Development elytraOS Official for OnePlus 9

will you donate to me so i can start dev for the 9 pro?

• Yes, i will donate.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No, i will not donate.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Android 13 is definitely a trickier OS to migrate to from its predecessor than previous releases. That being said, its still a pretty smooth process.

This is my 3rd OS of A 13 on this phone and they all had these problems, so this isnt a reflection of the ROM. All of my current testing is on this ROM and I dont feel this warrants its own post. If thats not appreciated OP, just let me know and I'll get rid of this.

So I am still having issues with a few apps, so it is definitely A 13 repeated. I am pretty sure it has something to do with google limiting accessibility options of side loaded apps. I solved this with my backup of choice, migrate by setting the apps origination point to the play store in any app I side loaded that is having issues. You do this by selecting the installer in the app section right before sterting the backup. You then just restore it right after and it is no longer limited by the OS

Screenshot_20220928-021353_Migrate-GPE.png

That leads me to what is also probably causing some of my issues. My backups retain permissions and permissions, especially notifications, are handled differently in A13 (for the better) Even just disabling notifications and re-enabling them doesnt quite cut it. The partial solution to this has been to not enable any permission restoration. Easiest way is to just make a fresh backup and check and then uncheck the whole.permissions line during backup

Screenshot_20220928-022155_Migrate-GPE.png

Still, even then, Android 13 may not deal with notifications properly until you delete the app, reinstall it fresh, open the app and allow or block notifications and THEN restore only the data from your back (just select the 3rd coloum)

Pretty sure if I only used google to restore backups, things would be more stable, but indeed my FOSS options.

Btw, if anyone wants to utilize Migrate, you can get it on the play store and read all about it on its XDA thread

I am also thinking my debloating may be causing an issue or 2, but that will just get easier as adaption grows.

My preferred reddit app of choice and Firefox browser/ Firefox beta kept crashing regardless of weather they came from a backup or not. Both apps would work fine for a few days then crash on start. Seemingly having something to do with being opened from doze, how its taking focus or something altogether. I messed with everythibg, including adjustment of every feature flag available. Now I am.just running fennec for Firefox and infinity for reddit, hoping that is the workaround for now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-022155_Migrate-GPE.png
    Screenshot_20220928-022155_Migrate-GPE.png
    236.3 KB · Views: 33

sheikh55

Nov 4, 2016
This rom is surprisingly unique 😁 didn't expect the refreshing ui touch for stock base roms which is quite good imo. Great work by the dev. I just want to know if we can change the intensity of haptics ?

Rasenkai99

Android 13 is definitely a trickier OS to migrate to from its predecessor than previous releases. That being said, its still a pretty smooth process.

This is my 3rd OS of A 13 on this phone and they all had these problems, so this isnt a reflection of the ROM. All of my current testing is on this ROM and I dont feel this warrants its own post. If thats not appreciated OP, just let me know and I'll get rid of this.

So I am still having issues with a few apps, so it is definitely A 13 repeated. I am pretty sure it has something to do with google limiting accessibility options of side loaded apps. I solved this with my backup of choice, migrate by setting the apps origination point to the play store in any app I side loaded that is having issues. You do this by selecting the installer in the app section right before sterting the backup. You then just restore it right after and it is no longer limited by the OS

View attachment 5722013

That leads me to what is also probably causing some of my issues. My backups retain permissions and permissions, especially notifications, are handled differently in A13 (for the better) Even just disabling notifications and re-enabling them doesnt quite cut it. The partial solution to this has been to not enable any permission restoration. Easiest way is to just make a fresh backup and check and then uncheck the whole.permissions line during backup

View attachment 5722017

Still, even then, Android 13 may not deal with notifications properly until you delete the app, reinstall it fresh, open the app and allow or block notifications and THEN restore only the data from your back (just select the 3rd coloum)

Pretty sure if I only used google to restore backups, things would be more stable, but indeed my FOSS options.

Btw, if anyone wants to utilize Migrate, you can get it on the play store and read all about it on its XDA thread

I am also thinking my debloating may be causing an issue or 2, but that will just get easier as adaption grows.

My preferred reddit app of choice and Firefox browser/ Firefox beta kept crashing regardless of weather they came from a backup or not. Both apps would work fine for a few days then crash on start. Seemingly having something to do with being opened from doze, how its taking focus or something altogether. I messed with everythibg, including adjustment of every feature flag available. Now I am.just running fennec for Firefox and infinity for reddit, hoping that is the workaround for now.
I'm sure half the issues are probably due to the migrate app not being updated for the new a13 api.
Other than that, permissions have changed from 12 to 13. Not every thing may work.
Have you considered installing the apps from playstore and then restoring just data (if that is possible) ?

Reactions: Vmo x

Vmo x

Sep 16, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
The UI is pretty damn cool, so clean and smooth pretty much what any custom rom enthusiast could ask for., I am extremely pleased with blur features as others described.. I would like to know is there a way I can modify the tile rows with a magisk module or something?

Rasenkai99

The UI is pretty damn cool, so clean and smooth pretty much what any custom rom enthusiast could ask for., I am extremely pleased with blur features as others described.. I would like to know is there a way I can modify the tile rows with a magisk module or something?
U mean add extra rows? Maybe a magisk module might be around, i'm not sure, I've seen such a module on my group tho, try asking there.
You can add or remove tiles in qs though.

Reactions: Vmo x

Rasenkai99

i have received several requests to make builds for the 9 pro, however i cannot do so without a device. 9 pro is also the reason i cannot make a point release for my kernel as i have got many bug reports on it. i have put a poll upon which results i will either start a crowdfund for a 9 pro or completely drop support on my kernel for it.

Reactions: luckylui and Vmo x

WesTD

Nov 22, 2013
Eskişehir
OnePlus 9
Wow. Just....wow. I came from another A 13 and, while it had OOS Cam (which isn't huge for me, I can use a GCam modded specifically for OnePlus 9) it was crashing all the time.

I came to xda today to see what ROM to downgrade to and noticed another A13. Perfect, time to see if the problems I had are on that as well.

Nope. Not only does it have none of the issues, Google dialer is pixel (edit: no it isn't. if you want it, see my edit at the end), nfc and Google pay are functional by default and was the smoothest conversation I've had in a long, long time.

I was worried that my preferred backup and restore feature (migrate on the play store) was the cause, but I restored my backup, set my zygote and then carried out the Google one time init that was waiting for me. It all went swimmingly.

To those looking for a how-to, as long as you're on c63 update from OnePlus (which most roms already were requiring for a month now) all you need to do is grab the boot, vendor_boot and dtbo from this roms zip via fastboot enhance (or search these forums for it)
EDIT: *caution* - I have uploaded the extracted images and have them hosted on mega for anyone who really needs it done for them. I do not suggest you use them as you are taking yourself out of the process of verification and thus, if something goes wrong, you have no idea if any of these were the cause or not. I really suggest payload.bin or Fastboot Enhance (FE has a super simple GUI system, nothing to it.) That being said, if you don't care.
Here is the Mega link with all 3 files extracted from the current release, as of this message, named elytra-3.0-trident-lemonade-official-1750-20220924.zip (Edit Again: I uploaded the OP9 GCam mod and pixelify magisk mod, too, just in case)

then just flash all 3 in fastboot.

And then use the volume keys to change the boot option to recovery and hit power.

Perform a factory reset, back out to main menu and select apply update, adb sideload.

Then in your fastboot console, type

adb sideload nameofzip.zip

When it's finished, reboot to the OS or, if you root as well, go to advanced and reboot to recovery again and sideload the magisk's just like you did the ROM.

You will need to click yes on your phone for magisk, as it's signature isn't verifiable. Once it's done, you're golden.

Thank you so much, OP. This is beyond impressive so far. My only criticism is that ugly boot image :) , But the similar 8-bit style of the ROMs name splash is great.

Beyond the superficial critique, this is beyond impressive.

Edit: If you NEED google Pixels AI call screening like myself, There are a handful of solutions out there ranging from google dialer magisk mods, google dialer mod apks and magisk hide props, so you can simulate a pixel and get them to function. I was having issues with all 3. So I used an older option I had, the pixelify magisk mod. Low and behold, that did it!. I have attached the zip for your convince. When installing you need to test your volume keys and then select what to install, the ONLY thing I installed was the google dialer, the rest is not needed or already installed. Reboot and your dialer should now have Hold for Me, Call Screening and Direct My Call. Just know all 3 rely on having google app installed. The Lens service in the google app is amazing too, so you might as well use that, since the dialer needs the app already.

Hi. I'm on oos13 ob1 with op9. How can I use macro mode on your gcam?

sheikh55

Nov 4, 2016
Fp icon in banking apps while unlocking them appears to be a little bit downside than fp actual placement.

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Hi. I'm on oos13 ob1 with op9. How can I use macro mode on your gcam?
its not mine, someone in a telegram group shared it from another ROM and i honestly forgot exactly which one, maybe stag or crdroid. One thing i noticed is widescreen was not possible.

Nothing against this ROM, as its the most stable OP9 A13 ROM ive tried on any device, but A13 is just broken for me. video playback on most of my apss just stop funcitoning. i am probably downgrading to A12.1 or possibly even trying OOS13. just too early for A13 dialy driver for me.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Google Pixel 7 Pro
its not mine, someone in a telegram group shared it from another ROM and i honestly forgot exactly which one, maybe stag or crdroid. One thing i noticed is widescreen was not possible.

Nothing against this ROM, as its the most stable OP9 A13 ROM ive tried on any device, but A13 is just broken for me. video playback on most of my apss just stop funcitoning. i am probably downgrading to A12.1 or possibly even trying OOS13. just too early for A13 dialy driver for me.
I would just give OOS13 a try. I've been running it since the day it dropped and have zero major complaints about it. I mean I was ready to switch to iPhone and now I'm wondering if I should get an 11 Pro because my reason for using a custom ROM was because of garbage stock software.

Vmo x

Sep 16, 2014
OnePlus 9 Pro
i have received several requests to make builds for the 9 pro, however i cannot do so without a device. 9 pro is also the reason i cannot make a point release for my kernel as i have got many bug reports on it. i have put a poll upon which results i will either start a crowdfund for a 9 pro or completely drop support on my kernel for it.
Awesome work man been running for a few days no issues here.
when will the proper install guide be posted?
It is the same as all ROMs. As OP mention you need to flash appropriate files before flashing rom.

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
I would just give OOS13 a try. I've been running it since the day it dropped and have zero major complaints about it. I mean I was ready to switch to iPhone and now I'm wondering if I should get an 11 Pro because my reason for using a custom ROM was because of garbage stock software.
I swapped back to pixel 12 for now just for stability sake. As for iPhone, I can near go back. Mainly, for the fact my .me account kept getting compromised by someone in china and apple refused to do anything about it. (Region lock, 2 factor) and while I'm sure its different now, it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I also dont like they sold mobile devices for a year under the false pretenses of blocking ad trackers, when in reality they were just blocking them to prop up their own new tracking system. Not saying google is any better at all, but I can always at least have the option to root (knock on wood) and jialbreaks were always at the mercy of someone finding an exploit.

You do what's best for you, though. I'd personally hate seeing youre presence dwindle here, but thats just my selfishness shining.

I'll def try OOS13 sometime. It looks beautiful. For now, I am happy with a return to stability.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
I'm sure half the issues are probably due to the migrate app not being updated for the new a13 api.
Other than that, permissions have changed from 12 to 13. Not every thing may work.
Have you considered installing the apps from playstore and then restoring just data (if that is possible) ?
Yeah I didnt use migrate the 2nd install and had video issues. I'm not sure exactly why. I am hoping time truely heals all and just works in a few months when I try again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    will the new build be coming soon?
    no new build this month, unfortunately, as i have exams ongoing.
    next build in december.
    Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    elytraOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system with the aim of keeping things minimal and fast.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/elytraOS

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/elytraOS
    Kernel Source-Kernel
    New build is up with October patch merged in! Enjoy :cowboy:
    Wow. Just....wow. I came from another A 13 and, while it had OOS Cam (which isn't huge for me, I can use a GCam modded specifically for OnePlus 9) it was crashing all the time.

I came to xda today to see what ROM to downgrade to and noticed another A13. Perfect, time to see if the problems I had are on that as well.

Nope. Not only does it have none of the issues, Google dialer is pixel (edit: no it isn't. if you want it, see my edit at the end), nfc and Google pay are functional by default and was the smoothest conversation I've had in a long, long time.

I was worried that my preferred backup and restore feature (migrate on the play store) was the cause, but I restored my backup, set my zygote and then carried out the Google one time init that was waiting for me. It all went swimmingly.

To those looking for a how-to, as long as you're on c63 update from OnePlus (which most roms already were requiring for a month now) all you need to do is grab the boot, vendor_boot and dtbo from this roms zip via fastboot enhance (or search these forums for it)
    EDIT: *caution* - I have uploaded the extracted images and have them hosted on mega for anyone who really needs it done for them. I do not suggest you use them as you are taking yourself out of the process of verification and thus, if something goes wrong, you have no idea if any of these were the cause or not. I really suggest payload.bin or Fastboot Enhance (FE has a super simple GUI system, nothing to it.) That being said, if you don't care.
    Here is the Mega link with all 3 files extracted from the current release, as of this message, named elytra-3.0-trident-lemonade-official-1750-20220924.zip (Edit Again: I uploaded the OP9 GCam mod and pixelify magisk mod, too, just in case)

then just flash all 3 in fastboot.

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

And then use the volume keys to change the boot option to recovery and hit power.

Perform a factory reset, back out to main menu and select apply update, adb sideload.

Then in your fastboot console, type

adb sideload nameofzip.zip

When it's finished, reboot to the OS or, if you root as well, go to advanced and reboot to recovery again and sideload the magisk's just like you did the ROM.

You will need to click yes on your phone for magisk, as it's signature isn't verifiable. Once it's done, you're golden.

Thank you so much, OP. This is beyond impressive so far. My only criticism is that ugly boot image :) , But the similar 8-bit style of the ROMs name splash is great.

Beyond the superficial critique, this is beyond impressive.

Edit: If you NEED google Pixels AI call screening like myself, There are a handful of solutions out there ranging from google dialer magisk mods, google dialer mod apks and magisk hide props, so you can simulate a pixel and get them to function. I was having issues with all 3. So I used an older option I had, the pixelify magisk mod. Low and behold, that did it!. I have attached the zip for your convince. When installing you need to test your volume keys and then select what to install, the ONLY thing I installed was the google dialer, the rest is not needed or already installed. Reboot and your dialer should now have Hold for Me, Call Screening and Direct My Call. Just know all 3 rely on having google app installed. The Lens service in the google app is amazing too, so you might as well use that, since the dialer needs the app already.
    will the new build be coming soon?
    no new build this month, unfortunately, as i have exams ongoing.
    next build in december.
    /* Disclaimer */

I have made a kernel posted on oneplus 9 pro threads (
    LINK)

post flashing the ROM, it's best to flash my kernel for best usecase scenario :cool: