EMUI 12

Search This thread

Ciziokas

Dec 24, 2011
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi guys, someone got emui 12? I got an update to emui 12. I'm from Lithuania.
Screenshot_20220121_190013_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

94°

Mar 28, 2015
I'm from Lithuania, still 11.0.0.230...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124_231554_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124_231554_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20220124_231557_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124_231557_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 39

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
I got EMUI 12.
It brings no significant improvements in terms of performance or battery.
Just some cheap visual embellishments. All rubbish.
And a HUGE annoyance: the "Control Panel" - replacing let swiping down where notifications used to be. I hate this! 🤬
I want to disable it! I couldn't find out how.
Please help.
Screenshot_20220125_135829_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220125_135914_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Last edited:

carbonmanx

Dec 9, 2020
I have just updated to emui 12, and I run GMS with icebox and I now am able to use the play store, even tho framework is frozen - which is great! Does anyone else have this experience?

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
Usually when you freeze GSF, Store can be opened but it canNOT download apps.
How can one "freeze" GSF ? Please explain the method. I realized that the main pb with Google issues is that GSF app that is uncontrollable.

GSF is toxic, no-one knows what is actually doing in background, cannot be controlled, stopped or prevented to change, update. This renders the entire Google stack unstable.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
How can one "freeze" GSF ? Please explain the method. I realized that the main pb with Google issues is that GSF app that is uncontrollable.

GSF is toxic, no-one knows what is actually doing in background, cannot be controlled, stopped or prevented to change, update. This renders the entire Google stack unstable.
It is up to you.

Use this app on your computer. Search the app and disable it. After that it will be present on disabled list, in case you want to enable it back. When you enable it, play protect error will be present. Also when it is disabled, Play Store should not work.

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
It is up to you.

Use this app on your computer. Search the app and disable it. After that it will be present on disabled list, in case you want to enable it back. When you enable it, play protect error will be present. Also when it is disabled, Play Store should not work.
Thanks. Q: can this app prevent GFS to update itself ?

carbonmanx

Dec 9, 2020
It hasn't replace notifications swipe down. Control panel is swipe down on the right and notifications is swipe down on the left, but also once you swipe down you can swipe left and right to switch between notifications and control panel.
That said I find it annoying 😂

Reactions: theoquda

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
I never find GSF updated. Play Store is responsible to update apps. And usually it updates Google Play Services, not Google Services framework.
I understand, so the Google Play Services (GPS) is the culprit then.

I re-phrase: is it possible, using the app you suggested above, to prevent GPS to update itself, without prevent it from running (stopping it) ?

I noticed the Google stack will fail also if GPS is stopped/disabled.

Moreover, why did you suggest in the first instance to "freeze" GSF and not GPS ?
Could you be more coherent please with your replies ?
Tx.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro

I re-phrase: is it possible, using the app you suggested above, to prevent GPS to update itself, without prevent it from running (stopping it) ?

Moreover, why did you suggest in the first instance to "freeze" GSF and not GPS ?
Tx.
I think I am coherent with my replies. I just reply. I never suggested to freeze any of the Google apps. It was just a replay to @carbonmanx . With that app you can try to disable any apps you want.

Pay more attention, keep the line of discussion and you will find the coherence of my answers, please.

Reactions: jericho246

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
I think I am coherent with my replies. I just reply. I never suggested to freeze any of the Google apps. It was just a replay to @carbonmanx . With that app you can try to disable any apps you want.

Pay more attention, keep the line of discussion and you will find the coherence of my answers, please.
And where is that coherence ? Where are the replies?
You did not reply to any of my questions:
1. can this app prevent GFS to update itself ?
2. I re-phrase: is it possible, using the app you suggested above, to prevent GPS to update itself, without prevent it from running (stopping it) ?
3. Moreover, why did you suggest in the first instance to "freeze" GSF and not GPS ?

Of course you are not obliged, it's just a forum.
But please don't pretend it.

Cheers.✌️

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
And where is that coherence ? Where are the replies?
You did not reply to any of my questions:
1. can this app prevent GFS to update itself ?
2. I re-phrase: is it possible, using the app you suggested above, to prevent GPS to update itself, without prevent it from running (stopping it) ?
3. Moreover, why did you suggest in the first instance to "freeze" GSF and not GPS ?

Of course you are not obliged, it's just a forum.
But please don't pretend it.

Cheers.✌️
1. No. Because GSF is not responsible to update itself. It never was and it will never be.
2. No. Because GPS is not responsible to update itself. It never was and it will never be.
3. Where do you see my suggestion to freeze any app? Read this message again, first the quote part.
Captură de ecran 2022-01-27 151119.jpg

Bonus:
1. Google Play Store updates in background all other apps.
2. It is used freeze and not disable, because Ice Box app has been used first time to disable Google Services Framework and gain notifications. Just FYI.

Last edited:

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
1. No. Because GSF is not responsible to update itself. It never was and it will never be.
2. No. Because GPS is not responsible to update itself. It never was and it will never be.
3. Where do you see my suggestion to freeze any app? Read this message again, first the quote part.
View attachment 5520353

Bonus:
1. Google Play Store updates in background all other apps.
2. It is used freeze and not disable, because Ice Box app has been used first time to disable Google Services Framework and gain notifications. Just FYI.
Tx now is more clear. You should have provided this from the beginning. ☮️

theoquda

Nov 29, 2021
It hasn't replace notifications swipe down. Control panel is swipe down on the right and notifications is swipe down on the left, but also once you swipe down you can swipe left and right to switch between notifications and control panel.
Right! The big issue is that nobody knows how to disable this bloody CP. :mad:
On Xiaomi devices (w/ MIUI) it is possible to disable this: https://www.webcazine.com/forums/faq-can-you-disable-the-control-center-in-xiaomi-miui-12/
Huawei/EMUI ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have just updated to emui 12, and I run GMS with icebox and I now am able to use the play store, even tho framework is frozen - which is great! Does anyone else have this experience?
    Usually when you freeze GSF, Store can be opened but it canNOT download apps.

Tx.

Tx now is more clear. You should have provided this from the beginning. ☮️
    My bad. I apologize to you. Definitely is my fault.