• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Email app

Search This thread

zippy01

Jul 26, 2012
Nvm got it from my XZ1 and attached it here if anyone wants. ?

Attachments

• com.sonymobile.email.apk
    11.1 MB · Views: 667

zippy01

Jul 26, 2012
I spent a while trying to figure out where this had gone but a suggestion that popped up on the settings page said to use the GMail app instead, which now supports accounts with POP3 or IMAP.
I hate the Gmail app always have and I use my own email server to keep prying eyes away it'll be silly of me to let that slip by using a Google app ?

Sent from my Sony J8210 using XDA Labs

Dioser

Oct 20, 2010
Why not just use Outlook, as comes with the phone? Has dark mode, calander sync and likewise,from inside the app. I use it prior to Gmail's own, on Xperia 5.

Last edited:

yekollu

Mar 19, 2013
Berlin
Why not just use Outlook, as comes with the phone? Has dark mode, calander sync and likewise,from inside the app. I use it prior to Gmail's own, on Xperia 5.

Somehow I do not find the Outlook interface as user-friendly as Sony's email app? And the last time I tried it on my Xz1 Compact, there was no option to display the calendar in System/Google Calendar..... let me give it a try now

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Nope still does not sync calendar... does only inside the app....

Just tried Nine and it looks good

Reactions: Dioser

Dioser

Oct 20, 2010
Somehow I do not find the Outlook interface as user-friendly as Sony's email app? And the last time I tried it on my Xz1 Compact, there was no option to display the calendar in System/Google Calendar..... let me give it a try now

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Here Outlook syncs with g calander both ways, and to 3rd party widgets and back. Just tried again to be sure.

zippy01

Jul 26, 2012
It is turning out to be a massive battery drain :( Overall a bit disappointed with this Xperia 5..... Xperia actions is gone as well, also am stuck with vertical app drawer

I don't really notice the battery drain as I've always charged my phone twice a day being a heavy user.

The vertical app drawer is proving annoying. Reordering apps is not smooth and no support for icon appearance ?

Sent from my Sony J8210 using XDA Labs

Mar 4, 2011
Oslo
Can the Sony Email app be used on non-sony devices? I just moved from my XZ2 Compact to a Samsung Galaxy S10e and the stock email app is horrible. In desperation I downloaded Outlook for Android to see if that would help, but that's even worse.

If it can't be used, are there any alternatives that look, feel and behave as identically as possible to the Sony Email app?

Last edited:

paulle

Nov 1, 2010
Can the Sony Email app be used on non-sony devices? I just moved from my XZ2 Compact to a Samsung Galaxy S10e and the stock email app is horrible. In desperation I downloaded Outlook for Android to see if that would help, but that's even worse.

If it can't be used, are there any alternatives that look, feel and behave as identically as possible to the Sony Email app?

Why not use k9 for email it's a very good mail client. Available in playstore and f-droid. In f-droid there are also prereleases too (the k9 people are doing a big overhaul of k9 just the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.