Emulating a NTAG215 (amiibo) with CyanogenMod 10.2 or older.

Search This thread

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
Nothing will probably happen, as you apparently need an old Android phone that can run CM9 or 10, and also has NFC.
So unless someone makes a custom ROM with the old NFC code from CM9, or makes an Xposed module, then its pretty much impossible.

Fartonaut

Jul 30, 2017
I have a rooted samsung galaxy core LTE running android 4.4.2 that i would be willing to use to help this cause.

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
See if you can get the AID from an Amiibo.
I had a look at this for about a week and with NFC, eg bank cards, when you scan them, they respond basically saying "this card/amiibo will only communicate with the AID 1234567890" so your device has to respond saying "Yes, I support AID 1234567890" and then you can communicate.
The problem is that you can't extract the AID from a card or amiibo so there's no way of knowing what AID Amiibo's are looking for.
I tried an XPosed module that let's you blindly accept all AIDs but I couldn't get it working. Possibly because I wasn't on CM9.

Or possibly because it uses another format of NFC that doesn't use AIDs.

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
Last edited:
Reactions: VOID001 and Elykia

bobbyp1086

Really bringing back the dead here but I have a s3 Erin 4..0. It's the straight talk variant, flashed with Verizon cm11. I cannot find 10.2 or lower. I am willing to try this if someone knows how to compile an old cm build. I also have those files as well, thought it was the rom but it's not open the zip and it's xmls. I am out of my league there, but I also have a rooted note 4 originally 4.4, now it's rr 8.1. N910p for the note and the image that the s3 is saying is d2vzw.
I can get this to work if I had cm, I had it reading amiibos and with a free app combos it can emulate ANY tag. Or so I'm told.
Thanks

Reactions: einheit_956

sanemars

May 15, 2020
I want to emulate amiibo on ns , I got samsung i9300 and flash CyanogenMod 9.1 . follow [emulating-pki-smart-card-with-cm91] guide , but phone side receive nothing when I put it on ns ,could someone help out ?

eoinzy

Feb 22, 2011
Dublin
www.dingostew.com
I think the phone is meant to initiate the communication.

Also, when I looked at this, there was an issue with the AIDs. If your app didn't register to listen for the correct AID, then nothing would happen.
The solution to this was to install an XPosed module that let your device accept requests for any AID.

sanemars

May 15, 2020
I think the phone is meant to initiate the communication.

Also, when I looked at this, there was an issue with the AIDs. If your app didn't register to listen for the correct AID, then nothing would happen.
The solution to this was to install an XPosed module that let your device accept requests for any AID.

CyanogenMod 10.2 api level is 18 can't set AID

sanemars

May 15, 2020
---
as the video show ns nfc reader receive some data , but phone side got nothing

phone log
Screen%20Shot%202020-05-17%20at%206.02.29%20PM.png

phone info
WechatIMG2.png

WechatIMG3.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My theory is to put 2 apps on the web together, basically "TagMo" and "Android Smart Card Emulator", since they're both on GitHub, you can just take it.
    My problem is;
    I've been looking into the code and at some point I'm just losing it and can't make sense out if it anymore.
    I need somebody with Android Coding Skills to help me out.

I'm willing to put an end to this, I mean, there's already a market for this, look at Amiiqo and such.
    I want this on my CM.

Now, it seems it is possible to emulate virtual NFC cards of different origins, see "Android Smart Card Emulator" on:
    Code:
    https://frankmorgner.github.io/vsmartcard/ACardEmulator/README.html
    On the website it tells that it can emulate a bunch of different cards:
    Code:
    The remote interface can be used together with the Virtual Smart Card, which allows emulating the following cards:

Generic ISO-7816 smart card
    German electronic identity card (nPA)
    Electronic passport
    We don't need all of that, what we need is the NTAG215 protocol.

Well, that other app I mentioned; "TagMo", already has support builtin for the NTAG215.
    Code:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tagmo-tool-for-creating-editing-amiibos.431670/
    On that website it will tell you all about "TagMo", including the following:
    Code:
    Write dump files from legitimate Amiibos into an NTAG215 NFC in a way that WiiU/3DS devices will consider the NFC tag to be a legitimate Amiibo with the same functionality.
    Save data of a tag to a file and restore it to the same or different Amiibo/Clone provided they are of the same character/game/series.

I will try to setup something with these 2 apps and see what I can bake, but like I said, I'm not making any sense out of it much.
    Some help would be really appreciated.
    Still interested.. I plan also my luck with a op5 and xposed via magisk.. we look see. @eoinzy witch module did you use?

I think it was this module:
    https://github.com/johnzweng/XposedModifyAidRouting

But not 100%.
    If you Google, there might be others.

You can also look at the TagMo source to see how they write to amiibos (it doesn't read though).
    In GBAtemp, there are people working in document everything about the amiibos, the Nintendo figurines. At the moment, we are able to dump them, decrypt them, modify some stats about them, encrypt them again, and send the modified dump to amiibo again.
    I'm here to ask you about the phone part of the last one. As you can see in his video, he's been able to emulate a NTAG215 tag. People has been saying that was not possible, because with the Android Host Card Emulation you can only emulate NFC Forum Type 4 Tags. But as it seems, with CyanogenMod 10.2 or older (the last version where the Cyanogen team used their own HCE implementation, instead of the official Android one) you are able to emulate NFC Forum Type 2 Tags, because the CM implementation is not as restrictive as the official one.

sweis12 is not going to release anything or show us his app code, so we're alone on this one. We need an app that uses the old CM's HCE implementation to host bin files. Do you know any app that does that, or can you help me to write one?
    Really bringing back the dead here but I have a s3 Erin 4..0. It's the straight talk variant, flashed with Verizon cm11. I cannot find 10.2 or lower. I am willing to try this if someone knows how to compile an old cm build. I also have those files as well, thought it was the rom but it's not open the zip and it's xmls. I am out of my league there, but I also have a rooted note 4 originally 4.4, now it's rr 8.1. N910p for the note and the image that the s3 is saying is d2vzw.
    I can get this to work if I had cm, I had it reading amiibos and with a free app combos it can emulate ANY tag. Or so I'm told.
    Thanks