Enable 'developer driver' in any application for your Graphics Driver Preference

Search This thread
On Android 10, by default, all apps are set to use the default system graphics driver. You were also able to select the type of driver (default, game or system) from a menu that an app would use when running. In android 11, that option is not available (as of June 16, 2021).

However, in android 11 you can change this manually and enable the 'developer driver' for your graphics preferences for any app using ADB.

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_opt_in_apps com.package.name

To add more than one application to the settings value, you probably have to separate the package names by either a comma or semicolon. Once you're done with that step, run the next command.

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_prerelease_opt_in_apps com.package.name

Then reboot the device. Enter settings, system, advanced, developer settings and choose 'Graphics Driver Preference' and make sure the application you chose in the first step has the 'developer driver' selected. Please note that the option will not be present in the drop-down menu when selecting the application in graphics driver preferences. All other applications should say 'default'.

D

Deleted member 11588735

Have you now adb command for system graphics driver ? I Huawei device and I can't change it at all only via adb debugging.

D

Deleted member 11588735

Does anyone know the command for system graphics driver?

D

Deleted member 11588735

Maybe in the Dev Options Menu?
I don't have any that menu in android 10 but when I change on dev or game driver there is performance differences so it work but I was try and I don't know how to set it up so my only hope is adb.:(

D

Deleted member 11588735

I don't have any that menu in android 10 but when I change on dev or game driver there is performance differences so it work but I was try and I don't know how to set it up so my only hope is adb.:(
I fund it on Poco X3 Pro with "adb shell settings list global" had few apps set as a system driver.
The Command for system graphics driver is

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_opt_out_apps com.package.name

Reactions: Eynmars21
Reactions: rodken

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Actually here is the answer you are looking for:

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_all_apps

And for the values of that setting:

Code:
Game driver global preference for all apps:
0 = default
1 = All apps use game driver
2 = All apps use system graphics driver

Reference: http://www.java2s.com/example/java-src/pkg/android/provider/settings-84201.html
I am utlizing Tasker for my adb shell needs and after inputting 'settings put global game_driver_all_apps 2', I not able to produce the results that I am trying to effectuate.

I am utlizing Tasker for my adb shell needs and after inputting 'settings put global game_driver_all_apps 2', I not able to produce the results that I am trying to effectuate.
Disappointing actually. I thought perhaps there would be some kind of discernible difference whether it would have been good or bad. But I'm also not surprised as perhaps It is a bit early as I believe this would apply to the very most recent versions of Android probably going into 12. I guess we'll have to wait and see what it pertains to if anything.

Sum1OnXDA

Account currently disabled
May 19, 2019
Usa
It throws this to me. I use termux on phone without using adb shell

Exception occurred while executing 'put':
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: getCurrentUser() from pid=5222, uid=10268 requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS
at com.android.server.am.UserController.getCurrentUser(UserController.java:2214)
at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.getCurrentUser(ActivityManagerService.java:19388)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService$MyShellCommand.onCommand(SettingsService.java:259)
at android.os.BasicShellCommandHandler.exec(BasicShellCommandHandler.java:98)
at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:44)
at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsService.onShellCommand(SettingsService.java:49)
at android.os.Binder.shellCommand(Binder.java:932)
at android.os.Binder.onTransact(Binder.java:816)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1162)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1126)

rezer007

Mar 21, 2010
Manado
To make editing easier, using Setedit also works

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-12-27-02-17-52.png
    Screenshots_2021-12-27-02-17-52.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,791

Eynmars21

Feb 5, 2021
I fund it on Poco X3 Pro with "adb shell settings list global" had few apps set as a system driver.
The Command for system graphics driver is

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_opt_out_apps com.package.name
I'm new into this, but that "com.package.name" is a file or what? If it's like this, where I find it? Or that [/CODE] what I got to write in this?

A_Off1

Jan 5, 2024
On Android 10, by default, all apps are set to use the default system graphics driver. You were also able to select the type of driver (default, game or system) from a menu that an app would use when running. In android 11, that option is not available (as of June 16, 2021).

However, in android 11 you can change this manually and enable the 'developer driver' for your graphics preferences for any app using ADB.

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_opt_in_apps com.package.name

To add more than one application to the settings value, you probably have to separate the package names by either a comma or semicolon. Once you're done with that step, run the next command.

Code:
adb shell settings put global game_driver_prerelease_opt_in_apps com.package.name

Then reboot the device. Enter settings, system, advanced, developer settings and choose 'Graphics Driver Preference' and make sure the application you chose in the first step has the 'developer driver' selected. Please note that the option will not be present in the drop-down menu when selecting the application in graphics driver preferences. All other applications should say 'default'.
it says error:closed after entering the command

Top Liked Posts