• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Emulators

Search This thread

byrdcfmma

Sep 26, 2012
Central FL
I have not done a whole lot with emulators in the past, but looking to try a few. I dont mind paying for them at the play store since I got a $30 credit anyway, but wondering if some are better that others. I dont want to spend money on ones that dont work well.

I have a box of old playstation and PS2 games, so I would probably start there.

JmJ17

Dec 16, 2005
Jaen
In my opinion, the best emulators for Android are the ones created by Robert Broglia. Search this developer in Google Play.

Traace

Mar 13, 2010
Well, if u plan to spend money

Get(paid):
FPSE -> for PSX (Has issue with Spyro 2 EU(only), will never get fixed)
DraStic -> for Nintendo DS
Mupen64Plus(currently unstable + don't use version from playstore, they outdated) (glideN64 is WIP) -> for N64

For all other plattform -> always use free apps. The paid there just steal free sourcecodes and sell its app under a new interface

DaPhinc

May 12, 2012
Thanks. But thats the same version as in playstore. Maybe Traace was mistaken about the playstore version beeing outdated...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

melo_mx

Oct 22, 2012
Kodi_20150723_203007.jpg
Got my ROMs setup nicely on the shield!

baileyjr

Aug 21, 2012
Cardiff
No mine are just zipped n64 or z64 files. I think the auto scan failed for me as well actually and I had to browse manually to my roms folder. Thereafter it remembered the path. I'll double check as I need to reinstall again after unlocking my bootloader and rooting

baileyjr

Aug 21, 2012
Cardiff
This will help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZKmGNyIyH0&list=FLgAY4O5NcmChSgtegVnlRRg&index=1

Although if you do the same while using the Rice pluggin there is an option to import the textures from a zip file at the bottom and it will automatically create the sub-folders within the Mupen64 directory structure for you. You do need to copy and then edit whatever plugin you want to use to enable the high res textures first. Once you figure that out its plain sailing.

Reactions: miseryguts

miseryguts

Jul 12, 2012
This will help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZKmGNyIyH0&list=FLgAY4O5NcmChSgtegVnlRRg&index=1

Although if you do the same while using the Rice pluggin there is an option to import the textures from a zip file at the bottom and it will automatically create the sub-folders within the Mupen64 directory structure for you. You do need to copy and then edit whatever plugin you want to use to enable the high res textures first. Once you figure that out its plain sailing.

Thanks for that bailey.. can't do anything until my Airmouse arrives though, I've tried navigating ES with the pad before & it's a nightmare.

baileyjr

Aug 21, 2012
Cardiff
Thanks for that bailey.. can't do anything until my Airmouse arrives though, I've tried navigating ES with the pad before & it's a nightmare.

I actually prefer ES using the pad its fine once you get used to it. I never use a mouse.

Just a note to say I tied it with the glide plugin and couldn't get it to work. Does work perfectly with the a modified "Rice Accurate" plugin for me though.

miseryguts

Jul 12, 2012
It's more than likely my impatience, couldn't work out how to navigate all the sub menus what buttons/stick clicks etc for the various commands.

Thanks I'll give the Rice one a try, mouse is coming today & I've some time time off work so plenty of time to tinker.

miseryguts

Jul 12, 2012
Not managed to get the texture packs to load after a couple of hours trying & am gonna call it a day for now before I'm throwing the controller at the wall.. if anybody has a clue what I'm doing wrong I'd love to know.
Tried leaving the files as they are, unzipped/zipped, renamed, variations of folder names, different drives, different plugins etc etc.. couldn't think of anything else to try.

baileyjr

Aug 21, 2012
Cardiff
Not managed to get the texture packs to load after a couple of hours trying & am gonna call it a day for now before I'm throwing the controller at the wall.. if anybody has a clue what I'm doing wrong I'd love to know.
Tried leaving the files as they are, unzipped/zipped, renamed, variations of folder names, different drives, different plugins etc etc.. couldn't think of anything else to try.

Try importing the Texture pack Zip directly from the bottom of Rice Plugin, when your editing it. And make sure you've selected that plugin for the game when you run it. You can configure each game separately by clicking on its cover, so it may still be trying to use one of the other plugins and not the edited rice one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/whok40tlct6cq03/Super Mario 64.zip?dl=0
Here you go here's a Mario64 one, It should say "Mollymutts" when you start the game up if its worked.

Top Liked Posts