EMUI12 for P20 Pro

Search This thread

PatRyk73

Aug 10, 2022
Poland - T-Mobile, still no update... though maybe that's because of the T-Mobile branding? I wonder if you can actually uninstall it, it's the DT.POL thing under the current version. I think it might be possible to uninstall it because it only installed after I put a T-Mobile SIM in it. Any help or thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810_191736_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810_191736_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 69

Pawlosek

Apr 29, 2011
Poland - T-Mobile, still no update... though maybe that's because of the T-Mobile branding? I wonder if you can actually uninstall it, it's the DT.POL thing under the current version. I think it might be possible to uninstall it because it only installed after I put a T-Mobile SIM in it. Any help or thoughts?
I bought mine at P4 and there isn't any branding. Possible solutions:
- updating through HiSuite (official one)
- eject T-mobile card and then try update through HiSuite
- eject T-mobile card > make factory reset > try update clean phone without any SIM inserted
- switch SIM to other provider and then try

I guess it's just the matter of time when you'll receive it even with this T-Mobile branding. They never send update globally at the same time.

PatRyk73

Aug 10, 2022
I bought mine at P4 and there isn't any branding. Possible solutions:
- updating through HiSuite (official one)
- eject T-mobile card and then try update through HiSuite
- eject T-mobile card > make factory reset > try update clean phone without any SIM inserted
- switch SIM to other provider and then try

I guess it's just the matter of time when you'll receive it even with this T-Mobile branding. They never send update globally at the same time.
I have already tried with HiSuite, trying to eject the SIM, and trying another carrier. I can try factory resetting, but I'm going away from home soon, so I need my phone working. Maybe it will pop up later this month...

aLcaTr4z

Jul 9, 2019
What an Upgrade, love the Camera App Update. So much new cool stuff in there, finally time to kick of Gcam 5.x... :D

Grazeholder

Feb 9, 2014
Athens
I see that a lot of people take EMUI 12 but i even with hisuite proxy it doesnt show me the update...
I think i have to wait to show up on it`s own.
What country you got the update?

TaPetas

Jul 22, 2012
Lithuania
Hi all. Installed stable emui 12 wia proxy hisuite for C432 region.

First impression - its not stable. Also hate split notifications bar.

Not so smooth animations - sometimes.

Battery drains a bit faster.

Overral verdict - dont update. Stay with emui 9.1 or emui 10. Far more better releass, more stable, faster.

This emui 12 for this old phone p20 pro not worth. It makes only to think about new phone.

So at free time i'll rollback to emui 10. F***k this emui 12 :lol:

Reactions: Andkobe

mrabcx

Feb 18, 2011
I've got a P20 Pro still running 8.1.0. The phone is rooted and OTA update seems to have been disabled (turning it on from dubugger options doesn't seem to work either). What would be the easiest way to update the phone to 12? I would like to preserve all data but keeping root is not necessary.

aLcaTr4z

Jul 9, 2019
There wont be smart ways to keep the Data on the Phone while Upgrading.

Create a Backup, then Update to; 9.1 -> 10 -> EMUi12

Top Liked Posts