Question Enable Auto Phone Call Recording

Search This thread

rogerrulez

Strange, I've tried it before and it didn't work. Will try again because it's a very good app
I attached an image of the one I used in this thread. Give it a try and see how it works. But my issue is with Nothing and their la k of help and support. However, it appears that the only way to have true call recording ability is by rooting.
But, I'm still waiting to hear back from Nothing about this issue.

rogerrulez

rogerrulez

So, I was looking into the process of rooting this phone. It's the same way as OnePlus. But now there are issues with the boot image in the latest hotfix. Phone is unstable if you try to root.

Both 1.5.3 and 1.5.3.hotfix versions of NOTHING OS are currently unstable if the device is rooted and booting a magisk patched boot img.
An issue has been opened on magisk github.
For now if you want root and a stable device stick to 1.5.2, do not update until the cause of freezes is found.

From here,

Seems like this phone is turning into a nightmare.

rogerrulez

There seems to be alot of issues all around this Nothing phone. From call recording to rooting Other issues. Like, I had two calls come in and they went directly to voicemail. They were from the same company. Then the next call is okay. And one or two other issues. I'm starting to regret buying it now. I actually have put it away and now using my 7T Pro.
Is it really .. Nothing ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

rogerrulez

I went ahead and rooted my Nothing phone and installed some magisk modules. And now I have the call record feature listed. However, there is an issue with the latest root because it often freezes the phone.

I still have not heard back from Nothing yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327-170018.png
    Screenshot_20230327-170018.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 33

rogerrulez

UPDATE: Nothing has gotten back to me. This is their reply.

Bruno (Nothing)

Mar 28, 2023, 10:57 GMT+1

Hi, Roger.

Thank you for being patient.

Our technical team has gotten back to us.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to activate the call recording feature for you.

This is due to Google defines allowed counties to make call recordings.
  • Unfortunately, Canada isn't on the list and that's the reason why you cannot use call recording.

Since our Phone (1) is powered by Android (Google), this feature cannot be unblocked.

We do apologize that we couldn't assist you with activation of the call recording feature.

Feel free to contact us if you any further problems or doubts.

Kind regards,

Bruno
Nothing Customer Support

- This is unfortunate. But it also says, when you read between the lines, that the call recording feature IS built in to the ROM itself !!

pepelemoko

Jun 10, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
In my opinion, the system reads the country id and then modify accordingly the menu available.

The best option would be to modify this part - if possible - and then patch the system.

The good guys here in Xda took out the call recorder module from the Huaweis that still had it and made it available for the P30, for example.

So the best way would be, i think, to patch the system in a way that overcomes the check. But it could require a root, if I'm not wrong, and assumed this patch would ever be available

rogerrulez

In my opinion, the system reads the country id and then modify accordingly the menu available.

The best option would be to modify this part - if possible - and then patch the system.

The good guys here in Xda took out the call recorder module from the Huaweis that still had it and made it available for the P30, for example.

So the best way would be, i think, to patch the system in a way that overcomes the check. But it could require a root, if I'm not wrong, and assumed this patch would ever be available
Yeah that could be an option. Also you can see that I was able to have the option available in the settings menus vis root and magisk. But, if that option is already built into the ROM, I wonder if there is a code to activate it !

rogerrulez

I'm now on Android 12. Stable. Call recording in settings. Record calls very clearly. However, from my tests so far, it will only record outgoing calls ! Incoming calls are not recorded. And you don't have full access to them, only can play then in the person you called in the dialer.
And with all the mods, it keeps getting deactivated, like, every hour at most. lol !
I even have joneplus tools installed.

I think, this phone is a decent over-priced mid-range phone that offers very little but basic functions. Don't excpect anything more. And I don't think in the near future anything will change with this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to everyone,
    I hope someone could help me, i need to record any phone call that i make/receive, the phone should record the call without messages to the caller about the phone call is recorded.

Did someone can tell me how can i do this? i have seen that one option is to root the device but if someone have other suggestion is better for me than root the device.

I have also tried this app: https://xdaforums.com/t/android-4-0...cord-phone-calls-from-the-phone-line.1441643/ but use the microphone so sometimes there are very noise.

Bye
    Stefano
    Yes, I think that every android phone have this functionality, the problem is that phone app use CSC to enable o not, this is what I have understand
    I also read that you can root the phone and use a magisk mod. But I'm not ready to root the phone just yet because it's still under warranty.
    You could use MacroCroid. It can press the button for you and fill in the name for you too. You need a fair amount of time to set it up but it would work good.
    Thanks for the tip! I thought the same and tried something similar yesterday (Tasker and another app, forgot the name) but gave up for the amount of time needed! :)
    Going to try MacroCroid anyway, hopefully it's a little bit less complicate
    Thanks again
    You could use MacroCroid. It can press the button for you and fill in the name for you too. You need a fair amount of time to set it up but it would work good.
    I wanted to thank you - it has worked and it's not been a nightmare!
    I'm going to get in touch with Nothing head office and see what they have to say. I will report back with the outcome.
    Nothing has gotten back to me very quickly. The matter has been escalated to the relevant department so they tell me. But the conversation so far suggests that the record option should be there on all nothing phones. We will have to wait and see as I wait for an update.