EMUI 5.1 for MHA-AL00C00

Status
Not open for further replies.

duraaraa

So I finally had the time to reinstall it and began using it as a daily driver. Here are some notes:

1. Notifications have been coming in fine for gmail, line, hangouts... I don't use WhatsApp or Telegram, but I think notifications may have been fixed for the Chinese edition.

2. There are definitely some new battery life optimizations. My phone has been off the charger, receiving emails, with a smartwatch connected for three and a half hours. I'm still at 100%. I've never had that before on any version.
(Edit: Dropped down to 99% after 3 hours, 40 minutes standby with 3 minutes of screen on time.)
(Edit: 6 hours off the charger, 15 minutes of screen on time with heavy usage during that time, and a five minute phone call. Down to 94%.)

3. I don't know how much of this is due to the improved touch sensitivity, but performance seems improved to a noticeable extent.

EMUI 5.1 is turning out to be great. I will continue to monitor the battery life and notifications throughout today and compare them to how it's been on EMUI 5.0 builds.

Last edited:

MobileThrowAwayAcc

Mar 17, 2014
Tampa
It's horrible with notifications management...
Except of that is same and a little better than other versions...
I have debrand from AL00 to C636....
Is there still the option to enable the additional button on the navigation bar which hides the navigation bar? This is literally the only thing keeping me in the Chinese version

tsiglas

May 10, 2011
Is there still the option to enable the additional button on the navigation bar which hides the navigation bar? This is literally the only thing keeping me in the Chinese version
The truth is that fast updates & hide navigation keys was the reason that I bought Chinese version.... But 3 months after I realize that I have never use this feature once (hide navigation bar).... So that why I debrand to international version

duraaraa

Why do you think it's horrible?
The bugs bother me. With the non-Chinese firmware, my Gear S3 connects to the phone if I restart the phone. With the Chinese firmware, I need to open the Gear app and make sure it stays running, or else my watch disconnects. With the Chinese firmware, I have to root and freeze the stock launcher, so that the bug where the third-party launcher reverts to the EMUI launcher doesn't bother me. And so on.

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
The bugs bother me. With the non-Chinese firmware, my Gear S3 connects to the phone if I restart the phone. With the Chinese firmware, I need to open the Gear app and make sure it stays running, or else my watch disconnects. With the Chinese firmware, I have to root and freeze the stock launcher, so that the bug where the third-party launcher reverts to the EMUI launcher doesn't bother me. And so on.
I see. So seems an experimental software. That would explain why so many updates, the Chinese are using themselves as guinea pigs

cezeff

Sep 21, 2009
Okinawa, Japan
Seems I am going to have to join you on the rooting for the Gear S3 to work, I got a chinese version and gave the international to my GF. The only question I have is have you gotten Google Now/Assistant to work using the home button???Of course long pressing it now brings up Huawei's voice assistance. I cant seem to do anything to get Google in place of it. Im happy with the super quick updates, its just these 2 issues that are killing me.

gm007

May 29, 2011
Seems I am going to have to join you on the rooting for the Gear S3 to work, I got a chinese version and gave the international to my GF. The only question I have is have you gotten Google Now/Assistant to work using the home button???Of course long pressing it now brings up Huawei's voice assistance. I cant seem to do anything to get Google in place of it. Im happy with the super quick updates, its just these 2 issues that are killing me.
You can rebrand ur Chinese phone to international C636 for free https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-9/how-to/guide-rebrand-chinese-al00-mate9-to-t3554656/page27
All Google stuff are enabled by default so Google now work too with the home button.

Status
Not open for further replies.