EMUI12 for P20 Pro

Search This thread

PatRyk73

Aug 10, 2022
Poland - T-Mobile, still no update... though maybe that's because of the T-Mobile branding? I wonder if you can actually uninstall it, it's the DT.POL thing under the current version. I think it might be possible to uninstall it because it only installed after I put a T-Mobile SIM in it. Any help or thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810_191736_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810_191736_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 138

Pawlosek

Apr 29, 2011
Poland - T-Mobile, still no update... though maybe that's because of the T-Mobile branding? I wonder if you can actually uninstall it, it's the DT.POL thing under the current version. I think it might be possible to uninstall it because it only installed after I put a T-Mobile SIM in it. Any help or thoughts?
I bought mine at P4 and there isn't any branding. Possible solutions:
- updating through HiSuite (official one)
- eject T-mobile card and then try update through HiSuite
- eject T-mobile card > make factory reset > try update clean phone without any SIM inserted
- switch SIM to other provider and then try

I guess it's just the matter of time when you'll receive it even with this T-Mobile branding. They never send update globally at the same time.

PatRyk73

Aug 10, 2022
I bought mine at P4 and there isn't any branding. Possible solutions:
- updating through HiSuite (official one)
- eject T-mobile card and then try update through HiSuite
- eject T-mobile card > make factory reset > try update clean phone without any SIM inserted
- switch SIM to other provider and then try

I guess it's just the matter of time when you'll receive it even with this T-Mobile branding. They never send update globally at the same time.
I have already tried with HiSuite, trying to eject the SIM, and trying another carrier. I can try factory resetting, but I'm going away from home soon, so I need my phone working. Maybe it will pop up later this month...

aLcaTr4z

Jul 9, 2019
What an Upgrade, love the Camera App Update. So much new cool stuff in there, finally time to kick of Gcam 5.x... :D

Grazeholder

Feb 9, 2014
Athens
I see that a lot of people take EMUI 12 but i even with hisuite proxy it doesnt show me the update...
I think i have to wait to show up on it`s own.
What country you got the update?

TaPetas

Jul 22, 2012
Lithuania
Hi all. Installed stable emui 12 wia proxy hisuite for C432 region.

First impression - its not stable. Also hate split notifications bar.

Not so smooth animations - sometimes.

Battery drains a bit faster.

Overral verdict - dont update. Stay with emui 9.1 or emui 10. Far more better releass, more stable, faster.

This emui 12 for this old phone p20 pro not worth. It makes only to think about new phone.

So at free time i'll rollback to emui 10. F***k this emui 12 :lol:

Reactions: Andkobe

mrabcx

Feb 18, 2011
I've got a P20 Pro still running 8.1.0. The phone is rooted and OTA update seems to have been disabled (turning it on from dubugger options doesn't seem to work either). What would be the easiest way to update the phone to 12? I would like to preserve all data but keeping root is not necessary.

aLcaTr4z

Jul 9, 2019
There wont be smart ways to keep the Data on the Phone while Upgrading.

Create a Backup, then Update to; 9.1 -> 10 -> EMUi12

ditar86

Apr 13, 2015
Huawei P10
I have a problem with my p20 pro. It lags when I check something on Chrome or I use keyboard to write something. It freezes. I need to push on/off button and it works then. I dont need to turn it off but just take it to sleep mode. I ls it the device problem or the update?

Grazeholder

Feb 9, 2014
Athens
I have a problem with my p20 pro. It lags when I check something on Chrome or I use keyboard to write something. It freezes. I need to push on/off button and it works then. I dont need to turn it off but just take it to sleep mode. I ls it the device problem or the update
Mine does the same probably is the software. I will do a format on the phone maybe this week and i hope to solve the problem. Aslo a bit slow and laggy for me in general but it was before the update. So maybe mine needs a format for sure.

ditar86

Apr 13, 2015
Huawei P10
Mine does the same probably is the software. I will do a format on the phone maybe this week and i hope to solve the problem. Aslo a bit slow and laggy for me in general but it was before the update. So maybe mine needs a format for sure.
Thanks. can you let me know if works better? I don't want to format it I use it to month I bought it form someone and it was formated. But I got at once the update, and I wonder if it's the problem with the phone the software or what ...

Reactions: Grazeholder

algarues

Feb 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
I updated to EMUI 12 after doing a factory reset.

Then, I disabled a few of the apps / services that I normally do not use such as chrome, photos, google search etc. etc.
Anything that i disabled I also did in other phones that I own because I always found out these would slow things down a lot. That is in my hands.

I also use blokada with an extensive host file which blocks a lot of tracking, background connections etc.

I keep automatic sync off.

I am not interested in following instagram, tiktok etc. I do not play PUBG and similar.

I have to say that the phone is super snappy, i see no lags and no problems with more than one app open.

Regarding picture quality, initially they seemed a bit mmmmmmh when looked at on the display of the phone. Then I forced high resolution (the automatic one does nothing in my eyes) and they looked better.

The real test would be to look at them at 1:1 resolution on an external display. This should also be done for the high-res pictures. Normally these high-res tweaks do not look any different from normal on the phone screen.
I haven't done that yet.

However, it seems to me that post-processing is different and that pictures now are softened rather than sharpened like on EMUI 8.

My personal opinion is that when a new phone comes out, Huawei optimizes a lot the rom and the camera app for that phone for the wow effect for the release of a new product (e.g. reviews).

As time goes by and new models come out, the older phones receive sort of "generic" software that does not really leverage on the specific hardware of each model.

Saddiq_U

Feb 7, 2020
I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Is it really worth updating to EMUI12 for P20 Pro?

I'm sure by now all regions have the update available.

The reviews that say their phones are slower, batteries drain faster, updates the worst really worry me. Should I just skip this update?

Grazeholder

Feb 9, 2014
Athens
Thanks. can you let me know if works better? I don't want to format it I use it to month I bought it form someone and it was formated. But I got at once the update, and I wonder if it's the problem with the phone the software or what ...
Hello, I finally did the system restore on the phone and after 5 days the phone seems to be more smooth and with no problems so far. I also had a problem with the bluetooth with my lenovo eyarbuds and the mic was not working now the work fine with no problems ( other bluetooth devices as my huawei gt2 pro and other earbuds would work normal excpet my lenovo and the problem is fixed) also the lagging on chrome is now gone.

ditar86

Apr 13, 2015
Huawei P10
Hello, I finally did the system restore on the phone and after 5 days the phone seems to be more smooth and with no problems so far. I also had a problem with the bluetooth with my lenovo eyarbuds and the mic was not working now the work fine with no problems ( other bluetooth devices as my huawei gt2 pro and other earbuds would work normal excpet my lenovo and the problem is fixed) also the lagging on chrome is now gone.
thanks for the answer. in the meantime I have bought a used huawei p20 pro, and it was with emui 9. I saw the the problem occured as well but not så often. But still. What is strange I did not get the update to emui 12 with the other phone. But now I am using p30 pro and when I started to write back to you the same problem occured. But it do not occur with my old huawei p10 at least i did not notice that.

flaryx

Jun 11, 2018
My P20 Pro is on 10.0.0.190 (CLT-L29 C636) and i want to try EMUI 12. Unfortunately there is no update available on hisuite proxy.

Is it possible to use updates from other region/model without bricking the phone thru hisuite proxy?

Top Liked Posts