Emui 11

Search This thread

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
Ok so guyz I think those if u sign up for 11 and it disappeared in beta app it means they got you sorted and now few days after I have update arrived

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217_062202_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217_062202_com.android.chrome.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_20201217_062213_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217_062213_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 140
Jan 7, 2021
I've got EMUI 11 stable 11.0.0.125 without signing to Beta program into my Chinese EVR-AL00 2 days ago. I did it through the Huawei support app (formerly HiCare, I don't know the new english name after rename) with my local region Czech Republic (not China). The trigger for me to try it was some fresh article on Huwei central about Mate 20 series getting the stable EMUI11 while being the same version as beta.

It seems all the SMS from internet bankings, phone operator or from courier delivery services (like DHL) are getting blocked as a spam even if I have the blocking SMS switched off. This is very annoying.

The battery seems to be consumed even less than before - now after 2 days I have still about 30% battery left , with EMUI 10.1 I needed to recharge about every second day with 20% usually left.

The fluent animations are looking nicer than in 10.1 , however I think they make the phone slower, because I wait for the animations to finish.

Not relevant to EMU11 , but important for me and still a fresh info: in early December my Revolut app started to receive updates normally through the Play Store, I had to install Revolut originally from APK Mirror and do few updates this way.

Chicity1028

Jan 29, 2018
I have Chinese EVR-AL00 now on EMUI 11 as well, updated through the support app. Everything is much better and smoother, battery life and standby time is good. Liking the new animations etc, Only thing is you still can't change launcher on this model. Playstore, call recording, disabling apps through adb all still work. Great update

ben63vw

Oct 2, 2010
Also have EVR-AL00 using it in US and just did the update to EMUI 11 via the support app. Haven't used it enough to know any difference yet.
Screenshot_20210110_202506_com.android.settings_edit_803778864980.jpg

Jan 7, 2021
It seems all the SMS from internet bankings, phone operator or from courier delivery services (like DHL) are getting blocked as a spam even if I have the blocking SMS switched off. This is very annoying.

I think I found the root cause why it is happening.

I'm using the google app for the SMS and there I found activated spam filter, which I never turned on manually. I assume the app got updated and turned on the spam filter by default automatically with that update.

The fact I found the SMS are being blocked is just the time coincidence and has nothing to do with my EMUI11 upgrade.

Jan 7, 2021
Hi. What steps did you take in the support app to get the update? I have looked around in mine with no luck.

Huawei changed the support app some months ago that the good functions are 1 menu deeper than before.

Even when I change my phone's language into English, the support app location is still my home country and the support app content remains local (kind of local huawei servers feed).

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20210116_005319_com.huawei.phoneservice_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20210116_005319_com.huawei.phoneservice_LI.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 70
  • InkedScreenshot_20210116_005331_com.huawei.phoneservice_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20210116_005331_com.huawei.phoneservice_LI.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 70

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
Hey guys, i noticed smth weird after updating to EMUI 11 on my EVR-AL00 8/256 GB variant: I cannot seem to change wallpapers anymore?!

When I go to settings / home screen & wallpaper there is no option to change wallpapers anymore! When long pressing on the homescreen, trying to tap on "Wallpaper" option also doesnt do anything.

I found a workaround in the meantime by using "wallpaper setter" from the play store, albeit not really an elegant solution...

anyone else with this issue?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021
I have EVR-AL00 8/256 and I see wallpapers and can change them, I don't remember how it was before EMUI 11.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120_131328_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120_131328_com.android.settings.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210120_131346_com.huawei.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120_131346_com.huawei.android.thememanager.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: jbmc83

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
I have EVR-AL00 8/256 and I see wallpapers and can change them, I don't remember how it was before EMUI 11.
thx for the feedback. that narrows down the issue, might have smth to do with me disabling apps via adb. i suspect its either connected to the stock gallery app or maybe themes app.

btw after several battery cycles i can now confidently say that battery life seems improved on EMUI 11 vs previous 10.1 :) using duckduckgo privacy browser and hibernator app im getting around 17-18 h SOT, pretty neat. previously it was more like 13h.

Reactions: omaga

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
I've got EMUI 11 stable 11.0.0.125 without signing to Beta program into my Chinese EVR-AL00 2 days ago. I did it through the Huawei support app (formerly HiCare, I don't know the new english name after rename) with my local region Czech Republic (not China). The trigger for me to try it was some fresh article on Huwei central about Mate 20 series getting the stable EMUI11 while being the same version as beta.

The battery seems to be consumed even less than before - now after 2 days I have still about 30% battery left , with EMUI 10.1 I needed to recharge about every second day with 20% usually left.

The fluent animations are looking nicer than in 10.1 , however I think they make the phone slower, because I wait for the animations to finish.

Not relevant to EMU11 , but important for me and still a fresh info: in early December my Revolut app started to receive updates normally through the Play Store, I had to install Revolut originally from APK Mirror and do few updates this way.
I don't have update in support anymore , and battery is not any better ... maybe worse .. drains very fast

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
I think I found the root cause why it is happening.

I'm using the google app for the SMS and there I found activated spam filter, which I never turned on manually. I assume the app got updated and turned on the spam filter by default automatically with that update.

The fact I found the SMS are being blocked is just the time coincidence and has nothing to do with my EMUI11 upgrade.
SMS it has to do becuse china version has original sms app which am asfter as i have only google sms

sbrazzo

Apr 9, 2009
Excuse me, i have an Mate 20X EVR-L29 version. I have a question: why, for this device does not exist anywhere update for emui 11?
I have installed app Beta Huawei and my last update is 10.1.0.257(C636E6R1P5).
Sorry for my bad english...

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
Well, received EMUI 11 after all. Not too many changes. However, since the update I'm unable to connect my phone to my computer (fastboot, mpt, HiSuite, etc). The phone thinks it's receiving charge from a normal charger (I don't even get the different USB options when plugged to the computer). Windows always says "USB Device Not Recognized" no matter how many computers I've tried it on, how many cables I've used, how many drivers I've tried. Device manager shows it as "Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)". Trust me I've got the correct drivers and I know well how to troubleshoot that.
Is this happening to anybody after the update?

Last edited:

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Well, received EMUI 11 after all. Not too many changes. However, since the update I'm unable to connect my phone to my computer (fastboot, mpt, HiSuite, etc). The phone thinks it's receiving charge from a normal charger (I don't even get the different USB options when plugged to the computer). Windows always says "USB Device Not Recognized" no matter how many computers I've tried it on, how many cables I've used, how many drivers I've tried. Device manager shows it as "Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed)". Trust me I've got the correct drivers and I know well how to troubleshoot that.

might be a silly idea, but: have u tried resetting the phone and then try again to connect?

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
Excuse me, i have an Mate 20X EVR-L29 version. I have a question: why, for this device does not exist anywhere update for emui 11?
Go to join u should have it..
I joined and they fetched it for me
U can now join harmony os program
Thete u have to gove them your passport and credit card and then they will fetch harmony os for you

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
U must connect cable to the back of the pc not those front ones..those kind of sucks designed only for usb sticks..
Then u need to enable allow connection in hdb and in developer settings usb debug. You need to have hisuite app installed in phone too I couldn't but then it worked
Try manually instal hisuite from here then it will pop-up number u have to type in PC to get connected

Reactions: jbmc83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received today. Hope you guys update soon too
    thx for the feedback. that narrows down the issue, might have smth to do with me disabling apps via adb. i suspect its either connected to the stock gallery app or maybe themes app.

btw after several battery cycles i can now confidently say that battery life seems improved on EMUI 11 vs previous 10.1 :) using duckduckgo privacy browser and hibernator app im getting around 17-18 h SOT, pretty neat. previously it was more like 13h.

It's not out yet for our phones. Probably March.
    U must connect cable to the back of the pc not those front ones..those kind of sucks designed only for usb sticks..
    Then u need to enable allow connection in hdb and in developer settings usb debug. You need to have hisuite app installed in phone too I couldn't but then it worked
    Try manually instal hisuite from here then it will pop-up number u have to type in PC to get connected