EMUI 10.1 AOD THEMES - PNG's & HOW To change pictures

Search This thread

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
  • Okay, so I wanted to give a little color to my B&W AOD from EMUI 10.1 and found a post of my friend @Kamcho84 about how to change picture on new EMUI 10.1 AOD so i decided to make myself some PNG's. Bellow some SS + the files i used beside a mini guide for how to use them.

FOR AOD CLOCK THEMED faces, take a look at my post #39
    For how to change fingerprint icon, check out this post #94! Thanks @Blackball for providing HOW TO :cowboy:

How to change picture from AOD:

1. Download my zip file which contains PNG's + themes (SS bellow) and unzip it;
    2. Download an AOD theme - i used the theme bellow for creating new ones, so if you want to use my themes, just download the same one from Theme store and replace it with the desired one from my zip - . VIDEO with choosing theme!

3. Connect your phone to laptop/PC and go to : Internal Memory/Huawei/Themes/HWAods/ and copy the downloaded theme (in my case was 190B8F0EAA2F39B6D2675368F460C82C.hwt) to your desktop;

4. Using 7-Zip open it (right click/open) and open com.huawei.aod\res\drawable-xxhdpi\ and there replace the digit_bg.png with one of my photos from zip. Then use the arrow on upper left to go back (SAVE)/back again (SAVE) and then close the hwt file (SAVE again if necessarily);

5. Copy the new theme to folder /Huawei/Themes/HWAods/ from your phone and replace the old one (be sure NOT to rename it), then go to Settings/Home Screen & wallpaper/Always On Display/Clock Style/Download more/and there select the one you've allready downloaded earlier. Press APPLY! Now you should have the new picture on your AOD;

6. If you want to create yourself a PNG to be themed, you will need to change the size of your picture to 1080x492 or 1080x788 or 736x1080, depending on photo size&quality, convert it to .png, change it's name to digit_bg and do steps 4-5.

If you want to add your photo to a downloaded AOD theme or to the one i'm using, please sent me a high resolution photo + the AOD theme where you want your photo to be on ;)

That's all folks. Hope you will also share here with me and rest of xda users your beautiful digit_bg.png images :highfive: to customise our AOD's :highfive:

Appreciate my work? Let me know by paypal.me a coffee clicking on Donate to Me or hit Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200624_200833.jpg
      IMG_20200624_200833.jpg
      221.2 KB · Views: 4,421
    • IMG_20200624_201044.jpg
      IMG_20200624_201044.jpg
      235.4 KB · Views: 4,365
    • IMG_20200624_201225.jpg
      IMG_20200624_201225.jpg
      227.3 KB · Views: 4,148
    • IMG_20200624_201349.jpg
      IMG_20200624_201349.jpg
      238.1 KB · Views: 3,804
    • IMG_20200624_201529.jpg
      IMG_20200624_201529.jpg
      227.3 KB · Views: 3,773
    • IMG_20200624_201710.jpg
      IMG_20200624_201710.jpg
      246 KB · Views: 3,709
    • IMG_20200624_201847.jpg
      IMG_20200624_201847.jpg
      235 KB · Views: 3,668
    • IMG_20200624_202046.jpg
      IMG_20200624_202046.jpg
      233.1 KB · Views: 3,639
    • IMG_20200624_202350.jpg
      IMG_20200624_202350.jpg
      120.9 KB · Views: 3,563
    • IMG_20200624_202555.jpg
      IMG_20200624_202555.jpg
      153.8 KB · Views: 3,697
    • IMG_20200624_225719.jpg
      IMG_20200624_225719.jpg
      127.9 KB · Views: 3,756
    • IMG_20200624_230350.jpg
      IMG_20200624_230350.jpg
      123.7 KB · Views: 3,653
    • IMG_20200625_152808.jpg
      IMG_20200625_152808.jpg
      133.3 KB · Views: 3,377
    • digit_bg.zip
      11.1 MB · Views: 6,528
    • IMG_20200626_185751.jpg
      IMG_20200626_185751.jpg
      121.2 KB · Views: 3,140
    Last edited:

ericDraven77

Jan 8, 2011
    Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
    OnePlus 5
    Hi Silviu!
    Thanks for the instructions. I just don't get what you mean by setting a black frame??
    You mean that the picture has to be black and only a picture in the middle which is whatever you want? Or is this meaning something completely different?
    I would want a Picture of my son or a logo from Bayern München ;)

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
  • Hi Silviu!
    Thanks for the instructions. I just don't get what you mean by setting a black frame??
    You mean that the picture has to be black and only a picture in the middle which is whatever you want? Or is this meaning something completely different?
    I would want a Picture of my son or a logo from Bayern München ;)

Hi m8,

No, you could use any picture but you would need to resize it as i said in OP, convert to PNG and rename it. Those black bars needs to be made if you create another theme.

If you want, you can sent me the link with the logo you want to be used (guess that for your kid you can handle, if NOT send me one PM with desired photo :p).

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
    Jun 26, 2015
    Create AOD

This is working great, thank you. But I would like to ask if someone knows how to use exported .hwt file from ThemeStudio (AOD) ? I downloaded it today and trying to create AOD but when I export it and put it in the phone in internal storage/Huawei/Themes/HWAods it won't load it in the theme app in my theme there is nothing, I cannot see it anywhere. I tried restarting phone and force stop theme app and so on, put it in other folder but still nothing.

Can someone help why is it not working or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
  • This is working great, thank you. But I would like to ask if someone knows how to use exported .hwt file from ThemeStudio (AOD) ? I downloaded it today and trying to create AOD but when I export it and put it in the phone in internal storage/Huawei/Themes/HWAods it won't load it in the theme app in my theme there is nothing, I cannot see it anywhere. I tried restarting phone and force stop theme app and so on, put it in other folder but still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

It seems that the only way to use an AOD theme is by uploading to Huawei Theme stores and getting it installed through Settings/Home Screen & wallpaper/Always On Display/Clock Style/Download more / get it from Theme store.

Maybe in the near future Themes app will be updated and we will have the option to load custom AOD themes from phone memory, as we do now for normal themes ?

Jun 26, 2015
    It seems that the only way to use an AOD theme is by uploading to Huawei Theme stores and getting it installed through Settings/Home Screen & wallpaper/Always On Display/Clock Style/Download more / get it from Theme store.

Maybe in the near future Themes app will be updated and we will have the option to load custom AOD themes from phone memory, as we do now for normal themes

I see, thank you for the answer. Hopefully we will be able to load custom AOD soon too.

SilviuO

Recognized Contributor
  • Hi Silviu,

think I made it by myself ;) Now I will havbve to buy a new case to see the AOD as I now have a FlipCase and see the AOD only when I leave the flip open :D

Super! I'm glad you made it as you wanted :cool:

Hahaha, so funny. Because of new AOD now it's time to change your case. Hope you get a nice one :silly:

Reactions: adambrown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Okay, so I wanted to give a little color to my B&W AOD from EMUI 10.1 and found a post of my friend @Kamcho84 about how to change picture on new EMUI 10.1 AOD so i decided to make myself some PNG's. Bellow some SS + the files i used beside a mini guide for how to use them.

FOR AOD CLOCK THEMED faces, take a look at my post #39
      For how to change fingerprint icon, check out this post #94! Thanks @Blackball for providing HOW TO :cowboy:

How to change picture from AOD:

1. Download my zip file which contains PNG's + themes (SS bellow) and unzip it;
      2. Download an AOD theme - i used the theme bellow for creating new ones, so if you want to use my themes, just download the same one from Theme store and replace it with the desired one from my zip - . VIDEO with choosing theme!

3. Connect your phone to laptop/PC and go to : Internal Memory/Huawei/Themes/HWAods/ and copy the downloaded theme (in my case was 190B8F0EAA2F39B6D2675368F460C82C.hwt) to your desktop;

4. Using 7-Zip open it (right click/open) and open com.huawei.aod\res\drawable-xxhdpi\ and there replace the digit_bg.png with one of my photos from zip. Then use the arrow on upper left to go back (SAVE)/back again (SAVE) and then close the hwt file (SAVE again if necessarily);

5. Copy the new theme to folder /Huawei/Themes/HWAods/ from your phone and replace the old one (be sure NOT to rename it), then go to Settings/Home Screen & wallpaper/Always On Display/Clock Style/Download more/and there select the one you've allready downloaded earlier. Press APPLY! Now you should have the new picture on your AOD;

6. If you want to create yourself a PNG to be themed, you will need to change the size of your picture to 1080x492 or 1080x788 or 736x1080, depending on photo size&quality, convert it to .png, change it's name to digit_bg and do steps 4-5.

If you want to add your photo to a downloaded AOD theme or to the one i'm using, please sent me a high resolution photo + the AOD theme where you want your photo to be on ;)

That's all folks. Hope you will also share here with me and rest of xda users your beautiful digit_bg.png images :highfive: to customise our AOD's :highfive:

Appreciate my work? Let me know by paypal.me a coffee clicking on Donate to Me or hit Thanks!
      Aod+clock themed

I've made some modifications on themes so the color of clock / fingerprint & notifications info match the AOD picture i've added.

If you like any of those, sent a PM so i'll give the link for download.

PLEASE don't share them :p

One selfmade aod and fingerprint icon...
      This is working great, thank you. But I would like to ask if someone knows how to use exported .hwt file from ThemeStudio (AOD) ? I downloaded it today and trying to create AOD but when I export it and put it in the phone in internal storage/Huawei/Themes/HWAods it won't load it in the theme app in my theme there is nothing, I cannot see it anywhere. I tried restarting phone and force stop theme app and so on, put it in other folder but still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe in the near future Themes app will be updated and we will have the option to load custom AOD themes from phone memory, as we do now for normal themes ?

Excuse me if I'm annoying if I can do half of it again and then it would be perfect for me. 100x46 please

Here yo go, NO PROBLEM, m8 :highfive: Let me know if it fits your needs :D

100x46 bellow