Emui 8 problems

Search This thread

dieselhazza

Oct 5, 2015
I'm quite interested in the mate 10 pro or soon to be released P20 pro. However I have heard nasty things about the EMUI. One really concerning thing is notifications not coming through. A few more other things too. How many affected by this

wooley4766

Aug 11, 2012
Swalmen
I have a mate 10 for 5 months,
and no problem with emui or notifications
Everything works great.
Only annoying is the lack of updates.
And still no stable custom rom.

dieselhazza

Oct 5, 2015
Everything works great.

So it doesn't receive frequent updates. That can be an issue. I have a sony at the moment which receives frequent updates. That means the mate 10 pro is not treble ready. Might be safer to go with the pixel xl 2 but lets see if the p20 will be treble ready

MichelLoyen

Jan 4, 2011
Tienen
I'm quite interested in the mate 10 pro or soon to be released P20 pro. However I have heard nasty things about the EMUI. One really concerning thing is notifications not coming through. A few more other things too. How many affected by this
Notifications are definitely an issue. When an app is not used for some time notifications will not be delivered. This issue is caused by the far too aggressive battery management. You could disable it but that's not what should have to do.

I have the mate 10 pro and it's certainly not a bad phone, but I wouldn't choose it again. Dual SIM is a requirement for me so at this moment I would probably go for the S9 Plus (also the S9's camera is another reason).

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

kayrune

Jun 24, 2011
I 100% agree with MichelLoyen, I don't trust this phone at all (mate 10 pro). I don't dare installing 3rd party apps for stuff like calendar and sms. My Garmin (bluetooth) connection is completely random if it works or not. The manual battery "managment" settings seems to be ignored in many cases.

Also the M10pro is a "google recomended" device. A status that should give security updates at the latest within 90 days. My phone is on start of november security update. So this is just another bullshit promise that is worthless.

Last edited:

AbuJ3fr

Mar 4, 2018
Notifications are definitely an issue. When an app is not used for some time notifications will not be delivered. This issue is caused by the far too aggressive battery management. You could disable it but that's not what should have to do.

I have the mate 10 pro and it's certainly not a bad phone, but I wouldn't choose it again. Dual SIM is a requirement for me so at this moment I would probably go for the S9 Plus (also the S9's camera is another reason).

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

have you managed to solve the problem ?
actually any app i use for reminders and notification are not working perfectly on my mate 10 pro
for example i have tried 3 apps for prayer reminders and non of them worked for a complete day , it works once and the next it get missed and other delay .
also i have a call recorder which is working great on my Xperia Z3 but here is not recording every single call .
also i have apps called BlipBlip for hourly peeping ... same issue .
i tried to make the Ignore battery optimization
i changed the settings in Launch

no luck
any permanent solution please ?

smilirulz

Aug 6, 2014
Everything works great.

Not sure what do you mean by "lack of updates". I got at least 1 update every month (mate 10 pro bla-l29 on .129 update here, on january 1st security patch). This is more than reasonable. My only problem with notifications is that i dont receive notifications from telegram app, thats all. And this started after an update of the app

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

So it doesn't receive frequent updates. That can be an issue. I have a sony at the moment which receives frequent updates. That means the mate 10 pro is not treble ready. Might be safer to go with the pixel xl 2 but lets see if the p20 will be treble ready

Mate 10 series is treble ready, lol. Search forums

Reactions: mikeazores

dieselhazza

Oct 5, 2015
The Mate seriies is aimed mre at business people just like Samsungd Note series. However if you don't receive notifications on a regular basis this is a major problem. Especially if you are a corporate user you would want your phone to function like a work horse. I'm really upset with Huawei as they have not rectified the software problems. I want to get the new P series if it has OLED display with a 4000mah battery. The one thing that worries me the most is notifications. On the other hand on forums I have come across a fair bit of complaints that certain apps crash on the mate 10 pro. If I'm paying a premium price for a phone i would expect it to be nearly flawless. Also you would expect Huawei to roll out updates fixing the problems.

wooley4766

Aug 11, 2012
Swalmen
The reason why i don't get updates is that i bought the phone in Kuwait since its not being sold in Netherlands... Lol. So i rebranded it to Asia c636 and now it's on January 1st security. Just checked and it is trebble ok. When there is a stable custom rom i will flash it to it this easy way.. I have a mate (no pro) and really everything works flawless. Wifi/4g/Bluetooth /gps /all apps/notifications /calendar etc....
The only thing that doesn't work is huawei cloud.
Reason is that i cannot select Netherlands phonenumber because cloud doesn't work here in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything works great.

Not sure what do you mean by "lack of updates". I got at least 1 update every month (mate 10 pro bla-l29 on .129 update here, on january 1st security patch). This is more than reasonable. My only problem with notifications is that i dont receive notifications from telegram app, thats all. And this started after an update of the app

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Mate 10 series is treble ready, lol. Search forums