Enable ECG(BP Featur) On Non-Samsung Phones for Galaxy Watch 3, Active 2 Step-By-Step

Search This thread
@Dante63 Sorry to disturb you , but I got trouble and dont know what to do .
My Setup:
Huawei P20 Pro /Samsung Active 2/Windows 10/64
Samsung Health original App 6.21.3.001 (German Language) on P20
Tizen Version 5.5.0.2 on watch
SW R830XXU1EUK2
SM-R830NZSADBT
UI 2.0

I tried to follow the Guide (German) from your space (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/190Zx9poJ0QEXTHPTQj2R2Xw0e2F46Qug), bytheway paypal will come if it works ;-)

I got the 10 cert files. (That worked so far)

But the Fit2Installer didn't work well, got JDK Error ( I reinstall the JDK15, but problem stays, no other Java on PC :
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 15.0.1+9-18)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 15.0.1+9-18, mixed mode, sharing)

Error! JDK15 not defualt. you might get an error, please uninstall all JDKs and install JDK15!
Please wait...
FEHLER: Ungültige Syntax. Die Standardoption wurde nicht mit den Optionen angegeben.
Geben Sie "CHOICE /?" ein, um die Syntax anzuzeige
Main menu:

1. Sign TPK/WGT files...
2. Install TPK/WGT files...
3. Exit...

Anyway I go with Point 1, but did not work with "2. Place the MOD in sign_me folder..."(from read me file Fit2Installer) I used this FilePhone.Tizen.SHM.MOD.1.1.1.191.dante63.apk, was the only with *Mod in name , so I put the
BP.tpk
ecg.tpk
from your folder "Tools (64-bit) To Sign _ Install TPKs _ WGTs" this worked , so far.
So I go with the Install via Tizen Studio , got alot of Red issues in communication , but the Icons now on the watch ,
But Booth BP and EGC does not work, BP application say "System not ready" and the EGC say Application has to install

Many thanks in forward for helping me.
1. You're in the wrong thread but no worries...
2. The tool did tell you error not JDK 15 so step 1 will fail sometimes...
3. Phone.Tizen.SHM.MOD.1.1.1.191.dante63.apk is the phone app mod, not watch...
4. BP.tpk & ecg.tpk are deprecated, they were released before December 2020, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't work and work sometimes...

You need to install the JDK from my drive and remove other JDK, no error should be there on the command screen...

You should grab and sign the watch shm mod and then install it on your watch...

Install the phone shm mod on your phone and that's pretty much it...

Everything should work now, keep your cert files safe and the signed mod to use them in the future if you reset the watch...

Rimes_Late

Jul 16, 2022
Thanks for advice.
I Install the jdk from your Google store, I put the watch mod into the signme folder and started the run me batch file, so far it looks like it works.
I deinstall the not working applications from watch via wearable application on phone.
I installed the signed mod file.
I installed the apk in phone.
On watch I have now the icon samsung health monitor with the subfunctions egc and blutpressure {German wording}, so far not working cause calibration is missing.

I open the samsung health, I open samsung health monitor, got window to allow data sync, I allow everything. After that I got screen with information, you have to be age 16 plus to use blood pressure application no more possibility, there is another task for egc.

After that I saw the user is not signed in, so I try wirh same name and age as I did in samsung health apllication but didn't work
I used the phone apk from your Google store.

Also I tried from watch, open application, Samsungs health monitor opened on phone but couldn't sync to Samsung health.
Any idea?

Rimes_Late

Jul 16, 2022
@Dante63 i saw the apk after installing on phone has no rights for access to phone storage. I tried to fix by giving manual the access right, but information for user will not be stored, that's why I got the information "You have to be over 16.." so apk will not working properly with my huawei P20 pro (CLT-L29) android 8.1.0 (I stayed on this older version, cause some apps did not work properly with higher ones)

@Dante63 i saw the apk after installing on phone has no rights for access to phone storage. I tried to fix by giving manual the access right, but information for user will not be stored, that's why I got the information "You have to be over 16.." so apk will not working properly with my huawei P20 pro (CLT-L29) android 8.1.0 (I stayed on this older version, cause some apps did not work properly with higher ones)
If you're younger than 16, it will show you that message yes...

As for uninstalling system app from the watch, it's not possible, however you can hide it and restart the watch, the watch will automatically disable it to preserve battery and this will prevent the mod and stock from interfering with each other...

BP Calibration is required once a month, this is to ensure the readings are accurate...

Rimes_Late

Jul 16, 2022
If you're younger than 16, it will show you that message yes...

As for uninstalling system app from the watch, it's not possible, however you can hide it and restart the watch, the watch will automatically disable it to preserve battery and this will prevent the mod and stock from interfering with each other...

BP Calibration is required once a month, this is to ensure the readings are accurate...
I am nearly 50 years, problem is the app did not save the user data where the birthday dates are on. And also the sync (works only on first start) did not overtake the data from Samsung health to the Samsung health monitor application from your Google store.

I am nearly 50 years, problem is the app did not save the user data where the birthday dates are on. And also the sync (works only on first start) did not overtake the data from Samsung health to the Samsung health monitor application from your Google store.
Reach me on any of my social media, I'd love to see screenshots or screen record video, I need to see what you mean in order to assist you

Rimes_Late

Jul 16, 2022
@Dante63 attached some Screenshots
First, for me strange issue is, that does not want any access rights.
Second after start I get the sync issue, I allow everything. After that I have to put anyway user data, I did.
Than User data are not stored within the application samsung health monitor thats why I guess the application doesn't allow me to calibrate due to the missing information of age.

Attachments

• after first start.jpg
    after first start.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 16
  • install_info.jpg
    install_info.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 16
  • first start.jpg
    first start.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 16

kodiak799

Jan 17, 2012
So I don't know when it borked, but my ECG can't lock onto a reading anymore at all. I tried wiping the sensors, and even did a watch reset.

Anyone else experience this? Used to work great. Heart rate and Sp02 still work, and I don't use BPM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 09/29/20:
    1. The latest Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.175.Caravana (Thanks Caravana for the Mod) Download

This tutorial should work on all Android Phones to enable ECG for your Galaxy Watch 3 and Active 2. BP might also work the same way when it is released in the US.

Basic idea is to create your own certificate to sign ECG.tpk application and install it on your watch, then install the Samsung Health Monitor Mod app on your phone.

I have read lots of threads on XDA and can't find a complete tutorial about how to do it for Galaxy Watch 3 or Active 2. Hope this step-by-step tutorial will help. The whole process took me around 30 mins, it shouldn't be very hard. Make sure you back-up your watch first, just in case anything goes wrong and you need to restore data.

You will need an Android Phone, a Windows PC and Galaxy Watch 3/Active 2 watch for this tutorial. And a wireless network.

Downloads:
    1. Download Java for Windows offline (64 bit) https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and install it.
    2. Download JavaSE/Oracle JDK https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html Click "JDK Download" from the top the latest version, then it will direct you to a new page, find "Windows x64 Installer" click the download page from the page and install it.
    3. Download Tizen SDK https://developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/download Download Latest Tizen Studio with IDE installer, click "64 Bit" to download and install it.
    4. Download ecg.tpk, BP.tpk, Fit2Installer from here(ecg_downloads)
    5. Download Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.167.Caravana (Thanks Caravana for the Mod) from here (See update 09/29/20 from the top of the thread to download the latest version)

On Your Phone:
    1. Install Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.167.Caravana on your phone. Open the app enter your name, BOD and etc to finish the setup.

On Your Watch:
    1. From your watch, Go to "Settings"->"About Watch"->"Software"->Click On "Software Versio" 5 times until it shows "Developer mode turned on"
    2. Go back to "About Watch", make sure it shows "Debugging is turned on", it not click "Debugging" and turn it on.
    3. Go to Wifi settings on the watch, change wifi setting to always On, and connect it to the same wireless network with your PC.
    4. Reboot the watch. Make sure wifi is connected after the reboot.

From Your PC:
    1. Launch Tizen Package Manager and Navigate to 5.5 wearable(It depends on your watch's software version, eg mine shows Tizen Version 5.5.0.1, so I navigate to 5.5 wearable), then click Install icon
    2. Scroll down to the Tizen SDK tool and click the install icon
    3. Click on the Extension SDK tab
    3.1 Click the arrow on Extras
    3.2 Install Samsung Certificate Extension and Samsung Wearable Extension
    4. Check the Progress tab, once it shows 100%, you can close Tizen Package Manger and do not launch Tizen Studio(we don't need to use Tizen Studio)
    5. Open up "Certificate Manager"
    6. Click on the "+" icon and from the pop-up window click Samsung Logo.
    6.1 Device Type -> Mobile/Wearable, Click Next
    6.2 Certificate Profile(Give it whatever name you like), Click Next
    6.3 Author Certificate -> Create a new author certificate, Click Next
    6.4 Author Certificate -> Enter Author name, Password, Confirm Password as required(Remember the password,. you will need it when you sign the TPK file) and click next
    6.5 A pop up will ask you to sign in to your Samsung account, enter your account information and sign in
    6.6 Now it will show your certificate has been saved at C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name and click next.
    6.7 Create a new distributor certificate and click next
    6.8 Do not change Privilege and password information, do not close these windows, just leave it there, we need to enable debug mode from the watch and connect it to PC now.
    7. Open Tizen "Device Manager" from the PC.
    8. Click the "Remote Device Manager" icon from top right corner.
    9. From pop-up windows, click the "Scan Devices" icon from the top right corner.
    10. Once it find your watch turn the connection switch to on. and close pop-up windows. At this time, you should able to see lots of debugging information from Device Manager. (If you don't see debug information, try these steps: 1. Turn off your windows firewall 2. turn off bluetooth&GPS on your watch 3. reboot your watch )
    11. Go back to Tizen Certificate Manager, step 9.8, we can see one DUID has been added automatically. Click next.
    12. It will show your certificate has been saved at C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name, Click Finish.
    13. Download Fit2installer.zip unzip the whole folder to your desktop.
    14. Go to the certificate(C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name) you just created and copy all files. inside the folder
    15. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\cert Paste all the certificate file you just copied.
    16. Copy ecg.tpk file and paste it at C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\sign_me
    17. Click sign.bat from the Fit2Installer folder. Enter your certificate password.
    18. It will show "Package( C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\install_me\ecg.tpk ) is created successfully." and enter any key to close the window.
    19. Now go to "Device Manager", right-click your device, choose "install app", Select ecg.tpk file from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\install_me.
    20. Wait a few seconds, you should see ECG app has been installed on your watch. Open it.
    21. Open the "Samsung Health Monitor" app from your phone, you should be able to read the ECG data from your watch now.

As Blood Pressure has not been released in the U.S, once it released, you should be able to activate for Non-Samsung phone the same way. You can disable debug mode if you want now.

Enjoy!

Reference:
    1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83574519&postcount=6
    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/GearS3/comments/aljplu/tutorial_how_to_install_tpks_and_wgts_onto_your/
    3. https://forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-fit/howto-sign-sideload-tizen-applications-t3639793
    Dante63, thanks for your help and comments earlier.
    My head is spinning - I haven't done stuff like this since the days of Windows Mobile!
    Could you just tell me whether, as I now have 5.5.0.2 on the watch, with ECG and BP in the update, although not available to my Huawei P20 Pro, should I still install the apks?
    Or do I understand that the next SHM you modify might just work with the 5.5.0.2 and the P20 as-is?
    Really sorry, and grateful for any help.
    (The watch is from UAE, but I'm in the UK)
    Many thanks!
    It's already done, I have 175, 181 & 183, but for those who can't get it running, I'm willing to play around with the SHM apk, hopefully I find what is stopping the app from running...

it's not fair for people having a watch and can't use its features because it's not available or device problems and so on...
    In allegato BP in italiano, da me tradotto, da firmare. perfettamente funzionante in abbinamento a SHM1.1.0.175 anche esso in italiano
    buon divertimento
    I successfully installed the ECG tpk, Dante - works perfectly with SHM 175 - thank you so much!
    To install the BP tpk, do I just add it using Device Manager?
    Because it doesn't want to do it.
    I don't need to repeat any other steps, do I? Just install the tpk using Device Manager?
    Sorry - I've been doing it for ages, and now I'm too tired to think straight... Would like to do it while everything is set up to go.
    Many thanks, as always.
    You can try with SDB or decompile the TPK installer, add the signed tpk file inside the assets and compile it and then install it and it will push the file inside your watch... I hope you get right and at the first attempt...
    Whered you find the bp.TPK file I cant locate it?
    That member used the BP.tpk in my thread...
    I have tested all the versions in you drive link, none work.
    I think it's time to upgrade the hardware.
    I will make 1 more version of the SMH...
    Wait a little bit longer, if that version works, it will solve most of people problems with the latest version...