EMUI 10.0 for P20 Pro CLT-L29

Search This thread

Areeb_Sattar

Dec 18, 2015
Multan
Hi there, I am looking for a way to force update android 10 to my P20 Pro, Its the CLT-L29 version currently with build number 9.1.0.383 and I bought it in Pakistan, updates here seems to take quite a while as compared to other places. Also, I am facing some issues with Bluetooth connection with my car speakers. Hopefully, the update might solve my problem. Would be grateful for any help :)

Last edited:
The EMUI 10 (Android 10) beta program got closed some months ago. So we have to wait for the official rollout in march/april.
I'm part of the beta-program and already using Android 10 (10.0.0.145 C432). I can confirm that all Bluetooth issues I had before are gone. Especially with car Bluetooth (there was a lot of stuttering with Android 8 and 9).

MeisterGigi

Sep 10, 2010
I really love my P20 Pro, but the Updates... I remember to go to 9 with the modded hisuite because my phone did not get the update.
Without the Google Services its anyway not useful for my to stay with huawai, but because of the bad updates and support my next phone will not be a Huawai.
And i will look for a phone with updates min 3-4 years, is there a phone with that support?

pablo_max

Aug 1, 2010
Thats really a pity. To be honest i have an iphone (11) from my company, but i dont like it, i like android. mhm. :(

That is not exactly true.
PIXEL phones are updated for 3 years. That is according to Google's support page.
Following that, your only option is get a popular unlockable phone and install Lineage OS. This gives you longer support.
Your options here are basically Motorola or OnePlus.

Huawei likely would have survived its anti-consumer change in bootloader unlocking stance and slow software rollout alone. However, coupled with Trumps war on Huawei, I expect them to pull a HTC and drop down to irrelevancy within a couple years.
I bought a P20 Pro because I had owned the Nexus 6P, which was the best smart phone I have ever owned. Had I not dropped it into water after after cracking the screen, I would still use it since it is far more usable that the EMUI infected P20.
I cannot imagine any situation where I would buy another Huawei product after this phone.
It is a pity. They may lovely hardware. EMUI is simply this ****tiest software to ever been placed on a phone. I would say even original touchwiz was less annoying.

MeisterGigi

Sep 10, 2010
PIXEL phones are updated for 3 years. That is according to Google's support page.
Following that, your only option is get...

Wow, i also came from a 6P, things were very easy there... I dont understand huaweis bootloader war :/

I think i will use my p20 one more year, then i will hope there are some good phones on the market :)

19bjk03

Jan 22, 2012
Frankfurt
+free hardware throttle becouse of "battery saving" :laugh::laugh::laugh: I would never buy anything from this money thirsty company. Overpriced AF

The times in which only iPhones were overpriced are gone. There's no mich difference between the android flagship devices and iPhones nowadays.

pablo_max

Aug 1, 2010
The times in which only iPhones were overpriced are gone. There's no mich difference between the android flagship devices and iPhones nowadays.

At least Apple actually updates their software for several years. Unlikely ****ty Huawei or Samsung.
Spend a thousand bucks and get two years max of support. Or spend 1k with apple and get 5.
Seems like a better deal to spend 1k every 5 years than 1k every 2.
Of course, no one would actually spend that much on a Huawei so the carriers need to massively slash the price.

shoobirdy

Mar 4, 2011
At least Apple actually updates their software for several years. Unlikely ****ty Huawei or Samsung.
Spend a thousand bucks and get two years max of support. Or spend 1k with apple and get 5.
Of course, no one would actually spend that much on a Huawei so the carriers need to massively slash the price.

In fact spend 400 on the SE 2 and get 5 years of updates. I'm seriously considering it as my next phone, I know people bash the looks of it but I loved my 6s and genuinely don't have an issue with it.

I do like my P20 Pro but the lack of updates (even security ones are slow) is just pathetic. I'd go for OnePlus but even they're expensive these days.

Reactions: idefix3500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No more Huawei for me unfortunately. While it is a good phone, updates are not existent. Android 11 is coming out next month and we're still on 9. LOL.
    Absolutely my next phone one+ 8 pro
    F*ck huawei, you killed my p20 pro!

Thats really a pity. To be honest i have an iphone (11) from my company, but i dont like it, i like android. mhm. :(

Following that, your only option is get a popular unlockable phone and install Lineage OS. This gives you longer support.
    Your options here are basically Motorola or OnePlus.

Huawei likely would have survived its anti-consumer change in bootloader unlocking stance and slow software rollout alone. However, coupled with Trumps war on Huawei, I expect them to pull a HTC and drop down to irrelevancy within a couple years.
    I bought a P20 Pro because I had owned the Nexus 6P, which was the best smart phone I have ever owned. Had I not dropped it into water after after cracking the screen, I would still use it since it is far more usable that the EMUI infected P20.
    I cannot imagine any situation where I would buy another Huawei product after this phone.
    It is a pity. They may lovely hardware. EMUI is simply this ****tiest software to ever been placed on a phone. I would say even original touchwiz was less annoying.
    No more Huawei for me unfortunately. While it is a good phone, updates are not existent. Android 11 is coming out next month and we're still on 9. LOL.

I am the same opinion!
    Besides, Huawei leaves out P20 series from 10.1 update. :rolleyes:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone