EMUI 9.0 Gets Global Release for Honor View 10

Search This thread

fehrcomp

Dec 23, 2009
Basel
which country you are ? and what the set up you did in HiCare app thanks

I'm from Switzerland. There are not many settings in this app. I chose the Swiss-German language and that's it.

My bootloader is unlocked, but root is now gone with Emui 9. An open bootloader doesn't help me much anymore! And I could never really be enthusiastic about Emui. Now I have definitely enough of Huawei. I will sell my Honor View 10. The Oneplus 6t is already ordered.

This was my first Huawei device. I am extremely disappointed how the community was deceived and lied to by Huawei when they advertised this device a year ago. The alleged cooperation with the developers, the possibility of rooting, the disclosure of the source code = everything was only a big fake with the only purpose to sell as many devices as possible.

Even though these days even presidents are twittering fake news daily, it is still not ok to behave like this at all. Bye Huawei!

PowerHero

May 4, 2015
I'm from Switzerland. There are not many settings in this app. I chose the Swiss-German language and that's it.

My bootloader is unlocked, but root is now gone with Emui 9. An open bootloader doesn't help me much anymore! And I could never really be enthusiastic about Emui. Now I have definitely enough of Huawei. I will sell my Honor View 10. The Oneplus 6t is already ordered.

This was my first Huawei device. I am extremely disappointed how the community was deceived and lied to by Huawei when they advertised this device a year ago. The alleged cooperation with the developers, the possibility of rooting, the disclosure of the source code = everything was only a big fake with the only purpose to sell as many devices as possible.

Even though these days even presidents are twittering fake news daily, it is still not ok to behave like this at all. Bye Huawei!
thanks for the reply. and the Oneplus 6t is good choise also was thinking about changing this devise it was just waste of money

Reactions: fehrcomp

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
To the people who have upgraded to EMUI 9.0: Is your "Enable OEM unlock" option in developer settings also greyed out?

Yup. I wasted my time get unlock codes previously now can't even unlock let alone rooting be done on emui 9. I didn't want to root until end of warranty.
0obC2q.jpg

Last edited:

echolock

May 20, 2008
www.datajack.org
Yup. I wasted my time get unlock codes previously now can't even unlock let alone rooting be done on emui 9. I didn't want to root until end of warranty.
0obC2q.jpg

I am able to enable OEM unlock on EMUI 9, or am I missing something?
BKL-L09 / build 9.0.0.159(C432E4R1P9)

From your screenshot it looks like you need to connect to the internet to do so for some reason.

Smaehtin

May 8, 2017

Damn, that sucks. At least I'm not the only one then. Was your bootloader unlocked before updating to EMUI 9?

I am able to enable OEM unlock on EMUI 9, or am I missing something?
BKL-L09 / build 9.0.0.159(C432E4R1P9)

From your screenshot it looks like you need to connect to the internet to do so for some reason.

I'm running the same version, 9.0.0.159(C432E4R1P9), strange. I've tried another SIM card, connecting to the internet, wiping my phone, and none of it worked.
Was your bootloader unlocked before updating to EMUI 9?

echolock

May 20, 2008
www.datajack.org
I'm running the same version, 9.0.0.159(C432E4R1P9), strange. I've tried another SIM card, connecting to the internet, wiping my phone, and none of it worked.
Was your bootloader unlocked before updating to EMUI 9?

No it wasn't; perhaps that's the difference. I've gotten myself an unlock code but decided to only unlock and flash a custom ROM when Honor invariably stop supporting the device with updates - it's my long-term support plan.

Reactions: Smaehtin

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
No it wasn't; perhaps that's the difference. I've gotten myself an unlock code but decided to only unlock and flash a custom ROM when Honor invariably stop supporting the device with updates - it's my long-term support plan.
I am connected to Internet. I didn't unlock my yet either. Not sure why it's greyed out.

Hursty uk

May 25, 2013
leicester
Redmi K20 Pro
I am connected to Internet. I didn't unlock my yet either. Not sure why it's greyed out.

I've never unlocked boot loader and just upgrade to pie and yes I can still select the oem unlock button. If your got a good Internet connection and you have tried resetting your phone. The only thing I can suggest you to do is power off phone hold power button and volume up to get into boot menu then scroll down and select clear cache and partition then reboot. Wait till connected to Internet then try selecting oem unlock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181230_172621_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181230_172621_com.android.settings.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Zenkilla

Apr 29, 2018
I've never unlocked boot loader and just upgrade to pie and yes I can still select the oem unlock button. If your got a good Internet connection and you have tried resetting your phone. The only thing I can suggest you to do is power off phone hold power button and volume up to get into boot menu then scroll down and select clear cache and partition then reboot. Wait till connected to Internet then try selecting oem unlock.

I done all those after each major firmware updates for all my phone. Also I tried again factory reset and cache cleaning still same. Unable to select anything. I should also mention I tested Internet from 2 mobile and 1 home isp. At moment its not a major problem since no rooting available and I am still under warranty.

Last edited:

Smaehtin

May 8, 2017
I done all those after each major firmware updates for all my phone. Also I tried again factory reset and cache cleaning still same. Unable to select anything. I should also mention I tested Internet from 2 mobile and 1 home isp. At moment its not a major problem since no rooting available and I am still under warranty.

Update: I've successfully managed to enable OEM unlock.

What I did was: Downgrade to 8.0.0.172 using HiSuite (press "Update", select "Switch to Other Version", the 8.0.0.172 downgrade should be there under "Earlier Versions"). Then, I made sure the OEM unlock option was disabled after booting up the 8.0.0.172 ROM. Then, upgraded to EMUI 9 (9.0.0.159) again, and I was finally able to enable OEM unlock.
Note that the downgrade will wipe your phone, so it's probably a good idea to make a backup first.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

uncleabubear

• May 1, 2014
    London
    Pie on C636 Asia Australia here in UK.
    Screenshot_20190109-142747.jpeg

Screenshot_20190109-142758.jpeg

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190109-142758.jpeg
      Screenshot_20190109-142758.jpeg
      48.6 KB · Views: 239
    Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      which country you are ? and what the set up you did in HiCare app thanks

Honor’s latest software update for their phones comes in the form of EMUI 9. Today, EMUI 9 is going through a global release which will be available for the following phones: Honor 10, Honor Play, Honor View 10, Huawei Mate 10 and Huawei P20.

Available Channel
      Asia Pacific
      Phone
      Honor View 10
      Model
      Berkeley-L09
      Versions Eligible for Android 9.0 Update
      BKL-L09 8.0.0.173(C636)

Update your compatible phone using the HiCare app and register for Android 9.0.

Open the HiCare app and follow these steps: Log in > Select country/region > Agree to the User Agreement and Privacy Notice > Update > Request update > Apply > Checking for new system update > Download and install.

Source
      Honor’s latest software update for their phones comes in the form of EMUI 9. Today, EMUI 9 is going through a global release which will be available for the following phones: Honor 10, Honor Play, Honor View 10, Huawei Mate 10 and Huawei P20.

Available Channel
      Asia Pacific
      Phone
      Honor View 10
      Model
      Berkeley-L09
      Versions Eligible for Android 9.0 Update
      BKL-L09 8.0.0.173(C636)

Update your compatible phone using the HiCare app and register for Android 9.0.

Open the HiCare app and follow these steps: Log in > Select country/region > Agree to the User Agreement and Privacy Notice > Update > Request update > Apply > Checking for new system update > Download and install.

Source
      Those steps not working for me!Screenshot_20181219-203253.jpegScreenshot_20181219-203314.jpeg

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
      Samsung DeX like feature?

Does it have Samsung DeX like feature?

I'm not sure. There is a new "wireless display" feature but I have not been able to test it yet.

Cheers,

thanks for the reply. and the Oneplus 6t is good choise also was thinking about changing this devise it was just waste of money