***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

iiigeorgievi

May 22, 2013
Lovech, Sofia
Please help, I wanted to FACTORY reset but i formatted everything in my phone HTC ONE S C2 (S3) so now I am in TWRP and I dont wanna restart because the recovery says that I dont have system installed. What should I do? PLEASE!

I can mount USB bot dont know what to install. I was with poppy kernel and offical firmware for HTC

Darealboot

Jan 28, 2013
Please help, I wanted to FACTORY reset but i formatted everything in my phone HTC ONE S C2 (S3) so now I am in TWRP and I dont wanna restart because the recovery says that I dont have system installed. What should I do? PLEASE!

I can mount USB bot dont know what to install. I was with poppy kernel and offical firmware for HTC
Factory reset through bootloader? I think you have flash stock recovery for that.

sent from my evolte courtesy sense5 port.

Sheppington

Jan 12, 2011
Help

Try clearing your cache in fastboot:
fastboot erase cache

Alright but since I wasn't getting any answers last night, I RUU'ed my phone as a last ditch effort and the sd card is wiped now, I'm fine with that, just a bunch of pictures lost :\ But how would you suggest trying to flash the newer version and the kernel because I tried it again last night thinking I did something wrong and it still gave me the same result when I rebooted to recovery to flash the zip of the kernel, after I had flashed boot.img in fastboot. It's fixed in the sense that I'm getting no error with the "Unable to mount /cache" today in recovery but I'm afraid to flash anything now because I don't want to have to wipe everything again, I did an RUU 3 times before I got it right

In this order, starting fresh from the second RUU I did that worked CORRECTLY last night: (This is all through TWRP latest version btw)
1. Upgrade Hboot with "fastboot oem rebootRUU"
2. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
-Phone is still S-Off from the beginning, hboot is now 2.15
3. Boot to recovery
4. Wipe Dalvik and Cache and flashed new rom version(I've seen this referred to as a dirty flash, when you are simply upgrading the same rom but a diff. version) as I did not prefer a full wipe
5. Reboot to bootloader, flash boot.img from the Twisted Kernel Zip, VI Generation 2, with fastboot on PC
6. Reboot to recovery, flashed the Twisted Kernel Zip, as i've been told to do to get the "full effect"
7. Wiped cache/dalvik, at which point it stated "Unable to mount /cache"
8. Now I can't flash anything without errors
9. Worried I have bricked my phone, did the third RUU, decided just to restore my nandroid of the previous rom version, same kernel, that was working beautifully (I'm running this as i type) before this all happened
End result: Confused, My goal is to Update to the new version of Codename Lungo, and install the same kernel I have now, I'm going to try a full wipe and a fresh flash of them both, as I never did that, I just want to confirm that I haven't screwed my phone permanantly.

Darealboot

Jan 28, 2013
I format internal SD and system. So after factoryreset - bootloop.

After you flash stock recovery, you may have to ruu through bootloader. The ruu will have an hboot upgrade, radio updates, and either stock ics or jb. Depending on which you choose. Be careful! If you flash an older ruu and have a newer hboot you may brick your phone. Just make sure you read very thoroughly and follow directions to the t. Don't deviate or skip steps. Once you have the ruu it should automatically factory reset. You can't factory reset with an sd card that's wiped because there's nothing for the bootloader to read or pull from.

touch of jobo

Oct 21, 2008
Groningen
End result: Confused, My goal is to Update to the new version of Codename Lungo, and install the same kernel I have now, I'm going to try a full wipe and a fresh flash of them both, as I never did that, I just want to confirm that I haven't screwed my phone permanantly.
I don't run that ROM or kernel, so I don't know whether you did anything wrong. Nothing obvious (to me) anyway. From what you describe, your phone is fine, you're s-off and you can RUU-flash firmware at will. My response was to fix the issue of recovery not mounting cache partition.

Reactions: Sheppington

Droid_99

Jun 21, 2013
I think I deleted the OS

Hello I am a bit of a noob when it comes to ROMs and other things. Two days ago I tried to flash the pacman rom version 23.0.0 from the Carbon nightlies. I followed the installation process on the pacman forum but when I tried to flash the modded gapps that the post said I needed in TWRP 2.5 it failed so I tried to restore a nandroid that I had made that day and that said it was successful but it only restored about 80mbs of data and then it rebooted to the regular system and then just turned off. I booted into bootloader and tried to get into my recovery but I couldn't do anything because when I did my factory reset it wiped everything except for my recovery. So I tried to connect to my PC but once it saw my phone it said I needed to format my phone to access the files. At this point I was thinking of flashing an RUU through fastboot so I followed a guide on xda on how to flash the RUU.

Steps:

1. relock the bootloader by typing fastboot oem lock into a command prompt
2. fastboot oem rebootRUU
3. and lastly fastboot flash zip RUU.zip

Everything was successful except for the last step when it failed saying:
<bootloader> signature checking
FAILED <remote: 12 signature verify fail>

Now if I unplug the phone it would either take me back to bootloader and my only option would be RUU which does nothing or it just stays on a weird htc logo screen.

My hboot is 2.15.000 and my radio is 1.11.50.05.28, Tampered and Relocked I am also S-on

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT______________________

I managed to fix my phone after 3 days of trying everything and here are the steps that I used

1: reboot into fast boot by holding down power until buttons stopped flashing went back since it didn't have anywhere else to boot
2: fast boot unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin in cmd
3: fast boot flash recovery recovery. zip
4: try to mount storage and if prompted in windows format the phone
5: wipe external storage in recovery
6:fast boot flashed boot boot.IMG
7:mount SD card in recovery and create two folders in Windows one being superuser and second one being ROMs. Put superuser in the superuser folder and the ROM and gapps in the ROM folder
8: unmount
9:flash the superuser zip file wipe cache and dalvik
10: factory reset
11:Flash ROM and gapps
12: Enjoy your phone again

Last edited:

TheForumTroll

Sep 30, 2010
I've asked this other places already but never get a reply, so here goes nothing:

Where does android get MMS / APN settings from?

Just wondering, since they aren't correct for the networks I use. For example, Telenor MMS port is 9023 (or something like that) but the correct setting is port 8080 ...

HTC gets them right, but all custom ROMs I have tried (a lot) have the same none working settings.

Anyone?

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
damn... need help here fellas, so I was trying to sim unlock my htc one s, and i sort of screwed the pooch when i ran out of attempts =/ anyway to fix that? now it just says to call costumer care whenever i insert a different sim.... I don't know why it didn't work either... it should have, i messed up the first two attempts thinking it was a different number i got, but the last attempt should have worked.

TheForumTroll

Sep 30, 2010
You entered the wrong pin code? Then you need a puk code I would think. If you don't have it you normally get it by logging in on your providers homepage or calling them. It's the sim that is locked, not the phone.

- Sent from here to there

Reactions: Myst3ry

ChrisDang

Apr 23, 2009
Hello everyone and thanks ahead of time for your help regarding my issue. So I've done a lot of things to my One S but for some reason all of a sudden the wifi is no longer working for me. I am not a complete noob regarding this stuff but I am not an expert on coding and whatnot, so here's what I know to tell you now:

• I'm S-OFF
  • I have the S4 version
  • Running Android version 4.0.3 at the moment (was running 4.1 I believe but I restored to 4.0.3 hoping it would resolve the wifi issue)
  • Software number 1.84.532.2 710RD
  • I am on the 1.09 one (hboot I think?)
  • Baseband version 1.13.50.05.25_10.29.50.08L

I'm using the phone without a SIM card in it right now (but wifi still doesn't work with a SIM card). When I first set-up the phone, my router is on the list of available WiFi connections but after entering the password it's only listed as "Saved" and doesn't connect, and when I click it to connect it just says it's connecting but then it stops trying. If I manage to get through the setup without WiFi, (sometimes at this point the phone will start restarting itself over and over again but I've gotten it to stop restarting) attempting to simply turn on wifi results in "Error" being listed.

I've tried installing two or three other ROMs hoping it'll fix the issue but the WiFi still doesn't work. Any help? Thank you!

Oh yeah and I've tried installing the tmus113 radio from here but it didn't help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
You entered the wrong pin code? Then you need a puk code I would think. If you don't have it you normally get it by logging in on your providers homepage or calling them. It's the sim that is locked, not the phone.

- Sent from here to there

*facepalm* yeah i realized that later in the night haha. luckily it was just a spare throw away sim i had, so not needed, just wanted to check with unlock code was good.

but thank you for your reply! looking forward to some more hands on time to this ridiculously tiny phone! (coming from a note 2)

ChrisDang

Apr 23, 2009
Hello everyone and thanks ahead of time for your help regarding my issue. So I've done a lot of things to my One S but for some reason all of a sudden the wifi is no longer working for me. I am not a complete noob regarding this stuff but I am not an expert on coding and whatnot, so here's what I know to tell you now:

• I'm S-OFF
  • I have the S4 version
  • Running Android version 4.0.3 at the moment (was running 4.1 I believe but I restored to 4.0.3 hoping it would resolve the wifi issue)
  • Software number 1.84.532.2 710RD
  • I am on the 1.09 one (hboot I think?)
  • Baseband version 1.13.50.05.25_10.29.50.08L

I'm using the phone without a SIM card in it right now (but wifi still doesn't work with a SIM card). When I first set-up the phone, my router is on the list of available WiFi connections but after entering the password it's only listed as "Saved" and doesn't connect, and when I click it to connect it just says it's connecting but then it stops trying. If I manage to get through the setup without WiFi, (sometimes at this point the phone will start restarting itself over and over again but I've gotten it to stop restarting) attempting to simply turn on wifi results in "Error" being listed.

I've tried installing two or three other ROMs hoping it'll fix the issue but the WiFi still doesn't work. Any help? Thank you!

Oh yeah and I've tried installing the tmus113 radio from here but it didn't help. Thanks!
Going to try installing a new kernel and new ROM and see if that helps.

Anyone have any advice?

Edit: I fixed my issue. May not work for everyone but I just manually updated the phone via HTC's website to 4.1.1. I'm fine with being on stock; I'm just happy I have WiFi now.

Last edited:

Darealboot

Jan 28, 2013
Going to try installing a new kernel and new ROM and see if that helps.

Anyone have any advice?

Edit: I fixed my issue. May not work for everyone but I just manually updated the phone via HTC's website to 4.1.1. I'm fine with being on stock; I'm just happy I have WiFi now.

Not sure about this, but is there a flashable WiFi partition out there? Might be something to look in to. My buddies rezound is like that.

darman96

Feb 21, 2013
Help SD Mount Failed / Cant install CWM

Hi
my problem is that when i go into the recovery system of my HTC One S it shows a red triangle and if i press Volume Up + Power i get into the recovery and there is an error which says something like "SD Card Mount Failed!"

Also i tried to flash a new Recovery (CWM) but it always stucks at "sending recovery".

Please Help !

myechophone

Aug 14, 2011
I had stock TMOUS. I recently unlocked and decided to root the phone. Got the root using the AIO root toolkit. All was fine. I installed RomToolBoxpro. Downloaded Avatar rom. Installed it from RomToolBox. It went to twrp and backed up the system, and rebooted. Now, all I can see is HTC Its brilliant logo.

One small problem is that my power button is not too responsive. Not sure how to get rid of the problem.

I connected it to computer, phone is not detected.

Please advise. TIA.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

I had stock TMOUS. I recently unlocked and decided to root the phone. Got the root using the AIO root toolkit. All was fine. I installed RomToolBoxpro. Downloaded Avatar rom. Installed it from RomToolBox. It went to twrp and backed up the system, and rebooted. Now, all I can see is HTC Its brilliant logo.

One small problem is that my power button is not too responsive. Not sure how to get rid of the problem.

I connected it to computer, phone is not detected.

Please advise. TIA.

Ok, somehow, i managed to get the power off and reboot to bootloader. TWRP started, and I was able to restore my phone. Phew.

But, i want to know what exactly went wrong? why did my phone went to bootloop?

mmandros

Apr 17, 2011
Moving Target
Well I'm not entirely sure how I did it but I hosed my phone. I am TMO US, previously was on HBOOT 1.14 S-Off. I wanted update to take advantage of the new 3.4 kernel. So I followed the firmware update procedures and now I have 2.15 woo hoo.

But I must have done something wrong. So I get this weird boot loop. Get the splash, the lock screen. No service in the notification bar. "x" above the lack of bars. Sits there for a minute or 2, then reboots. So I thought maybe the radios are hosed. Flashed them. This firmware.zip and that. RUU here and a RUU there.

So I've spent the last 8 hours reading, downloading, flashing, locking/unlocking, RUU.

No mater what I flash, same boot loop pattern. The fact that it gets to lock screen make me think something else is going on. I just don't know what to try next.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit:
I was able to flash a PAC man ROM that let me get into settings. I went into the network settings and look for the APNs. nothing in the list. Did a search for network operators and it rebooted.

Stock RUU, latest version of RUU_Vile_U_JB_45..... wont let me get to the settings. When I unlock I get a black screen with notification bar.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread for all you ONE-S Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your ONE-S device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE ONE-S COMMUNITY will gladly help!
    sticky sticky sticky oh please sticky this!

Ya good luck with that, they seem to only like crap stickys.
    Hi everybody,
    big problem . After triyng to flash viper rom (that was not for my HOS s3...) and after factory reset, I cant flash anything more. Only bootloader screen. I've flashed correctly (using fastboot) Clockworkmod recovery, but I can't access SD (E: Can't mount /sdcard/) and I can't access SD neither from my pc. Also installed different version of TWRP, flashed correctly, but when entering in recovery mode, the phone reboot and remain stuck on HTC logo white screen (with red text message).
    I really don't know what do do now. I suppose the problem is in the sdcard, maybe. Found this thread, maybe it's related? Is it definitely bricked or there is a way to solve?

The phone turns on, so you don't have a brick. Flash the stock recovery (I don't have an S3 copy on my dropbox so you'll have to go searching) in fastboot USB, click "recovery" in bootloader and then let the phone run, it SHOULD fix the SD card. If it doesn't do that, don't panic, just go back onto bootloader and click "clear storage". Note, both methods will leave you with an empty SD card, but since the SD is corrupt, you've lost everything either way. ADB push or copy over the ROM that you wish to install (I recommend making a folder in the SD card called ROMs) Then flash the boot.img of the ROM that you want to install in fastboot USB. Now go into TWRP (I recommend nothing except version 2.3.3.0. I assume you're using the all-in-one kit. If you are, I believe that 2.3.3.0 comes with it) and flash the ROM. But again, make sure that the ROM that you flash is for the S3 version and not the S4 version.
    Hey guys,
    I need a lot of help. I was attempting to flash liquid rom and following directions i started with three system wipes, and cache and davlik wipes flashed rom and wiped caches again and reset. HTC logo then black screen. Reboot and I get HTC, reset and then just HTC logo. I tried a restore and same thing, tried clearing everything and flashing same problem. I tried flashing three different roms and I'm getting the same HTC logo now everytime. Anyone know how I can get rom flashed and working please? I can access bootloader, have 2.3.3 teamwin recovery, and can mount sdcard and put roms onto it from my computer.
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    Found out I might need to flash boot image and now downloading the android sdk, hope that works.

Nope, flashed the boot image and I'm still stuck on the HTC load screen. Anyone have any ideas?
    Try flashing the boot.img with the All-In-One Toolkit and reflash the rom after.
    Thanks dude..I did some more digging around...I had no idea what the ruu was but that's why we have google. I was able to flash it and restore my phone...thanks again.
    You only needed to flash the boot.img to fix it.
    Sorry for the double post, as I already posted this in the S-Off thread, but I need a fix ASAP lol.

I tried to S-off, and I think I made a mistake on the last steps, updating the security partitions. When I entered the commands, they the prompt did not show any errors nor anything after the command. Now, the phone boots, searches for service and does not find any, then reboots and repeats. Ideas? Should i try to reissue the commands from fastboot since I cannot stay in Android long enough for ADB?

I just tried running RUU, getting same result. Can not get to set up when booting phone, it freezes and reboots before getting a chance. Also, at the first boot, right before it rebooted itself, it looked like there was a system error (might have been a system process FC).

Any help is tremendously appreciated
    Ya that don't sound good. Try factory reset if you still got the stock recovery.
    Ok... So I managed to install windows 7 on a separate partition on my hard drive, but it STILL WOULDN'T WORK!!! I attempted the adb devices command after moving the previous file posted and then it just returned with a blank list. I'm honestly getting real tired of ADB... And to top it all off, the windows 7 software that I had installed somehow doesn't have access to the internet, so I have to reboot into windows 8 every time I need to download a file. I'm going to try agai though!
    Did you install the drivers? And was it in fastboot USB mode.
    Are you sure that you flashed the right version of TWRP? It's unlikely... But there are 3 different versions meant for 3 different models. There is the one for the HTC one s (s3) model, currently found in Europe, the HTC one s (s4) model, sold in the U.S. , and then there is the HTC one s (special edition) with 64 gigabytes of storage. That is what I can think of... Try reflashing it just in case something went wrong in the previous flash, oryou could try CWM, which worked fine for me! Good luck!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Would me being on windows 8 by any chance affect the software?
    If so I feel SOOOOO stupid...

Em should work but not on windows 8 so don't really know.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

My friend convinced me to switch from twrp to cwm, I didn't know that doing that would delete the backup files that I made in twrp. The CM10 rom is stuck in a bootloop. I've tried looking through the forums and haven't found a solution. My friend has a Galaxy S III, and he told me I just need to flash stock to get good. However, my computer won't detect my phone. Kind of a noob. Sorry. I know you guys get enough of these. Thanks for the help.

Ya your friend is not a good friend lol but my guess is you didn't flash the boot.img.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone