Emergency Calls Only after flashing with Odin (IMEI Status: NG)

Search This thread

juann1e

Jan 30, 2022
Hello, apologies for the lengthy post.
I bought a used G780F, noticed it was rooted after taking home, but no big deal. Tried flashing it with Odin with HOME CSC, but it got stuck in a bootloop so I had to factory reset it, but it managed to update and everything was fine until I noticed emergency calls only...
I checked the IMEI status on my countries website, it was blocked for not being registered, so the carrier unblocked it and I just had to wait to get signal again. It's been a week since it got unblocked, so I should be getting service. The carrier told me it's unlocked so it's likely an issue with the phone, and I believe so too. My IMEI and S/N show up fine when using *#06#, I've basically tried every fix except Chimera tool as the license is way too expensive for me right now. Any help or advice would appreciated, thanks so much!

You can contact me via Reddit or on discord

Last edited:

Tevin99

Sep 11, 2022
MOD EDIT: WHATSAPP MOBILE NUMBER REMOVED | SELF-PROMOTION IS NOT ALLOWED

please contact me if you solved the problem...experiencing the same on my same device

Last edited by a moderator:

AmrMYousef

May 23, 2018
I bought a used G780F, noticed it was rooted after taking home, but no big deal. Tried flashing it with Odin with HOME CSC, but it got stuck in a bootloop so I had to factory reset it, but it managed to update and everything was fine until I noticed emergency calls only...
I checked the IMEI status on my countries website, it was blocked for not being registered, so the carrier unblocked it and I just had to wait to get signal again. It's been a week since it got unblocked, so I should be getting service. The carrier told me it's unlocked so it's likely an issue with the phone, and I believe so too. My IMEI and S/N show up fine when using *#06#, I've basically tried every fix except Chimera tool as the license is way too expensive for me right now. Any help or advice would appreciated, thanks so much!

Well, I have the same exact issue.

I found out that this is a live demo unit that has been modified to run on a fake IMEI number to make calls.

My concern was that the root was interfering with my banking app and so I had to flash a new firmware to remove the root.

Interestingly, when I tried to remove it prior to flashing it kept coming back everytime I reboot the phone.

7odaifa_ab

Jan 10, 2021
Well, I have the same exact issue.

I found out that this is a live demo unit that has been modified to run on a fake IMEI number to make calls.

My concern was that the root was interfering with my banking app and so I had to flash a new firmware to remove the root.

Interestingly, when I tried to remove it prior to flashing it kept coming back everytime I reboot the phone.
I literally did the same, but I already knew that my phone is a Live Demo, and I took my chances and got Status NG, so I re Rooted the phone and went to a Software Shop that fixed the IMEI for 5$, and yesterday I updated the Magsik App and got the IMEI Status back and looking for what the shop did, as I confirmed he didn't use Chimera tool

Mr Hassan

Account currently disabled
Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 10 Pro
I literally did the same, but I already knew that my phone is a Live Demo, and I took my chances and got Status NG, so I re Rooted the phone and went to a Software Shop that fixed the IMEI for 5$, and yesterday I updated the Magsik App and got the IMEI Status back and looking for what the shop did, as I confirmed he didn't use Chimera tool
I can do the same

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.