[emulator] [NDS]+[tweaks] DraStic for android

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
i asked the dev if certain settings enabled would have a negative impact on battery life.; this was what he said:

We haven't done any actual experiments so it's hard to know for sure. These are just some educated guesses.

Fast forward: It will probably increase power consumption, the more it actually speeds things up. Lowering the fast-forward cap should therefore lower the impact.
Filters: Impact should be small but non-zero.
Multi-threaded: It depends on the game, but it's possible that this could actually increase battery life. Always remember though, this causes glitches in some games.
Sound: It shouldn't increase power consumption through more CPU utilization, but it may increase power consumption just by virtue of driving the speakers. So that should be proportionate to how high your volume is.
Microphone: I don't know about Android devices but on Pandora we could see a big measurable increase in power consumption when microphone is enabled. I have to ask how Lordus handles this but it only gets enabled if the game tries to use it, so it doesn't apply to everything there.
http://drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1128

Tommebaas

Jan 2, 2010
Yeah there are Zelda games for the NDS, I want to play it so badly but it keeps force closing!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
Fomr some reason, Poke White freezes randomly. Tried it on Nexus 4 and HP touchpad, but nexus 4 freezes more often. any else experience this?

Pao

Dec 3, 2012
Fomr some reason, Poke White freezes randomly. Tried it on Nexus 4 and HP touchpad, but nexus 4 freezes more often. any else experience this?
I had this problem with older build, newer (Right, newer?) fixed this problem. I finished Platinum and White without any crash!

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
I had this problem with older build, newer (Right, newer?) fixed this problem. I finished Platinum and White without any crash!
i have the latest build ATM and it crashes. Most of the time, it happens while i am talking to someone or i go into a new area. But one time it happened in the middle of the battle. i have feeling it's casued by fast-forwarding

I also like to add that despite underclocking, the app makes my cpu reach 50 C.

Last edited:

theblacksnake

Jul 14, 2012
transfer dsv file from drastic to desmume

I tried every way to save in drastic, but the to gdrive uploaded file simply doesn't work in desmume. It would be so awsome to switch between PC and phone. The battery drain is huuuuge
desmume seems to add a footer to the end of the dsv save file. Copy the dsv from drastic(/sdcard/drastic/backup/gamename.dsv) to desmume(desmumefolder/battery), open it with a hex editor and add this to the end of the file:
|<--Snip above here to create a raw sav by excluding this DeSmuME savedata footer:........................|-DESMUME SAVE-|

more info & screenshots:
http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1675