[EMULATOR] CPSEmu 1.4 : CPS2 emulator for android

Search This thread

ssmr2t

Jan 19, 2011
Every single rom I download gives me some type of error message. Is there any easy way to play the games? as in, can I just download a .tor with all the stuff I need? Or maybe someone could give instructions to that of us whom are half retarded? :p thanks

X

Xdaoscar996

I got it to work, Running smooth on evo

the way I did it was using the search option within the app, and it found the clone and all that.

Sorry if this is offtopic but has anyone sucesfully emulated the old spiderman game with the other emulators on the market?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jlew2

Nov 23, 2010
Can someone further explain the clone parent concept

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
Excited Xperia PLAY owner and classic collector here. Gotta see which CPS2 boards I still have laying around (probably all suicided by now!). :D

Last edited:

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London
OMG :eek:

This is awesome.
Thank you so much for this.

Confirmed working on SGTP1000 with OC 4.1

My thumbs aren't used to this...been over twenty years :p

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Example:

You cannot run Super Street Fighter II Turbo without Super Street Fighter II ROM.

The Turbo addition (CLONE) relies on code in the Original (PARENT) to run; hence you would need both.

Does that help?

tplotplo

May 2, 2010
Thank you for sharing the .apk here. It's working well on my phone. Just one question tho, why such permission as reading phone's logs?

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi, this is used if you click the mail button, this send me the logcat output if people have some crash/problems.
If you dont use the mail button no logs are read.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Aganar

Jan 7, 2012
Washington, D.C.

In my time working with MAME roms in the past, it usually works like this:

Any given arcade game will usually have half a dozen versions, depending on where it was released. These versions are for the various localizations. You generally have a US, Japan, Europe, China, and Brazil version (probably others I'm forgetting).

Since a full rom from the 90's takes anywhere from 16-50 megs to include all the graphical assets and whatnot, there will usually be one "parent" ROM (in my experience it's most often the European one, which doesn't make sense to me, but whatever) which is the full size, while all of the other ROM versions will only be 3 megs or so, and basically all they include are the localization files and graphics (i.e. areas where the US version differs from the Europe version). That saves space, and the rest is linked. Unfortunately, it means that if you've always gotta make sure you have the core rom before you download any regional variation, or it won't work.

mikef1182

Dec 21, 2005
Raleigh
Just picked this up from the Android Market. Plays really well! I was able to play X-Men vs SF with no issues at all! Great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android.
    If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
    - You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" folder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
    - CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
    - Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Capcom Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. CPS2 games software sold separately. "Capcom" is a registered trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd. All individual games screen shots or audio that are simulated by CPSEmu software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used for the purpose of informing the customer of the software's functionality.

Changelog:
    =======
    • 1.4:
      • Fix a crash on android devices with an OS < 3.0 (Honeycomb)
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences ( Android 3.0+ )
    • 1.3:
      • Joystick/buttons size and position can be configured from preferences
      • Fix a crash on Android 2.1 when launching a rom
      • Fix a crash with dialogs when screen orientation changes
      • Improve previews downloader
      • Some bug fix
    • 1.2:
      • fix background borders color (gray > black) on some devices
      • keep screen on while emulator is running
      • add switch button to in-game menu
      • switch kick and punch buttons for 6 buttons games
    • 1.1:
      • fix a crash when trying to run an unsupported rom
      • prevent the launch of a clone rom if it's parent is not in the rom directory
      • fix a crash when trying to assign hardware buttons twice in a row in preferences
      • fix (probably) problem with hardware key mapping (up/left/right/down)
      • should add android 3.0+ native compatibility

Cpasjuste said:
    Hi,

here is the first release of my CPS2 emulator for android. If you like my work you can support me by buying the donation version on the market :)

CPSEmu is a Capcom CPS2 emulator for android. Play your favorites CPS2 games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Progear, Mars Matrix and more on your android device.

- Use the same GUI as my NeoGeo emulator "NeoDroid", so "NeoDroid" will benefit of all the changes added for this release.
    - You can put your roms anywhere on your device, but a cache file is created for every (parent) games in a "cache" forlder in your roms directory. If you move your roms, move that folder too.
    - CPSEmu use a cache file when running, if you have some slowdown in the emulation, try to move your roms on another partition/sdcard.
    - Thanks to frandroid for providing an xperia play device to improve/add control code/compatibility

LEGAL NOTICE:
    =============
    - YOU MUST OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME BEFORE DOWNLOADING A ROM
    - No roms are included with this emulator
    - Capcom is a registred trademark of Capcom Co. Ltd.

Not bad.. gave it a go on my transformer and just got 19xx to play. When creating the cache images of any other game like mvc, I kept on getting error messages, something about crc and CPU1 (sorry, I forgot exactly what the message said, but I will check later). The roms are ok as I know for a fact that they work.

One other thing is that I couldn't change directory and the device did not look on my SD card to see if the roms were there or not.

That said, 19xx plays butter smooth, although the on screen controls could be better (ie the cross pad a bit larger as it is very easy to run your fingers out of it). I still have to try with my TF keyboard though.

Good job otherwise. I will test on my EVO 3d and report back.
    Seems that without financial benefit, the dev has abandoned this project. Shame.

You are the shame ;)
    Don't worry about me developpement is not finnish, i just also have a life.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
    Will you be continuing development of CPSEmu and Neodroid in the future?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Yes I will. But I did recently focus on my final burn alpha port, you should give it a try ( search afba on xda forums)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Man, you made me register on this forum only to say THANK YOU MAN!
    I can play Marvel vs Capcom smoothly on my device now :D :D :D

PS:Sorry for the bad english, i'm actually brazilian so english isn't my mother language.