https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drasticdemo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drastic

heard a lot about this emulator
many consider it a lot better than nds4droid
Much better than most emulators
the first link is of the demo version and the second is of the paid one
try buying the paid version if you like the demo version

First, to get nice performance
Enable multi threaded 3d rendering option in the options menu (change options) and restart the emulator (may give graphical glitches)
If your emulator is still slow, set filter to none (makes the screen look pretty bad, however liked by some people)
Disable sound for even more speed
And don't mess with the amount of frameskips

Here are SkyandDirt's tweaking (battery) which really was helpful
With this I could run the emulator for 3.5+ hours without heating up my device

max702MHz (mines at 590)
min384MHz
ONDEMAND
90%hotplug
128MHz max GPU
It saves a lot of battery at those settings and runs the emulator without slowing it (at least for me)

Last edited:
Reactions: imeem and Razer(x)

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
Yes it's great, I'm playing through prof Layton and the spectre atm.

Pokemon x and y though will be for the 3ds only afaik

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
No I haven't tried, I'm not into Pokémon.

I've heard they run fine though, but make sure to get patched versions of those ROMs as they have anti piracy protection built in.

Example the prof Layton last spectre rom wouldn't get past the first puzzle until I got the patched version of the rom... In now on chapter 7

Pao

Dec 3, 2012
I tried Pokémon HG, White and Black 2... 100%! FULL SPEED! Amazing!
There's only a problem, the games crash really often.

chucky91

Oct 25, 2010
Grigny
Pokémon Diamant/Perle/Platine/Black 1&2/White 1&2/HG/SS work (patched versions)! Tested with my N4. New super Mario Bros and Mario Kart also work ;)

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4

Last edited:

DirgeExtinction

Sep 24, 2010
From what I've heard and read, emulators in the Play Store like Desmune are ported from their Windows versions, while this one is made from the ground up to work on Android.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

darkrai

Jan 6, 2013
Pune
Pokemon white running at full speed without even a single lag!
This emulator is soooo good!

babalonius508

Sep 29, 2011
Austin
I've tried DSoid, nds4droid, and the tiger DS emulator and I can assure you, DraStic is the best DS emulator you can get. Well worth the money.

Sent from my Nexus 4

saintsinner25

Mar 25, 2011
Jaipur
i've played more than 17 hours of pokemon black 2 with emulator and it works even better than desmume on windows.seriously.

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Last edited:
Reactions: ngoralph

ermacwins

Aug 25, 2009
The old save files are probably still in /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/savestates (as long as you didn't delete the app/its data before updating). The new app directory is /storage/sdcard0/drastic.

I uninstalled app before updating. Thought that files that were later created wouldn't be deleted. So now still try look for online save files and see if will work with this emu

klvnhng

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Anyone having issues getting battery save files (.dsv) from drastic to play on desmume (pc emulator)? The save files play fine on my Nexus 4 with drastic, but desmume says they're corrupted. Any ideas?

Pao

Dec 3, 2012
Anyone having crashes? When I play Pokémon MD: Explorers of Sky sometimes it crashes to menu :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would you even bother becoming a member on a DEVELOPER site if you're going to brag about how to get paid apps for free and therefore rip off DEVELOPERS?
    While most of XDA's development work is making ROMs, kernels, mods etc. there are a hell of a lot of them who are app developers. In a lot of cases, those developers will need/want to make a bit of money and therefore will put a price on their app. If everyone was to do the same as you, there would be no app developers around because they'd all be fed up of spending their own free time just to get ripped off.

Finally, do you really think that none of us know how to get apps unlawfully? That's truly not the case. The difference is that there's a lot of people who will get apps the legit way so that it supports the developer and therefore may produce more great work from said developer.
    This emulator is a great example of that. Over the couple of years it took to create this app, all the people who helped contribute or test were given the app for free (as a way to say thanks for their help). A lot of those people still went ahead and donated to the developer even though they didn't need to. It's called respect.

I suggest you take a look at the forum rules and realize what website you're on before posting such things again.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drasticdemo
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsemu.drastic

heard a lot about this emulator
    many consider it a lot better than nds4droid
    Much better than most emulators
    the first link is of the demo version and the second is of the paid one
    try buying the paid version if you like the demo version

First, to get nice performance
    Enable multi threaded 3d rendering option in the options menu (change options) and restart the emulator (may give graphical glitches)
    If your emulator is still slow, set filter to none (makes the screen look pretty bad, however liked by some people)
    Disable sound for even more speed
    And don't mess with the amount of frameskips

Here are SkyandDirt's tweaking (battery) which really was helpful
    With this I could run the emulator for 3.5+ hours without heating up my device

max702MHz (mines at 590)
    min384MHz
    ONDEMAND
    90%hotplug
    128MHz max GPU
    It saves a lot of battery at those settings and runs the emulator without slowing it (at least for me)
    Have you tried diamond or pearl on the emulator?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Works fine, but there are some texture glitches (you can see black lines/dots separating objects, especially in the open world).

anyone knows where the savefiles go???

/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/savestates
    Updated emu and lost all roms and save files

The old save files are probably still in /storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/savestates (as long as you didn't delete the app/its data before updating). The new app directory is /storage/sdcard0/drastic.
    Anyone tried running pokemon x or y?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

X and Y aren't ds games.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app