Enable ECG(BP Featur) On Non-Samsung Phones for Galaxy Watch 3, Active 2 Step-By-Step

Search This thread
I followed the instructions (1-21).
But when I open the Monitor App, he doesn't find my watch.
Which version did you install on your phone and did you check that the widgets are installed on your watch?
Just to clarify; in order to get ECG and BP to work on your galaxy watch (without samsung phone ofc) you need to manually sign and install the ECG and BP apps on your watch and install a custom version of the SHM on your phone? Even if your region has support for ECG and BP these steps are all necessary and just installing a custom SHM version is not enough?
No, you can do it manually or use tpk installer to push the BP (English) or ECG (English) or SHM (multilingual)...
For SHM, there is root detection and from version 181 and onwards, there is device restriction, country restriction, you can install the official SHM, if it works, then you're fine, if not, install the Modified, I have modified the SHM and removed all those restrictions, lowered the age from 22 to 16 and removed lock screen requirement...

Reactions: Mumrikus

sirhc7

Dec 9, 2007
London
I successfully installed the ECG tpk, Dante - works perfectly with SHM 175 - thank you so much!

To install the BP tpk, do I just add it using Device Manager?
Because it doesn't want to do it.

I don't need to repeat any other steps, do I? Just install the tpk using Device Manager?

Sorry - I've been doing it for ages, and now I'm too tired to think straight... Would like to do it while everything is set up to go.

Many thanks, as always.

Ribonucleic

Dec 17, 2017
I successfully installed the ECG tpk, Dante - works perfectly with SHM 175 - thank you so much!

I don't need to repeat any other steps, do I? Just install the tpk using Device Manager?

Sorry - I've been doing it for ages, and now I'm too tired to think straight... Would like to do it while everything is set up to go.

Many thanks, as always.

Whered you find the bp.TPK file I cant locate it?

Many thanks, as always.
You can try with SDB or decompile the TPK installer, add the signed tpk file inside the assets and compile it and then install it and it will push the file inside your watch... I hope you get right and at the first attempt...
That member used the BP.tpk in my thread...

sirhc7

Dec 9, 2007
London
Thank you so much, Dante! ECG and BP working fine on my P20 pro and Active2.

Is it Ok to now turn off debugging and developer mode?

sirhc7

Dec 9, 2007
London
Btw, the reason BP wouldn't install when I simply added it to 'install me' was because I didn't click 'sign.bat' again, and enter my password again.

Can't thank you enough for all your hard work!

ictyane

Aug 16, 2008
I was able to install ECG but when I try to do with BP, i receive this error
error.jpg

Any Idea?

ictyane

Aug 16, 2008
I had the same issue when I simply added the tpk for BP to the folder 'install_me'.

But then opening 'sign_me' and entering my password again, and clicking 'Return' (just like after doing the ECG tpk) made installation work.

Good luck.

Unfortunately, I did everything cleanly. I removed all the files from both sign_me and install_me. I put bp.tpk inside sign_me, correctly signed it with the .bat and tried to install it as for ECG by selecting the file from the correct folder, but in this case it gives me that error.

sirhc7

Dec 9, 2007
London
Unfortunately, I did everything cleanly. I removed all the files from both sign_me and install_me. I put bp.tpk inside sign_me, correctly signed it with the .bat and tried to install it as for ECG by selecting the file from the correct folder, but in this case it gives me that error.

The tpks go in 'install_me', then you sign them in 'sign_bat'

You don't touch 'install_bat'

ictyane

Aug 16, 2008
The tpks go in 'install_me', then you sign them in 'sign_bat'

You don't touch 'install_bat'

I put the original file in sign_me, then I run the sign.bat that signs it and moves it to install_me dir (exactly like the ecg file), after that I try to install it from device manager (exactly like the ecg file), it advances for a few seconds but
then the above error comes up.
The problem is somewhere else

sirhc7

Dec 9, 2007
London
I put the original file in sign_me, then I run the sign.bat that signs it and moves it to install_me dir (exactly like the ecg file), after that I try to install it from device manager (exactly like the ecg file), it advances for a few seconds but
then the above error comes up.
The problem is somewhere else

The tpks go in 'install_me'

Then open 'sign_bat', and enter your password again

That's all

ictyane

Aug 16, 2008
The tpks go in 'install_me'

Then open 'sign_bat', and enter your password again

That's all

That's all for you, but unfortunately for me even doing what you say doesn't change anything at all: it always gives the same error.

LogError.jpg

I attach the screen of the log error

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Dante! ECG and BP working fine on my P20 pro and Active2.

Is it Ok to now turn off debugging and developer mode?
You're welcome & yes you can switch them off...
That's all for you, but unfortunately for me even doing what you say doesn't change anything at all: it always gives the same error.

View attachment 5239965

I attach the screen of the log error
Grab a fresh BP.tpk and sign it, then push it, if it doesn't work, grab a modified BP.tpk and sign it then push it, it should work...

bjms69

Mar 1, 2021
Hallo,
vielen Dank für eure Arbeit und Anleitungen!
Sofort hatte bei mir die Installation von EKG und BP funktioniert.
Eine Frage: Gibt es die ECG.tpk und BP.tpk auf deutsch?

Hallo, vielen Dank für Ihre Arbeit und Anweisungen! Die Installation von EKG und BP hat bei mir sofort funktioniert. Eine Frage: Gibt es ECG.tpk und BP.tpk auf Deutsch?

wongchunhomartin

May 21, 2015
Enter certificate password: XXXXXXXX
Setting configuration is succeeded....

No exist the default path of security profiles.
Specified file not found: ..\..\..\..\..\cert\author.p12
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/osgi/util/NLS
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:1016)
at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:151)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.defineClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:825)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findClassOnClassPathOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:723)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:646)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:604)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
at org.tizen.ncli.subcommands.sign.SignCLICommand.validateProfilesPath(SignCLICommand.java:120)
at org.tizen.ncli.subcommands.sign.SignCLICommand.call(SignCLICommand.java:63)
at org.tizen.ncli.subcommands.sign.SignCLICommand.call(SignCLICommand.java:48)
at org.tizen.ncli.subcommands.AbstractSubCommand.runCommand(AbstractSubCommand.java:85)
at org.tizen.ncli.ide.shell.PackageCLI.doRepackageForTpk(PackageCLI.java:694)
at org.tizen.ncli.ide.shell.PackageCLI.doPackageForTpk(PackageCLI.java:887)
at org.tizen.ncli.ide.shell.PackageCLI.execute(PackageCLI.java:1058)
at org.tizen.ncli.ide.shell.AbstractCLI.execute(AbstractCLI.java:92)
at org.tizen.ncli.ide.shell.Main.run(Main.java:144)
at org.tizen.ncli.ide.shell.Main.main(Main.java:78)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:606)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:168)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
... 19 more
Press any key to continue . . .

I have that problem when doing the sign.bat

Yaser89lek

Feb 28, 2021
Hi..I did all the steps successfully and copied and installed the two installation files from the computer on the phone, but it does not go into the clock and will not be installed.. my phone is xiaomi redmi note 7 and it is not root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 09/29/20:
    1. The latest Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.175.Caravana (Thanks Caravana for the Mod) Download

This tutorial should work on all Android Phones to enable ECG for your Galaxy Watch 3 and Active 2. BP might also work the same way when it is released in the US.

Basic idea is to create your own certificate to sign ECG.tpk application and install it on your watch, then install the Samsung Health Monitor Mod app on your phone.

I have read lots of threads on XDA and can't find a complete tutorial about how to do it for Galaxy Watch 3 or Active 2. Hope this step-by-step tutorial will help. The whole process took me around 30 mins, it shouldn't be very hard. Make sure you back-up your watch first, just in case anything goes wrong and you need to restore data.

You will need an Android Phone, a Windows PC and Galaxy Watch 3/Active 2 watch for this tutorial. And a wireless network.

Downloads:
    1. Download Java for Windows offline (64 bit) https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and install it.
    2. Download JavaSE/Oracle JDK https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html Click "JDK Download" from the top the latest version, then it will direct you to a new page, find "Windows x64 Installer" click the download page from the page and install it.
    3. Download Tizen SDK https://developer.tizen.org/development/tizen-studio/download Download Latest Tizen Studio with IDE installer, click "64 Bit" to download and install it.
    4. Download ecg.tpk, BP.tpk, Fit2Installer from here(ecg_downloads)
    5. Download Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.167.Caravana (Thanks Caravana for the Mod) from here (See update 09/29/20 from the top of the thread to download the latest version)

On Your Phone:
    1. Install Samsung Health Monitor Version 1..1.0.167.Caravana on your phone. Open the app enter your name, BOD and etc to finish the setup.

On Your Watch:
    1. From your watch, Go to "Settings"->"About Watch"->"Software"->Click On "Software Versio" 5 times until it shows "Developer mode turned on"
    2. Go back to "About Watch", make sure it shows "Debugging is turned on", it not click "Debugging" and turn it on.
    3. Go to Wifi settings on the watch, change wifi setting to always On, and connect it to the same wireless network with your PC.
    4. Reboot the watch. Make sure wifi is connected after the reboot.

From Your PC:
    1. Launch Tizen Package Manager and Navigate to 5.5 wearable(It depends on your watch's software version, eg mine shows Tizen Version 5.5.0.1, so I navigate to 5.5 wearable), then click Install icon
    2. Scroll down to the Tizen SDK tool and click the install icon
    3. Click on the Extension SDK tab
    3.1 Click the arrow on Extras
    3.2 Install Samsung Certificate Extension and Samsung Wearable Extension
    4. Check the Progress tab, once it shows 100%, you can close Tizen Package Manger and do not launch Tizen Studio(we don't need to use Tizen Studio)
    5. Open up "Certificate Manager"
    6. Click on the "+" icon and from the pop-up window click Samsung Logo.
    6.1 Device Type -> Mobile/Wearable, Click Next
    6.2 Certificate Profile(Give it whatever name you like), Click Next
    6.3 Author Certificate -> Create a new author certificate, Click Next
    6.4 Author Certificate -> Enter Author name, Password, Confirm Password as required(Remember the password,. you will need it when you sign the TPK file) and click next
    6.5 A pop up will ask you to sign in to your Samsung account, enter your account information and sign in
    6.6 Now it will show your certificate has been saved at C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name and click next.
    6.7 Create a new distributor certificate and click next
    6.8 Do not change Privilege and password information, do not close these windows, just leave it there, we need to enable debug mode from the watch and connect it to PC now.
    7. Open Tizen "Device Manager" from the PC.
    8. Click the "Remote Device Manager" icon from top right corner.
    9. From pop-up windows, click the "Scan Devices" icon from the top right corner.
    10. Once it find your watch turn the connection switch to on. and close pop-up windows. At this time, you should able to see lots of debugging information from Device Manager. (If you don't see debug information, try these steps: 1. Turn off your windows firewall 2. turn off bluetooth&GPS on your watch 3. reboot your watch )
    11. Go back to Tizen Certificate Manager, step 9.8, we can see one DUID has been added automatically. Click next.
    12. It will show your certificate has been saved at C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name, Click Finish.
    13. Download Fit2installer.zip unzip the whole folder to your desktop.
    14. Go to the certificate(C:/Users/USERNAME/SamsungCertificate/cert_name) you just created and copy all files. inside the folder
    15. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\cert Paste all the certificate file you just copied.
    16. Copy ecg.tpk file and paste it at C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\sign_me
    17. Click sign.bat from the Fit2Installer folder. Enter your certificate password.
    18. It will show "Package( C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\install_me\ecg.tpk ) is created successfully." and enter any key to close the window.
    19. Now go to "Device Manager", right-click your device, choose "install app", Select ecg.tpk file from C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Fit2Installer\install_me.
    20. Wait a few seconds, you should see ECG app has been installed on your watch. Open it.
    21. Open the "Samsung Health Monitor" app from your phone, you should be able to read the ECG data from your watch now.

As Blood Pressure has not been released in the U.S, once it released, you should be able to activate for Non-Samsung phone the same way. You can disable debug mode if you want now.

Enjoy!

Reference:
    1. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83574519&postcount=6
    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/GearS3/comments/aljplu/tutorial_how_to_install_tpks_and_wgts_onto_your/
    3. https://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/gear-fit/howto-sign-sideload-tizen-applications-t3639793
    Dante63, thanks for your help and comments earlier.
    My head is spinning - I haven't done stuff like this since the days of Windows Mobile!
    Could you just tell me whether, as I now have 5.5.0.2 on the watch, with ECG and BP in the update, although not available to my Huawei P20 Pro, should I still install the apks?
    Or do I understand that the next SHM you modify might just work with the 5.5.0.2 and the P20 as-is?
    Really sorry, and grateful for any help.
    (The watch is from UAE, but I'm in the UK)
    Many thanks!
    It's already done, I have 175, 181 & 183, but for those who can't get it running, I'm willing to play around with the SHM apk, hopefully I find what is stopping the app from running...

it's not fair for people having a watch and can't use its features because it's not available or device problems and so on...
    In allegato BP in italiano, da me tradotto, da firmare. perfettamente funzionante in abbinamento a SHM1.1.0.175 anche esso in italiano
    buon divertimento
    Many thanks, as always.
    You can try with SDB or decompile the TPK installer, add the signed tpk file inside the assets and compile it and then install it and it will push the file inside your watch... I hope you get right and at the first attempt...
    That member used the BP.tpk in my thread...
    I have tested all the versions in you drive link, none work.
    I think it's time to upgrade the hardware.
    I will make 1 more version of the SMH...
    Wait a little bit longer, if that version works, it will solve most of people problems with the latest version...