[EMUI 5.1] OTA Firmwares and Unbrick Phone method

Search This thread

thinkom1323

Oct 25, 2018
System 5.1.0.98(03ES) what?? can't calling..

Installation is complete as you write.

However, the build number is displayed as system 5.10.98 (03ES) and OTA is not available.

Even the phone call function doesn't work.

I bought a product in China // BND - AL10

I tried to recover using eRecovery but an error occurs.

Please answer me if you know anything about this.

This keeps me up all night. ; _ ;

OKR297

Apr 14, 2014
there is a procedure used by EU users to completely revive the phone using the OTA but the procedure is too long which i haven't tried yet and is completely for users who have dead phones for now and yes obviously there is no official firmware available for Honor 7x but the user from an EU forum revived his phone so it is possible from the images.

though i made this thread for users who want to update their firmwares and not the procedure to flash a stock firmware since there is not one available yet but i can point to the thread where this user posted the procedure if someone wants to try. PM me

I know this thread is years old but please man i have BND-L21 was on EMUI 5.1 and soft bricked could you link me to the procedure please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Consider one day you upset the devil and your phone is bricked by him, lets try to revive the phone from hell (at your own risk) :

Link to the OTA firmware's :
    Click here for the links page

Important tools links:
    [TOOL] Huawei Multi-Tool v8 by Team MT by inside!out
    TWRP Honor 7X img

Stage 1

Download from here everything you need for the procedure - Download Folder Link
    I am testing it on my BND-L21 firmware from BND-AL10
    Downloading firmware (from topic). Full firmware must be more than 1.5Gb, all smaller is just
    OTA Updates to the system.
    After that we must download Huawei-MultiTool (future MT) version 8.x.x (link topic)
    and downloading custom recovery. We will use TWRP for Honor7x (link topic)
    Last we must prepare OTG Cable, SD Card more than 4Gb. On first stage that's all.

Stage 2

Go to MT and reboot phone to Fastboot mode (while phone off, hold "Volume -" and power)
    If you did all correctly, you will see in the down right side your number and "Fastboot".
    Now go in MT to the Bootloader and check the status. If you have already unlocked, skip this.
    If you have locked phone, you must have IMEI and Huawei account. (if not please unlock your bootloader via the Huawei site)
    After that, go to Recovery menu and choose our TWRP image in "Custom recovery" section and
    type "Recovery". IMPORTANT!!! DON'T FLASH ERECOVERY, I DON'T HAVE THIS IMAGE!!!
    After flashing recovery, we must turn off our phone.
    Now we must to prepare base system image. In archive we have UPDATE.ZIP file. extract this
    file to custom folder and open "Unbrick" in MT and choose "extractor". Open our file in extractor
    and click right mouse key on empty space, choose extract all... and choose custom folder to
    extracting.
    Go to the folder and copy file VENDOR.IMG to the SD-Card (or USB with OTG). Turn on your
    device in Recovery mode (Volume + and power), choose Wipe and Wipe ALL partitions! After
    doing this, go to Install and choose "Install img", go to the SD-Card, and install VENDOR.img to
    VENDOR folder (Important!)
    After installing reboot phone again to Fastboot mode and connect to PC.
    Now we must download .zip update to your region. We need this for using LTE (4G) in your country + Localization.
    After downloading open .zip archive with our CUST file. archive must be called update_BND-
    YOUR-NUMBER_hw_YOUR- COUNTRY.zip
    From this archive we must extract .img file from root folder. It can be called cust.img CUST.img
    version.img etc.
    if name different from CUST.img rename it and put to the extracted UPDATE.app folder.

Last Stage 3

In MT go to Unbrick, choose our unpacked system with our CUST file and we must have at least
    4/5 checkbox. And just type "UNBRICK" and wait. NOTICE: at moment of extracting system.img
    it will be about 10-15 minutes. It's not a freezing of PC)
    After good installing in log you will see like "All ok" Just reboot phone and you will see low level
    factory reset, or something else like formatting. After formatting phone will reboot to the system.
    That's all

Flashing Gapps method coming soon...

Password - 4pda for the update_full_bnd-AL10... Zip

Special Thanks to Kallibr44 my friend who helped me decipher everything. :highfive:

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU :eek: IT MAKES ME HAPPY :D
    I rooted my 7X(Al10) version successfully but while performing the reset, deleted the system file also by mistake. There is no TWRP backup. Is there any way to get the stock OS files again to flash in TWRP ? Or does anyone have a backup file they made that they can share? I tried Huawei e-recovery too, but that gets stuck at 'unable to get package info'. The people at the service centre can't think of any other method to restore the phone, except changing the motherboard. When is the official stock file expected to be available?
    I have a TWRP backup not sure if it'll work, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EntdgNwcJSOTZizqt_W-yWfkd3-YVmCm/view?usp=drivesdk
    It's a zip file with 2 backup folder, one with boot and system and one with vendor
    Edit: pls thank if it worked, so I have an indicator of the effectiveness
    Hi
    I am a New in Android world

I have honor 7x BND L21c185b101
    And i rooted
    Know exactly do this?
    Step 3 how?
    And the multi tool For what?

exactly what you want to do?
    this is to update to the latest firmware. if you have the latest firmware you dont need it.
    the multi tool is used to flash stock with a procedure which is only needed to return to stock or else theres no need for it for the most part..

Can I have the procedure link?

I ordered a 7X from AliExpress.

I also own an Honor 5X & errrmmmm.. I'm not a developer rather still a learning buildbot ? still I want to take part in bringing up LOS or AOSP for Honor 7X. So we can work on it together if you want.

Cheers!

P.S. Belated Merry Christmas.

PM Sent kindly check.
    HI I wanna know many things:
    1-if I can constantly update the 7x with the application (or the software on PC, is the same) "Firmware Finder" even if I don't recive the official OTAs (because I want to root my device)
    2-if its possible upgrade the system via OTA (or Firmware finder etc...) when the device is rooted
    3-is dangerous root the Honor 7x?
    4-if I can upgrade the system when the device Is rooted via the software HiSuite
    5- how/where can I do/find and restore a Nandroid Backup for my phone
    6-where I can find a local/manual update (UPDATE. APP) for the 7x (in case a brick the phone)
    7-how can i UNBRICK my phone I case of brick
    (sorry for my bad english)
    PLEASE HELP ME
    Thanks

1. yes you can if the app supported honor 7x with their firmware but it doesn't yet, use twrp
    2. yes you can upgrade via flashing it in twrp
    3. unlocking bootloader itself is dangerous let alone rooting since your waranty is gone :p since there is still no sign of official stock firmware
    4. same as no. 1 ans
    5. if u flashed twrp you can do your nandroid backup which can be later restored anytime so it will be obv on the phone at that time
    6. manual or local update? in the op main post i guess? by opening the link?
    7. Still no official firmware and the procedure i am aware of consists of turning the official chinese firmware into normal by changing settings and stuff which is a long procedure so probably if u brick, u r stuck until honor decides to release stock firmware

by the looks i guess you have no clue about phone flashing, its better you dont try anything until there are guides properly made for newbies. :silly:
    The backup is for l21c432, this is not enough though, you still need to obtain everything else as described in this guide. When your camera doesn't work flash product image found in the update.app flash the product.img via twrp after the system.img