• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Emui 9 with Root Honor 8 pro ( tested by myself ...root 100% working ! ) July 2019

Search This thread

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
Hello guys , [ UPDATE ROOT for EMUI 9.1.0.210 .. at bottom ... there are some minor changes]

been reading here and there for a working root but didn't work and my worries to get phone locked / bricked / bootloop
was increasing at any failed test !
THIS method WILL WORK i tested it today and worked ! I'm gonna upload also my magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED (read later) so you can skip few steps !
let's start

(steps are copied by Athanatos81 post here in XDA that's basically what i applied with some minor changes )

I. Rooting your device
1. be sure ADB / fasboot are working on your pc(drivers) and smartphone - INSTALL magisk manager Magisk Manager
2. Download the patched file for your device and copy it to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
( you can use my magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED it's created by using update.app from update.zip file of EMUI BUILD 9.0.1.175(C432E3R1P5)
that means IF you are on emui 9.0.1 with THAT BUILD NUMBER you can use it ... if you are on a different build DO NOT use it, I take no responsabilities !!!
link to magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED magisk_patched_9_0_1_175.img
3. Start your smartphone in fastboot mode pressing [Vol-]+[Power] and connect it to your PC. ( you can NOT enter fastboot? read in next section)
4. Open a Powershell and check if your honor 8 pro is listed by writing :
Code:
fastboot devices
you should see something like BYJDU17803000088 fastboot
that means your phone in correctly in fastboot/connected
5. Flash the Recovery_Ramdisk:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched.img
(in this case MY ALREADY MADE magisk recovery_ramdisk patched is named like that IF you choose a different name that CHANGE it also in the command)
when the process is complete (you'll get something like this
OKAY [ 0.184s]
finished. total time: 0.879s)
you need to REBOOT follow these next steps as i describe them or it won't work :
6. from your pc command window write
Code:
fastboot reboot
as soon as phone reboot
- remove usb cable
- PRESS and HOLD DOWN " volume up " VOL+ , keep it pressed until you see HONOR text (blue screen)
doing this will INSTALL MAGISK
7. your phone boot regularly(hopefully) now open Magisk Manager
you will see MAGISK 19.x.x.
and MAGISK 7.3.2
click on INSTALL (magisk 19.3) --- INSTALL ---- DIRECT INSTALL
when it's done it'll ask you to reboot , click reboot

phone is rooted !!!!!
i hope it helps for any references have a look at these pages which helped me :
root emui 9
magisk download
Magisk info

ROOT EMUI 9.1.0.210
first of all thank you to @OldDroid and @Athanatos81 for support ...
DOWNLOAD my patched magisk: PATCHED Magisk recovery 9.1.0.210

I'll descrive here the process how to update and root from 9.0.1.175 to 9.1.0.210

in my case i was on emui 9.0.1.175 rooted and i couldn't enter recovery or fastboot or simply update through system update !
so before starting it go in system settings -> update and DOWNLOAD your update
when you end your download don't restart and update BUT enter in fastboot:

to enter fastboot i had to restart honor 8 pro (while connected to usb)
and keep pressing VOL DOWN

now in fastboot you'll do following steps
(to install official update YOU FIRST NEED to install stock recovery so in this case 9.0.1.175 stock recovery .. while if you just need root on your actual rom you can just use the patched magisk recovery)

check if your smartphone is seen

fastboot devices

now

fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched_9_1_0_210.img ( in this case is the one i already patched for you )

fastboot reboot

let system start and than use ADB

adb reboot recovery

system will restart now open magisk manager
INSTALL MAGISK( in my case v20.1 )
INSTALL direct
reboot when asked

congratulations your Emui 9.1 is rooted !!!

Last edited:

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
Last edited:

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
Amazon Fire TV
just another important update :
if you have got (probably you did "system settings update") read this:
I've got that "system update settings" on my honor 8 Pro and guess what? I've lost magisk root... so I need to do procedure again.. unbelievable but that is it! I found out cause I started to see annoying advertising and I checked adaway and "no root"

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

maniish22

Jun 22, 2017
Updated magisk_patched_9_1_0_210.img - Magisk v20.4 included , added also the original RECOVERY_RAMDISK extracted from 9.1.0.210.

magisk_patched_9_1_0_210.img md5sum = fa2b59807eac66e128653eaebc433aa3
RECOVERY_RAMDISK_9_1_0_210.img md5sum = c62ac7fdc55cb535d1b627b8f17f1842

Bro which file to flash from this two.. actually I flashed magisk patched file and it worked fine with magisk installed but then I tried custom rom and it didn't work so flashed stock rom again and lost root access so I did same step but this time magisk isn't installing and not giving root access.. idk what's wrong can you please help?

gazon9

Jul 26, 2021
Please help me root this version
RECOVERY_RAMDISK_9_1_0_230.img & magisk_patched_9_1_0_230.img ?? Where can be found ?

Attachments

• honor8pro.jpg
    honor8pro.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 10

puneetbhagat

Jan 13, 2012
Hello guys , [ UPDATE ROOT for EMUI 9.1.0.210 .. at bottom ... there are some minor changes]

been reading here and there for a working root but didn't work and my worries to get phone locked / bricked / bootloop
was increasing at any failed test !
THIS method WILL WORK i tested it today and worked ! I'm gonna upload also my magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED (read later) so you can skip few steps !
let's start

(steps are copied by Athanatos81 post here in XDA that's basically what i applied with some minor changes )

I. Rooting your device
1. be sure ADB / fasboot are working on your pc(drivers) and smartphone - INSTALL magisk manager Magisk Manager
2. Download the patched file for your device and copy it to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
( you can use my magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED it's created by using update.app from update.zip file of EMUI BUILD 9.0.1.175(C432E3R1P5)
that means IF you are on emui 9.0.1 with THAT BUILD NUMBER you can use it ... if you are on a different build DO NOT use it, I take no responsabilities !!!
link to magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED magisk recovery_ramdisk PATCHED magisk_patched_9_0_1_175.img
3. Start your smartphone in fastboot mode pressing [Vol-]+[Power] and connect it to your PC. ( you can NOT enter fastboot? read in next section)
4. Open a Powershell and check if your honor 8 pro is listed by writing :
Code:
fastboot devices
you should see something like BYJDU17803000088 fastboot
that means your phone in correctly in fastboot/connected
5. Flash the Recovery_Ramdisk:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched.img
(in this case MY ALREADY MADE magisk recovery_ramdisk patched is named like that IF you choose a different name that CHANGE it also in the command)
when the process is complete (you'll get something like this
OKAY [ 0.184s]
finished. total time: 0.879s)
you need to REBOOT follow these next steps as i describe them or it won't work :
6. from your pc command window write
Code:
fastboot reboot
as soon as phone reboot
- remove usb cable
- PRESS and HOLD DOWN " volume up " VOL+ , keep it pressed until you see HONOR text (blue screen)
doing this will INSTALL MAGISK
7. your phone boot regularly(hopefully) now open Magisk Manager
you will see MAGISK 19.x.x.
and MAGISK 7.3.2
click on INSTALL (magisk 19.3) --- INSTALL ---- DIRECT INSTALL
when it's done it'll ask you to reboot , click reboot

phone is rooted !!!!!
i hope it helps for any references have a look at these pages which helped me :
root emui 9
magisk download
Magisk info

ROOT EMUI 9.1.0.210
first of all thank you to @OldDroid and @Athanatos81 for support ...
DOWNLOAD my patched magisk: PATCHED Magisk recovery 9.1.0.210

I'll descrive here the process how to update and root from 9.0.1.175 to 9.1.0.210

in my case i was on emui 9.0.1.175 rooted and i couldn't enter recovery or fastboot or simply update through system update !
so before starting it go in system settings -> update and DOWNLOAD your update
when you end your download don't restart and update BUT enter in fastboot:

to enter fastboot i had to restart honor 8 pro (while connected to usb)
and keep pressing VOL DOWN

now in fastboot you'll do following steps
(to install official update YOU FIRST NEED to install stock recovery so in this case 9.0.1.175 stock recovery .. while if you just need root on your actual rom you can just use the patched magisk recovery)

check if your smartphone is seen

fastboot devices

now

fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched_9_1_0_210.img ( in this case is the one i already patched for you )

fastboot reboot

let system start and than use ADB

adb reboot recovery

system will restart now open magisk manager
INSTALL MAGISK( in my case v20.1 )
INSTALL direct
reboot when asked

congratulations your Emui 9.1 is rooted !!!
please upload again the patched 9.1.0.212 .img file, thank you!
currently I'm trying to download stock firmware Indian variant 9.1.0.212(C675E7R1P6) so that I can extract update zip and pick stock recovery_ramdisk.img file to patch with Magisk and use fastboot flash method after it is patched. please let me know if there is something I'm missing or doing wrong. I urgently need some lost files last month. very urgent matter. plz help me if you can

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts