• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

enable "bootloader UNLOCK allowed:YES"

Search This thread

SERGI.3210

Feb 13, 2011
Campanar, Valencia
FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE THE BOOTLOADER LOCKED BY HIS AIRTIME PROVIDER:

well a few days ago i was asked for the posibility of change the status of the option "BOOTLOADER UNLOCK ALLOWED"...was staid investigating about it and i´ve read on a spanish forum that the sony thecnical service can do it... they replied by email that it is possible to activate it. and they have requested to he the following data:::

IMEI:
SimUnlock: (the unlock code of your operator, you can obtain it paying.. etc..)
model
mail
telephone number:
complet name
province
country.

and the data for pick up my phone for to do the unlock
they said to me that dont loose the BE2 (i dont believe it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)
but i losee the DRM KEYS etc... you can read this:::

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

I´M going to do it and post the results :good::good::good::good::good:

sorry for my bad english buddies :eek:

lvints

Jan 6, 2012
Timon
I'll buy my xperia sp, but I'm afraid to pick one with locked bootloader. I'll wait your answer, if it works buy him at the end of the month.
PS: This topic is in the right place? I think you should be in Xperia SP General ..........

SERGI.3210

Feb 13, 2011
Campanar, Valencia
I'll buy my xperia sp, but I'm afraid to pick one with locked bootloader. I'll wait your answer, if it works buy him at the end of the month.
PS: This topic is in the right place? I think you should be in Xperia SP General ..........

OOOPS maybe the moderator want to move it... or report to me for to move the thread... :confused::confused:

there are some people that did the process with the sony technical support and have been succesful..
sony turned the device in a few days...:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

NIMBAH

Dec 20, 2011
London
If you SIM unlock your xperia it will change to boatloader unlock allowed yes. Been like that since the 2011 xperia's.

Thought everyone knew that lol:)

Sent from my C5303 using xda premium

ykdr-scott

May 27, 2013
birmingham
If you SIM unlock your xperia it will change to boatloader unlock allowed yes. Been like that since the 2011 xperia's.

Thats not true.. I have SIM unlocked mine and remains 'no'

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375526035756.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375526035756.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 4,231

NIMBAH

Dec 20, 2011
London
How? If its set to not be unlocked?..

To unlock the boatloader you need fastboot. Problem is the SIM lock blocks fastboot. If you don't have a SIM lock or you unlocked it in theory you can now unlock your boatloader.

Try it and see what happens, worst case the program will just say your phone can't be unlocked.

lvints

Jan 6, 2012
Timon

So if I buy an unlocked phone for all operators, I will have a good chance of being able to unlock the bootloader?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

How? If its set to not be unlocked?..

You tried to unlock your bootloader? Get it?

charithalakmal

Apr 23, 2013
career unlocked but bootloader unlock not allowed

My Xperia s is sim unlocked. Every SIM works on it. But the Bootloader Unlock Allowed:No. Please anyone know how change this status 'No' to 'Yes'..? Help me.

D

Deleted member 4529355

My Xperia s is sim unlocked. Every SIM works on it. But the Bootloader Unlock Allowed:No. Please anyone know how change this status 'No' to 'Yes'..? Help me.

I had the same problem, it changed itself! try flashing the new .245 with Flashtool, then check again. But please dont unlock the bootloder, there's a rootinjg method and recovery for locked bootloaders, the BE2 it's AMAZING.

charithalakmal

Apr 23, 2013
.245 can available for xperia S (LT26i).?

I had the same problem, it changed itself! try flashing the new .245 with Flashtool, then check again. But please dont unlock the bootloder, there's a rootinjg method and recovery for locked bootloaders, the BE2 it's AMAZING.

please attach a link to download .245 if you know. i explored a bit. but i doesn't found it for xperia S. available only for xperia SP. help.!

RuchRha

Aug 1, 2013
Gurgaon
To unlock bootloader make sure you have a flashtool go to the link given below
After following all the steps you will receive a email in you inbox it will contain a key save it for further steps, in flashtool open it go to drivers install all drivers back to flashtool there's a "lock" symbol which refers to unlock bootloader select it will ask you to connect in flash mode for that turn of you device and connect to PC while pressing "volume down" button and then plugging usb into device you will get a green LED below once it done it will ask you to connect into fastboot mode for that press "volume up" button and plug usb into device it will give a blue LED now after these steps it will ask you to insert a key "which you received at the first step in your email" insert that key and your bootloader will be unlocked.

"BEFORE DOING ALL THIS BACKUP YOUR TA PARTITION TO CONTINUE USING BRAVIA ENGINE AND OTHER FEATURES"
To do this refer to the link below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2234627
After backing up your TA partition start with bootloader unlock once unlocked restore the TA, enjoy ;)

Last edited:

gandalf_grey91

Dec 16, 2011

Even if you lose BE2, isn't it possible to flash X-Reality? Which is better anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Can you be more specific, please. Which .245 .ftf did you flash? I need it to be in english.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

After following all the steps you will receive a email in you inbox it will contain a key save it for further steps, in flashtool open it go to drivers install all drivers back to flashtool there's a "lock" symbol which refers to unlock bootloader select it will ask you to connect in flash mode for that turn of you device and connect to PC while pressing "volume down" button and then plugging usb into device you will get a green LED below once it done it will ask you to connect into fastboot mode for that press "volume up" button and plug usb into device it will give a blue LED now after these steps it will ask you to insert a key "which you received at the first step in your email" insert that key and your bootloader will be unlocked.

"BEFORE DOING ALL THIS BACKUP YOUR TA PARTITION TO CONTINUE USING BRAVIA ENGINE AND OTHER FEATURES"
After backing up your TA partition start with bootloader unlock once unlocked restore the TA, enjoy ;)

How exactly does any of this enable "bootloader UNLOCK allowed:YES"? (Like the name of the thread indicates) That text is from the unlock/relock bootloader thread and it doesn't enable "bootloader UNLOCK allowed:YES". Fastboot is disabled on XSP with carrier-locked bootloader.

D

Deleted member 4529355

Even if you lose BE2, isn't it possible to flash X-Reality? Which is better anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Can you be more specific, please. Which .245 .ftf did you flash? I need it to be in english.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

How exactly does any of this enable "bootloader UNLOCK allowed:YES"? (Like the name of the thread indicates) That text is from the unlock/relock bootloader thread and it doesn't enable "bootloader UNLOCK allowed:YES". Fastboot is disabled on XSP with carrier-locked bootloader.

If you unlock the bootloader you will lose the DRM Keys, BE2 or X-Reality WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE
I flashed the Russian .245, Use it...It has all the languages you need: French, English and Spanish. All stock Sony firmwares have all the regular languages. Russian doesn't have the Japanese or Chinese keyboard. You can't unlock the bootloader on a carrier locked phone, forget about it.

dh.harald

May 20, 2010
London
I bougth a simlocked xperia sp.
I've unlocked my SP with nck, now i can use any simcard.
But i've bootloader UNLOCK allowed: NO

I flashed 2.245.GENERIC-DE via flashtool, still unlock allowed no

Have you any further ideas to change it to unlock allowed yes?

zolaisugly

Mar 2, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
If phone was brought as a carrier locked device and boot loader unlocked says no,you can't change it.

you can try call the company you brought from and ask for code or take to independent phone store and ask if they can open boot loader or explain how to.

I highly doubt you will change the status.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE THE BOOTLOADER LOCKED BY HIS AIRTIME PROVIDER:

well a few days ago i was asked for the posibility of change the status of the option "BOOTLOADER UNLOCK ALLOWED"...was staid investigating about it and i´ve read on a spanish forum that the sony thecnical service can do it... they replied by email that it is possible to activate it. and they have requested to he the following data:::

IMEI:
    SimUnlock: (the unlock code of your operator, you can obtain it paying.. etc..)
    model
    mail
    telephone number:
    complet name
    province
    country.

and the data for pick up my phone for to do the unlock
    they said to me that dont loose the BE2 (i dont believe it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)
    but i losee the DRM KEYS etc... you can read this:::

I´M going to do it and post the results :good::good::good::good::good:

sorry for my bad english buddies :eek:
    I'm sure it won't brick your phone. Yes, it does mess with TA partition, but it won't modify anything that could cause the phone to brick.

tied it on a c306

flashed new ftf. then this doesnt work

bootloader allowed no

regards
    hey MR.Steve555 , i seek your help [emoji14]
    to sum this up , my phone was carrier locked by orange, i unlocked it, and flashed many stock roms and custom roms, but still bl unlock says NO .

is there anyway i can unlock my bootloader ?
    Congratulations, you are forever locked, there's no way to unlock the bootloader. :(
    Btw, my phone is also locked down by Orange, and I'm yet to find any real working method of unlocking it.
    For point 3, you mean this:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-sp/development/heard-sony-kernel-sources-available-t2807961

Sources are available. Can they somehow be adopted for locked bootloaders?

Anyway the thing is CM11 works on locked bootloaders. At least, we can port all the CM11 based ROMs for Xperia SP. It should be simple, right? That way, difference between locked and unlocked bootloaders will reduce by a big amount.

Source of stock kernel was available for a long time. However, it was distributed in form of Open Source tarballs on Sony developer site. So it doesn't change anything - it's still nothing interesting for LBL users, as they need signed kernel. And there is no way to sign the kernel, because we would need to get Sony private keys.
    CM11 is available, yeah, sure. But it's not "the mighty thing". It's running on stock kernel, so that holds us from using some real magic stuff. It's just a ramdisk hijack. And kexec replaces kernel...