EMUI 10 & apks

Search This thread

AngelDeath

Greets all,

my Mate 20x came up that there was an update to EMUI 10 so I updated, all went well from what I saw, except now I cant install apks from dropbox, it comes up saying: "please download an app that can open this file". I cant download files from the play store and install, and I have made sure that install from unknown sources was enabled. I also made sure "files" app was set to allowed also. The update version is: 10.0.0.176, and no newer version is coming up. This is the Chinese version AL-00

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zanr Zij

Nov 28, 2010
Halong Bay
www.maychuchuyendung.vn
Greets all,

my Mate 20x came up that there was an update to EMUI 10 so I updated, all went well from what I saw, except now I cant install apks from dropbox, it comes up saying: "please download an app that can open this file". I cant download files from the play store and install, and I have made sure that install from unknown sources was enabled. I also made sure "files" app was set to allowed also. The update version is: 10.0.0.176, and no newer version is coming up. This is the Chinese version AL-00

I'm using Chinese version and have no single problems with apks. You should try to reset factory your phone and try again

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
Greets all,

hm, interesting. have u tried downloading the apk files from dropbox to your local storage first, then try and open them with the huawei files app? for me that is the only app that is able to install other apps, es file explorer pro is not able to do so.

btw, new update got pushed for AL00, going from 176 to 185 :) havent installed it yet though.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 20 X EVR-AL00 using Tapatalk

AngelDeath

hm, interesting. have u tried downloading the apk files from dropbox to your local storage first, then try and open them with the huawei files app? for me that is the only app that is able to install other apps, es file explorer pro is not able to do so.

btw, new update got pushed for AL00, going from 176 to 185 :) havent installed it yet though.

No I cant do anything with Dropbox, but I was able to use HiSuite to install apks. And i just got the update you were talking about, installing it now, maybe this will fix the issue with the apks installing from dropbox, cause as the prior user said, I dont want to factory reset and have to put everything back if its not going to work. There is another issue I noticed with the update also, If I go out of Wifi range I lose access to the internet, in other words the cell data doesnt kick in unless I turn off the mobile data and then turn it back on. So far very annoying update. Maybe this 185 can fix these. Here's hoping and trying.

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
No I cant do anything with Dropbox, but I was able to use HiSuite to install apks. And i just got the update you were talking about, installing it now, maybe this will fix the issue with the apks installing from dropbox, cause as the prior user said, I dont want to factory reset and have to put everything back if its not going to work. There is another issue I noticed with the update also, If I go out of Wifi range I lose access to the internet, in other words the cell data doesnt kick in unless I turn off the mobile data and then turn it back on. So far very annoying update. Maybe this 185 can fix these. Here's hoping and trying.
cool, keep us updated on how it goes :)

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
After downloading it from dropbox to the internal storage, then using files does install the apk, but I dont know why it wont directly from dropbox.
thats what u was trying to tell you from the start! use the files app! :D

im guessing it has to do with system rights to install apk files. even es file explorer pro is not allowed to do it with all permissions given.