Question Enable Auto Phone Call Recording

Search This thread

rogerrulez

"Not good". Nothing responds by saying we are going to close this case.Thats very disappointing. It clearly show the company's direction. But we'll see because I questioned that email. But I'm almost ready to dump this device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319-212044.png
    Screenshot_20230319-212044.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 49

rogerrulez

Well, it is official ! Nothing returned with my request to have call recording enabled and they have declined that request.
They said that since android 13 came into play that option is no longer available.

So me going forward Nothing is not on my future. Unless I root. And I've told them that as well. They are closed to that idea. Therefore, my interests in the Nothing products has seized.

This is a very unfortunate ending to this battle.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Well, it is official ! Nothing returned with my request to have call recording enabled and they have declined that request.
They said that since android 13 came into play that option is no longer available.

So me going forward Nothing is not on my future. Unless I root. And I've told them that as well. They are closed to that idea. Therefore, my interests in the Nothing products has seized.

This is not a Nothing problem. This is regional problem. You'll see the same problem on all brands.

You have the option to change your ROM to a region that supports call recording like India, but that again doesn't guarantee that this feature would be available because your SIM card also plays a factor.

Rooting ofcourse solves all these limitations, but it comes with its own set of problems like banking and some gaming apps not working.

rogerrulez

If not them, then another company. Someone who backs their products.

rogerrulez

I have just set-up my OnePlus 7t pro because I was preparing to sell the nothing phone. But I go thinking. First, has anyone had any luck ?
I have read that native call recording is built in. So decided that, first I am going to call Nothing. And secondly it seems like rooting may be the only way. So I may give it one last try.

I will keep updated. As early as tomorrow when I call Nothing.

Reactions: pepelemoko

rogerrulez

I have just set-up my OnePlus 7t pro because I was preparing to sell the nothing phone. But I go thinking. First, has anyone had any luck ?
I have read that native call recording is built in. So decided that, first I am going to call Nothing. And secondly it seems like rooting may be the only way. So I may give it one last try.

I will keep updated. As early as tomorrow when I call Nothing.
Also I have read that if you insert a sim card from India, the record option shows up automatically.

rogerrulez

This is not a Nothing problem. This is regional problem. You'll see the same problem on all brands.

You have the option to change your ROM to a region that supports call recording like India, but that again doesn't guarantee that this feature would be available because your SIM card also plays a factor.

Rooting ofcourse solves all these limitations, but it comes with its own set of problems like banking and some gaming apps not working.
You are correct unfortunately. I think the only way is rooting. I always rooted but lately I have concerns about rooting.

rogerrulez

A quick update: I have reached out to Nothing and waiting for a response. But to be honest, I don't expect much from it.
I called and spoke to management Telus, one of our providers and he was basically quoting me laws that are in place in the US. Basically he's not very knowledgeable.
Even after I get more responses that I'm waiting on, I think the only way is going to be rooting the phone.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
A quick update: I have reached out to Nothing and waiting for a response. But to be honest, I don't expect much from it.
I called and spoke to management Telus, one of our providers and he was basically quoting me laws that are in place in the US. Basically he's not very knowledgeable.
Even after I get more responses that I'm waiting on, I think the only way is going to be rooting the phone.
You're just wasting time. I already told you this:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to everyone,
    I hope someone could help me, i need to record any phone call that i make/receive, the phone should record the call without messages to the caller about the phone call is recorded.

Did someone can tell me how can i do this? i have seen that one option is to root the device but if someone have other suggestion is better for me than root the device.

I have also tried this app: https://xdaforums.com/t/android-4-0...cord-phone-calls-from-the-phone-line.1441643/ but use the microphone so sometimes there are very noise.

Bye
    Stefano
    Yes, I think that every android phone have this functionality, the problem is that phone app use CSC to enable o not, this is what I have understand
    I also read that you can root the phone and use a magisk mod. But I'm not ready to root the phone just yet because it's still under warranty.
    You could use MacroCroid. It can press the button for you and fill in the name for you too. You need a fair amount of time to set it up but it would work good.
    Thanks for the tip! I thought the same and tried something similar yesterday (Tasker and another app, forgot the name) but gave up for the amount of time needed! :)
    Going to try MacroCroid anyway, hopefully it's a little bit less complicate
    Thanks again
    You could use MacroCroid. It can press the button for you and fill in the name for you too. You need a fair amount of time to set it up but it would work good.
    I wanted to thank you - it has worked and it's not been a nightmare!
    I'm going to get in touch with Nothing head office and see what they have to say. I will report back with the outcome.
    Nothing has gotten back to me very quickly. The matter has been escalated to the relevant department so they tell me. But the conversation so far suggests that the record option should be there on all nothing phones. We will have to wait and see as I wait for an update.