Enable ECG(BP Featur) On Non-Samsung Phones for Galaxy Watch 3, Active 2 Step-By-Step

Search This thread
Dec 26, 2011
Hi there,

Thanks for the tutorial. Went through the long method on YouTube, but still stuck with the same problem.
I load the TPK to my phone, tap on it, it installs, but on my phone, it doesn't ask whether I want to install it on my watch. So, when I go to find it, it's installed on my phone, but that's it. No option to further push it to my Galaxy watch active 2.

Thanks in advance.

rossbeck

Jul 22, 2012
USA
As for watch 4, it seems the MOD isn't finding the watch 4 and I'm reading logs to figure what's wrong till I get my watch... I either fix it now or when I get the watch on 10 September...

If you need anyone else to test on a Watch 4, let me know. I have mine preordered and really want to get it working with my Google Pixel 4. Cheers!

Hi there,

Thanks for the tutorial. Went through the long method on YouTube, but still stuck with the same problem.
I load the TPK to my phone, tap on it, it installs, but on my phone, it doesn't ask whether I want to install it on my watch. So, when I go to find it, it's installed on my phone, but that's it. No option to further push it to my Galaxy watch active 2.

Thanks in advance.
go into galaxy wearables then go to watch settings, scroll down and select about the watch, turn on allow installation of unknown sources, reinstall the tpk installer and it will be pushed to your watch...
If you need anyone else to test on a Watch 4, let me know. I have mine preordered and really want to get it working with my Google Pixel 4. Cheers!
Appreciated, my telegram is getting many members that want to help with the galaxy watch 4, feel free to join there, however, I will move them to discord instead

Dec 26, 2011
go into galaxy wearables then go to watch settings, scroll down and select about the watch, turn on allow installation of unknown sources, reinstall the tpk installer and it will be pushed to your watch...
Hey dude, thanks for the reply.
I've tried that. Given installation from unknown sources permission. Then deleted, tried to reinstall everything. Tried to give everything that is Samsung related permission to install unknown. Deleted, tried again. Nothing works.
I can install it without problems and then in my app manager, it shows that it's installed on my phone. There's never an option to install to the watch.
I have a Redmi K40/Poco F3, if that makes any difference.

Hey dude, thanks for the reply.
I've tried that. Given installation from unknown sources permission. Then deleted, tried to reinstall everything. Tried to give everything that is Samsung related permission to install unknown. Deleted, tried again. Nothing works.
I can install it without problems and then in my app manager, it shows that it's installed on my phone. There's never an option to install to the watch.
I have a Redmi K40/Poco F3, if that makes any difference.
So in galaxy wearables you have this turned on?
Screenshot_20210819-011959_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn.jpg
Also, the tpk installer, did you place the tpk file inside...? If there is no tpk inside the installer, nothing will be sent to the watch

Dec 26, 2011
So in galaxy wearables you have this turned on?
View attachment 5388987
Also, the tpk installer, did you place the tpk file inside...? If there is no tpk inside the installer, nothing will be sent to the watch
Hi there,

Yes, I have that turned on as per the picture.

As for the second part, "did you place the tpk file inside" what do you mean by this? I followed the video you have on YouTube and did everything exactly as you did, using your files. Is there something else I should have done?
Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, it's much appreciated. I wouldn't have bugged you with this if I hadn't tried everything I could think of. I've googled for hours as well.

Hi there,

Yes, I have that turned on as per the picture.

As for the second part, "did you place the tpk file inside" what do you mean by this? I followed the video you have on YouTube and did everything exactly as you did, using your files. Is there something else I should have done?
Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, it's much appreciated. I wouldn't have bugged you with this if I hadn't tried everything I could think of. I've googled for hours as well.
No no, no on is ever bugging me, I am helping everyone regardless...

I just want to confirm that the tpk installer app you are installing contains the tpk inside the folder assets...

When you install it, it either fires an error failed to install or starts transferring...

But in order to transfer, you need Samsung Accessory Service which comes with galaxy wearables, try clearing the data of Samsung accessory service, reboot the watch and the phone and try installing again...

And remember, I'm here to help you till it works

Dec 26, 2011
No no, no on is ever bugging me, I am helping everyone regardless...

I just want to confirm that the tpk installer app you are installing contains the tpk inside the folder assets...

When you install it, it either fires an error failed to install or starts transferring...

But in order to transfer, you need Samsung Accessory Service which comes with galaxy wearables, try clearing the data of Samsung accessory service, reboot the watch and the phone and try installing again...

And remember, I'm here to help you till it works
Very cool of you, thanks, dude.

I have Samsung Accessory Service, enabled unknown sources there as well.
I cleared the cache, cleared data, rebooted both devices, it doesn't push, it keeps installing it on my phone.

I don't understand this part though: "I just want to confirm that the tpk installer app you are installing contains the tpk inside the folder assets..." I took the files from your Google Drive and transferred it to my phone and then open it on my phone. Is that incorrect?
I also did the long method where the files are certified etc., then put them in the downloads folder on my phone and then open them on my phone, they then install to my phone, asking nothing about pushing to my watch.

Thanks for the help, dude, I really appreciate it!

Very cool of you, thanks, dude.

I have Samsung Accessory Service, enabled unknown sources there as well.
I cleared the cache, cleared data, rebooted both devices, it doesn't push, it keeps installing it on my phone.

I don't understand this part though: "I just want to confirm that the tpk installer app you are installing contains the tpk inside the folder assets..." I took the files from your Google Drive and transferred it to my phone and then open it on my phone. Is that incorrect?
I also did the long method where the files are certified etc., then put them in the downloads folder on my phone and then open them on my phone, they then install to my phone, asking nothing about pushing to my watch.

Thanks for the help, dude, I really appreciate it!
Well the signed tpk files go inside the "Samsung.TPK.installer.apk"

You use apkeasytool to decompile the apk, place the tpk inside assets folder and then compile it again...

Tpk installer has nothing inside, so when you hit install, nothing happens because it's empty

Dec 26, 2011
Well the signed tpk files go inside the "Samsung.TPK.installer.apk"

You use apkeasytool to decompile the apk, place the tpk inside assets folder and then compile it again...

Tpk installer has nothing inside, so when you hit install, nothing happens because it's empty
Yeah, I did this. It's the long method on your YouTube page, right?
I did the 0-todo file, decompiled, recompiled, then put that file on my phone, ran it, and it installs on my phone.

thief726

Jan 17, 2010
Dm me the tpk installer please
I used the tutorial on the first page and had everything working fine for months. Last week when I tried to open health monitor to calibrate my watch it wanted me to update before I could calibrate. When I tried to update it would not let me. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the modded app I had from the first time I did it.
It still asks me to update. I tried to redownload it from the download link on the website in the first line of the turtorial in case mine was corrupt. The link seems to be dead and says file not found. Do you have a new modded version?

I used the tutorial on the first page and had everything working fine for months. Last week when I tried to open health monitor to calibrate my watch it wanted me to update before I could calibrate. When I tried to update it would not let me. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the modded app I had from the first time I did it.
It still asks me to update. I tried to redownload it from the download link on the website in the first line of the turtorial in case mine was corrupt. The link seems to be dead and says file not found. Do you have a new modded version?
Yes, grab it from my tizen thread if you have a tizen watch

killianconsulting

Aug 9, 2021
Texas
I'm not sure if i got your question...
Which Samsung clock...?

As for watch 4, it seems the MOD isn't finding the watch 4 and I'm reading logs to figure what's wrong till I get my watch... I either fix it now or when I get the watch on 10 September...
Sorry I didn't explain better. The Alarm on the GW3 syncs with the Clock/Alarm on the Samsung phone. So if I set an alarm on my old phone (Note 10+) using the stock Samsung app, then it would go off on my watch as well. This was great for morning wake ups because it would vibe on your wrist and you can snooze or turn off with a switch of the bezel.

Now that I've switch to the Surface Duo. I noticed that the stick Google Clock/Alarm doesn't sync with the watch. All alarms are either on the phone or I could manually set them on my watch. I was wondering since you were able to get the larger apps to be available on Non-Samsung if you could make the Samsung Clock/Alarm also work so that it would sync with the watch.

Reactions: Dante63

killianconsulting

Aug 9, 2021
Texas

Appreciated, my telegram is getting many members that want to help with the galaxy watch 4, feel free to join there, however, I will move them to discord instead
What is your Discord? I like to follow development if possible.

What is your Discord? I like to follow development if possible.
Just join the Telegram and if you don't like it there, join the discord link from there...

As for the watch, sure, I suppose I can do that, but now I'm taking a short break as I was working continuously on Watch4, so I'm acting as a support...

ClutchFan

Jul 13, 2014
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up the ECG / BP monitoring on my galaxy watch 3. I followed the instructions on the beginning of this thread, as well as the instructions in the thread by @Dante63 . Thank you for all of that!

Anyway, the snag I'm hitting is that the ECG and BP apps are installed on my watch, but when I try to run them I get:

- ECG: says to install Samsung Health Monitor on my phone, and has a link that says "download the app". When I click that, it attempts to open something on my phone, but my phone just says "try again". Weird.
- BP: says "system is not ready. Try again later"

My phone is running Samsung Health 6.16.0.047, and I did go into Set Features > Health Analytics > Enabled / DEV

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong?

Note, since I followed the instructions on the start of this thread, my method of installing the apps was to use Fit2Instsaller to sign the bp and ecg tpk files that were on the google drive that @Dante63 set up. But after I did that, I noticed that there were also .apk files on that drive. Should I have used those somehow?

I also renamed the files to ecg.tpk and bp.tpk, could that be a problem?

Anyway, then I noticed the BP and ECG .apk files in the google drive, so I installed those as well. The ECG one *seemed* to work fine, but now I have another ECG monitor showing up on my watch, and it says the same thing, that I need to install Samsung Health Monitor. The BP one just said that it failed when I look in Samsung Health Monitor, and asks if I want to uninstall it..

Is this hopeless? :/

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up the ECG / BP monitoring on my galaxy watch 3. I followed the instructions on the beginning of this thread, as well as the instructions in the thread by @Dante63 . Thank you for all of that!

Anyway, the snag I'm hitting is that the ECG and BP apps are installed on my watch, but when I try to run them I get:

- ECG: says to install Samsung Health Monitor on my phone, and has a link that says "download the app". When I click that, it attempts to open something on my phone, but my phone just says "try again". Weird.
- BP: says "system is not ready. Try again later"

My phone is running Samsung Health 6.16.0.047, and I did go into Set Features > Health Analytics > Enabled / DEV

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong?

Note, since I followed the instructions on the start of this thread, my method of installing the apps was to use Fit2Instsaller to sign the bp and ecg tpk files that were on the google drive that @Dante63 set up. But after I did that, I noticed that there were also .apk files on that drive. Should I have used those somehow?

I also renamed the files to ecg.tpk and bp.tpk, could that be a problem?

Anyway, then I noticed the BP and ECG .apk files in the google drive, so I installed those as well. The ECG one *seemed* to work fine, but now I have another ECG monitor showing up on my watch, and it says the same thing, that I need to install Samsung Health Monitor. The BP one just said that it failed when I look in Samsung Health Monitor, and asks if I want to uninstall it..

Is this hopeless? :/
You have 2 ECG because you have SHM on your watch which contains both (BP and ECG) but you can see only ECG...

The solution is alternative method by grabbing the unsigned_SBP.tpk which is basically modified BP...

The apk installers contain Samsung signed tpks, now you did say you install them, yet you're facing issues, what did you install and what guide did you follow?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reach me on any of my social media, I'd love to see screenshots or screen record video, I need to see what you mean in order to assist you
    I have Telegram, I am now in your channel xda-dante63 but I am not able to communicate. In telegram I am @baumbart_b
    Update 09/29/20:
    1. The latest Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.175.Caravana (Thanks Caravana for the Mod) Download

This tutorial should work on all Android Phones to enable ECG for your Galaxy Watch 3 and Active 2. BP might also work the same way when it is released in the US.

Basic idea is to create your own certificate to sign ECG.tpk application and install it on your watch, then install the Samsung Health Monitor Mod app on your phone.

I have read lots of threads on XDA and can't find a complete tutorial about how to do it for Galaxy Watch 3 or Active 2. Hope this step-by-step tutorial will help. The whole process took me around 30 mins, it shouldn't be very hard. Make sure you back-up your watch first, just in case anything goes wrong and you need to restore data.

You will need an Android Phone, a Windows PC and Galaxy Watch 3/Active 2 watch for this tutorial. And a wireless network.

Downloads:
    1. Download Java for Windows offline (64 bit) https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and install it.
    2. Download JavaSE/Oracle JDK https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html Click "JDK Download" from the top the latest version, then it will direct you to a new page, find "Windows x64 Installer" click the download page from the page and install it.
    3. Download Tizen SDK https://developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/download Download Latest Tizen Studio with IDE installer, click "64 Bit" to download and install it.
    4. Download ecg.tpk, BP.tpk, Fit2Installer from here(ecg_downloads)
    5. Download Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.167.Caravana (Thanks Caravana for the Mod) from here (See update 09/29/20 from the top of the thread to download the latest version)

On Your Phone:
    1. Install Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.167.Caravana on your phone. Open the app enter your name, BOD and etc to finish the setup.

On Your Watch:
    1. From your watch, Go to "Settings"->"About Watch"->"Software"->Click On "Software Versio" 5 times until it shows "Developer mode turned on"
    2. Go back to "About Watch", make sure it shows "Debugging is turned on", it not click "Debugging" and turn it on.
    3. Go to Wifi settings on the watch, change wifi setting to always On, and connect it to the same wireless network with your PC.
    4. Reboot the watch. Make sure wifi is connected after the reboot.

From Your PC:
    1. Launch Tizen Package Manager and Navigate to 5.5 wearable(It depends on your watch's software version, eg mine shows Tizen Version 5.5.0.1, so I navigate to 5.5 wearable), then click Install icon
    2. Scroll down to the Tizen SDK tool and click the install icon
    3. Click on the Extension SDK tab
    3.1 Click the arrow on Extras
    3.2 Install Samsung Certificate Extension and Samsung Wearable Extension
    4. Check the Progress tab, once it shows 100%, you can close Tizen Package Manger and do not launch Tizen Studio(we don't need to use Tizen Studio)
    5. Open up "Certificate Manager"
    6. Click on the "+" icon and from the pop-up window click Samsung Logo.
    6.1 Device Type -> Mobile/Wearable, Click Next
    6.2 Certificate Profile(Give it whatever name you like), Click Next
    6.3 Author Certificate -> Create a new author certificate, Click Next
    6.4 Author Certificate -> Enter Author name, Password, Confirm Password as required(Remember the password,. you will need it when you sign the TPK file) and click next
    6.5 A pop up will ask you to sign in to your Samsung account, enter your account information and sign in
    6.6 Now it will show your certificate has been saved at C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name and click next.
    6.7 Create a new distributor certificate and click next
    6.8 Do not change Privilege and password information, do not close these windows, just leave it there, we need to enable debug mode from the watch and connect it to PC now.
    7. Open Tizen "Device Manager" from the PC.
    8. Click the "Remote Device Manager" icon from top right corner.
    9. From pop-up windows, click the "Scan Devices" icon from the top right corner.
    10. Once it find your watch turn the connection switch to on. and close pop-up windows. At this time, you should able to see lots of debugging information from Device Manager. (If you don't see debug information, try these steps: 1. Turn off your windows firewall 2. turn off bluetooth&GPS on your watch 3. reboot your watch )
    11. Go back to Tizen Certificate Manager, step 9.8, we can see one DUID has been added automatically. Click next.
    12. It will show your certificate has been saved at C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name, Click Finish.
    13. Download Fit2installer.zip unzip the whole folder to your desktop.
    14. Go to the certificate(C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name) you just created and copy all files. inside the folder
    15. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\cert Paste all the certificate file you just copied.
    16. Copy ecg.tpk file and paste it at C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\sign_me
    17. Click sign.bat from the Fit2Installer folder. Enter your certificate password.
    18. It will show "Package( C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\install_me\ecg.tpk ) is created successfully." and enter any key to close the window.
    19. Now go to "Device Manager", right-click your device, choose "install app", Select ecg.tpk file from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\install_me.
    20. Wait a few seconds, you should see ECG app has been installed on your watch. Open it.
    21. Open the "Samsung Health Monitor" app from your phone, you should be able to read the ECG data from your watch now.

As Blood Pressure has not been released in the U.S, once it released, you should be able to activate for Non-Samsung phone the same way. You can disable debug mode if you want now.

Enjoy!

Reference:
    1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83574519&postcount=6
    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/GearS3/comments/aljplu/tutorial_how_to_install_tpks_and_wgts_onto_your/
    3. https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-fit/howto-sign-sideload-tizen-applications-t3639793
    Dante63, thanks for your help and comments earlier.
    My head is spinning - I haven't done stuff like this since the days of Windows Mobile!
    Could you just tell me whether, as I now have 5.5.0.2 on the watch, with ECG and BP in the update, although not available to my Huawei P20 Pro, should I still install the apks?
    Or do I understand that the next SHM you modify might just work with the 5.5.0.2 and the P20 as-is?
    Really sorry, and grateful for any help.
    (The watch is from UAE, but I'm in the UK)
    Many thanks!
    It's already done, I have 175, 181 & 183, but for those who can't get it running, I'm willing to play around with the SHM apk, hopefully I find what is stopping the app from running...

it's not fair for people having a watch and can't use its features because it's not available or device problems and so on...
    In allegato BP in italiano, da me tradotto, da firmare. perfettamente funzionante in abbinamento a SHM1.1.0.175 anche esso in italiano
    buon divertimento
    I successfully installed the ECG tpk, Dante - works perfectly with SHM 175 - thank you so much!
    To install the BP tpk, do I just add it using Device Manager?
    Because it doesn't want to do it.
    I don't need to repeat any other steps, do I? Just install the tpk using Device Manager?
    Sorry - I've been doing it for ages, and now I'm too tired to think straight... Would like to do it while everything is set up to go.
    Many thanks, as always.
    You can try with SDB or decompile the TPK installer, add the signed tpk file inside the assets and compile it and then install it and it will push the file inside your watch... I hope you get right and at the first attempt...
    Whered you find the bp.TPK file I cant locate it?
    That member used the BP.tpk in my thread...
    I have tested all the versions in you drive link, none work.
    I think it's time to upgrade the hardware.
    I will make 1 more version of the SMH...
    Wait a little bit longer, if that version works, it will solve most of people problems with the latest version...