NixwI am unsure if this thread belongs here. Kindly let me know if it doesn't or please move it.
I was wondering if the TAB S7/S7+ would let me play YouTube videos on 4K using the native app but unfortunately it doesn't for obvious reasons using stock settings.
So I figured a way to enable this using ADB. I am unsure how much this affects the battery life since I am still testing app compatibility and power usage.
1. To set 4K resolution -
adb shell wm size 2400x3840
adb shell wm density 1024 (or whatever suits your eyes, mine is 1200)
2. To reset to default -
adb shell wm size reset
adb shell wm density reset
So if anyone's interested all you have to do is -
1. Download minimal ADB and install it if you do not have ADB installed.
2. Open Command Prompt in the ADB folder by pressing Shift Key and selecting the Right Click option "Open command prompt here".
3. Run "ADB devices" without quotes and accept the prompt on your device (Your device must have USB debugging enabled, if you don't know how or have it enabled you probably shouldn't be doing this).
4. Run the above "To set 4K" commands to set the display resolution to 4k.
5. Clear the app data of Youtube and restart the device.
6. (Optional/Reset) To reset the display resolution to default, just run the 2nd set of commands.