Development elytraOS Official for OnePlus 9

will you donate to me so i can start dev for the 9 pro?

• Yes, i will donate.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No, i will not donate.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

sheikh55

Nov 4, 2016
It'd be really good if we get proper flashing instructions with specific recovery and files to use. If it includes fw or do we have to be on any specific fw before flashing.

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
Wow. Just....wow. I came from another A 13 and, while it had OOS Cam (which isn't huge for me, I can use a GCam modded specifically for OnePlus 9) it was crashing all the time.

I came to xda today to see what ROM to downgrade to and noticed another A13. Perfect, time to see if the problems I had are on that as well.

Nope. Not only does it have none of the issues, Google dialer is pixel (edit: no it isn't. if you want it, see my edit at the end), nfc and Google pay are functional by default and was the smoothest conversation I've had in a long, long time.

I was worried that my preferred backup and restore feature (migrate on the play store) was the cause, but I restored my backup, set my zygote and then carried out the Google one time init that was waiting for me. It all went swimmingly.

To those looking for a how-to, as long as you're on c63 update from OnePlus (which most roms already were requiring for a month now) all you need to do is grab the boot, vendor_boot and dtbo from this roms zip via fastboot enhance (or search these forums for it)
EDIT: *caution* - I have uploaded the extracted images and have them hosted on mega for anyone who really needs it done for them. I do not suggest you use them as you are taking yourself out of the process of verification and thus, if something goes wrong, you have no idea if any of these were the cause or not. I really suggest payload.bin or Fastboot Enhance (FE has a super simple GUI system, nothing to it.) That being said, if you don't care.
Here is the Mega link with all 3 files extracted from the current release, as of this message, named elytra-3.0-trident-lemonade-official-1750-20220924.zip (Edit Again: I uploaded the OP9 GCam mod and pixelify magisk mod, too, just in case)

then just flash all 3 in fastboot.

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

And then use the volume keys to change the boot option to recovery and hit power.

Perform a factory reset, back out to main menu and select apply update, adb sideload.

Then in your fastboot console, type

adb sideload nameofzip.zip

When it's finished, reboot to the OS or, if you root as well, go to advanced and reboot to recovery again and sideload the magisk's just like you did the ROM.

You will need to click yes on your phone for magisk, as it's signature isn't verifiable. Once it's done, you're golden.

Thank you so much, OP. This is beyond impressive so far. My only criticism is that ugly boot image :) , But the similar 8-bit style of the ROMs name splash is great.

Beyond the superficial critique, this is beyond impressive.

Edit: If you NEED google Pixels AI call screening like myself, There are a handful of solutions out there ranging from google dialer magisk mods, google dialer mod apks and magisk hide props, so you can simulate a pixel and get them to function. I was having issues with all 3. So I used an older option I had, the pixelify magisk mod. Low and behold, that did it!. I have attached the zip for your convince. When installing you need to test your volume keys and then select what to install, the ONLY thing I installed was the google dialer, the rest is not needed or already installed. Reboot and your dialer should now have Hold for Me, Call Screening and Direct My Call. Just know all 3 rely on having google app installed. The Lens service in the google app is amazing too, so you might as well use that, since the dialer needs the app already.

Attachments

• pixelify-v2.02.zip
    29.5 MB · Views: 44
  • GCAM_8.4.400.42.XX_SHAMIM_V9.apk
    133.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Rasenkai99

May 6, 2018
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Wow. Just....wow. I came from another A 13 and, while it had OOS Cam (which isn't huge for me, I can use a GCam modded specifically for OnePlus 9) it was crashing all the time.

I came to xda today to see what ROM to downgrade to and noticed another A13. Perfect, time to see if the problems I had are on that as well.

Nope. Not only does it have none of the issues, Google dialer is pixel (edit: no it isn't. if you want it, see my edit at the end), nfc and Google pay are functional by default and was the smoothest conversation I've had in a long, long time.

I was worried that my preferred backup and restore feature (migrate on the play store) was the cause, but I restored my backup, set my zygote and then carried out the Google one time init that was waiting for me. It all went swimmingly.

To those looking for a how-to, as long as you're on c63 update from OnePlus (which most roms already were requiring for a month now) all you need to do is grab the boot, vendor_boot and dtbo from this roms zip via fastboot enhance (or search these forums for it)
EDIT: *caution* - I have uploaded the extracted images and have them hosted on mega for anyone who really needs it done for them. I do not suggest you use them as you are taking yourself out of the process of verification and thus, if something goes wrong, you have no idea if any of these were the cause or not. I really suggest payload.bin or Fastboot Enhance (FE has a super simple GUI system, nothing to it.) That being said, if you don't care.
Here is the Mega link with all 3 files extracted from the current release, as of this message, named elytra-3.0-trident-lemonade-official-1750-20220924.zip (Edit Again: I uploaded the OP9 GCam mod and pixelify magisk mod, too, just in case)

And then use the volume keys to change the boot option to recovery and hit power.

Perform a factory reset, back out to main menu and select apply update, adb sideload.

When it's finished, reboot to the OS or, if you root as well, go to advanced and reboot to recovery again and sideload the magisk's just like you did the ROM.

You will need to click yes on your phone for magisk, as it's signature isn't verifiable. Once it's done, you're golden.

Thank you so much, OP. This is beyond impressive so far. My only criticism is that ugly boot image :) , But the similar 8-bit style of the ROMs name splash is great.

Edit: If you NEED google Pixels AI call screening like myself, There are a handful of solutions out there ranging from google dialer magisk mods, google dialer mod apks and magisk hide props, so you can simulate a pixel and get them to function. I was having issues with all 3. So I used an older option I had, the pixelify magisk mod. Low and behold, that did it!. I have attached the zip for your convince. When installing you need to test your volume keys and then select what to install, the ONLY thing I installed was the google dialer, the rest is not needed or already installed. Reboot and your dialer should now have Hold for Me, Call Screening and Direct My Call. Just know all 3 rely on having google app installed. The Lens service in the google app is amazing too, so you might as well use that, since the dialer needs the app already.

thank you very much. as this is the initial build, i am looking for constant feedback.
i am looking forward to all forms of ciriticism. would love to hear all my user's opinions. :cowboy:

Reactions: TheLod and Vmo x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
    * It is your fault because you chose to do all the modifications on your device.
    * Remember projects like these and the work done on them is a hobby to the
    * contributors and the team members, no one is working for you nor is getting paid for it
    * have some respect for the work done by them since it is done purely on interest or a hobby
    */

ABOUT
    elytraOS
    is an Android Open Source Project based Android mobile operating system with the aim of keeping things minimal and fast.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/elytraOS

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

GPL compliance:
    ROM Source
    - https://github.com/elytraOS
    Kernel Source-Kernel
    /* Disclaimer */

I have made a kernel posted on oneplus 9 pro threads (
    LINK)

post flashing the ROM, it's best to flash my kernel for best usecase scenario :cool:
    New build is up with October patch merged in! Enjoy :cowboy:

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img

will the new build be coming soon?
    no new build this month, unfortunately, as i have exams ongoing.
    next build in december.